[ABD] Quiz MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

ROTF! I was messing around with the highscore editor. :oops: Wanted to get all the bugz worked out of it since the Quiz MOD will use almost the same thing. Image
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

How is progress on this coming along? Ready for testing yet? :wink:
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Nope, not yet. Still having a prob deleting answers from questions. I think I finally have it down though. Forgot to include the quiz id with the answers table. I didn't think I would have to record the quiz id since the questions table already did this but the way SQL commands work, it required it. :roll: Best estimate is another day or so but I really have no idea since things are busy over here with a wedding and aniversary, plus thanksgiving coming up. No to mention I also had to put my forum back up before it completly died and I also have a couple of potential customers on my website. I'll get it done though. :wink:
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Okay everything is running very smoothly now, you can see a screenshot here. Might be a couple more dayz since the subsilver template has to be done plus I still have to finish the Answer Editor and then the user Quiz Menu. But so far Admins can edit a Quiz with Images, Charges and Rewards. Sorry this is taking so long but some unexpected bugz popped up plus life itself can get busy. :roll: Should only be a couple more dayz now. Image
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Looking great! No need to be sorry, we're just happy your putting so much into this :wink: .
Brandons
I am too lazy to register

Post by Brandons »

LaZeR wrote: Looking great! No need to be sorry, we're just happy your putting so much into this :wink: .

exactly how i feel :D
schwa97

Post by schwa97 »

I'm really looking forward to this MOD. It's looking good so far!
Questions

Post by Questions »

looking great napoleon
I will Install MODs to your forum, or install a fresh phpBB 2.0.10 to your host for reasonable prices.
Contact me via AIM @: Gam LDub

(Please note: I use paypal as my money transaction, so before you contact me to do any work to your site, make sure you have one. Thank you.)
thewizard

Post by thewizard »

go away questions i dont want you here lol 8)
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Okay, heres the users screen. Let me know if I'm going in the right direction.

List of available quizes
User taking a quiz

In the last screen shot you'll notice the radio buttons. All the user has to do is click on the button they think is it the right question. The reason why I did this is so users could only have one answer for that question.

I'm still working on when a user submits the quiz, charging/rewarding for taking a quiz, listing how many they got right/wrong and how much they won or loss. Once thats done it should be ready for download. Image
surtin3xposed

Post by surtin3xposed »

Looks good.
MSENYSZAK

Post by MSENYSZAK »

good job- cant wait to add to my activities
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Napoleon wrote: Okay, heres the users screen. Let me know if I'm going in the right direction.

List of available quizes
User taking a quiz

You rock! :D
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

Image Welp! It finally werks, you can see a demo at my forums. I'm packaging up the MOD tonight and writing an install.php file so the whole thing should be done sometime tomorrow <Unless I'm playing in the snow. Image J/K> Theres also a few things that still need to be done but there minor, they are :
  • Highscore Editor
    Timed Quizzes
    subSilver Template
But heres what it has so far :
  • Admin Control Panel
    Customized Quizzes
    Points MOD support
    Charge/Reward system
    TopeTen list
    [Optional] Image displays
    [Optional] HTML Tags
    Current Display [For the admin to see what the question/answer will look like instead of going all the way to the quiz menu and taking the Quiz] :wink:
So like I "typed" above it should be ready by tomorrow. :D
Chris3000

Post by Chris3000 »

dont know if this has been asked..........

but can users simply hit back in their browser to redo the quiz once they submit, and do it over if they knw they put wrong answers?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”