Forum Acronym MOD
This MOD allows you to cross reference acronyms and other words and phrases inside your board by adding a new bbcode tag (acronym) to your board.
MOD Download: http://www.tty.org.uk/acronymmod_v1.zip
Demo : http://www.tty.homelinux.org/board/viewtopic.php?t=503
You MUST have installed the Multi BBCode MOD before installing this MOD
Before you can use the acronym expander you need to configure at least one forum to support acronym searches:
After Installation, from the standard Forum Management screen either edit an existing forum or create a new one and check the 'Enable Acronym Search in this Forum' option.
Using the new feature:
The best way of explaining how to use the new acronym tag is an example:
1. In the forum that you enabled acronym searching on create a NEW topic (each Acronym should go in its own topic)
2. Call the new topic phpBB
3. In the body of the post put in some text about phpBB. You can use bbcode here - make it look good.
4. Save the new post
5. In another forum on your board create (or edit) a post
6. In the body of the post enter the text : This board runs [acronym]phpbb[/acronym]
7. Save the post
8. look at the post you have just created. The word PHPBB is underlined. If you move your cursor over it then you should get a pop up with the body of the post you entered in step 3 as the text**
** This will depend on how you have configured the options in the board configuration page.