[MODDB] ACP Site Announcement Centre v1.2.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
lefty74

[MODDB] ACP Site Announcement Centre v1.2.3

Post by lefty74 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:56 pm

MOD Name: ACP Site Announcement Centre
Author: lefty74
MOD Description: Adds a site announcement box to the top of your forums that can be edited easily in the admin panel.
You can preview it before posting and BBCode and smilies are supported.
Latest or First post of either a forum or topic can be chosen for announcements as well.
Admin can choose who should see the Site Announcements (All, Registered, Mods, Admin only)
Separate announcements for guests only can be shown

MOD Version: 1.2.3 (updated 13-08-07)
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 15 Minutes
Tested on phpBB Version: 2.0.22

Download File: ACP Site Announcement Centre

Screenshots:
ACP

Index
Last edited by lefty74 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:58 pm

Should you have the now unofficial NewsBlock Mod v1.3.1 installed and want to use this mod (the same in features but different code) I would recommend uninstalling it and installing this one.

If there is big demand for change instructions from the v1.3.1 of the News Block to this one, I will write them...
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

acidified

Post by acidified » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:09 pm

I'm curious...is it possible to have something like THIS work with either your news MOD or this one?

dannyscats

Post by dannyscats » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:09 pm

Haha, love the idea. :]

Wonder where you got it from :P

Anyway, Good luck.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:14 pm

dannyscats wrote: Haha, love the idea. :]

Anyway, Good luck.

lol, you know where the idea came from and it is a very good one if I might say so kudos to you :P

Sorry, I just did not want to scrap all the work I have put into moving this to a different level.
lefty74

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:21 pm

acidified wrote: I'm curious...is it possible to have something like THIS work with either your news MOD or this one?

i will have to look at the code and get back to you. If possible and if I find the time to do it, It would be released it as an add-on but this will not happen soon as the future features list is somewhat long.

Please note though that the News Block no longer has ACP Panel Smilies (maybe in version 1.0.5?) so you would have to ask the author dannyscats over here whether he can include it in his version.
lefty74

dannyscats

Post by dannyscats » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:23 pm

lefty74 wrote:
dannyscats wrote:Haha, love the idea. :]

Anyway, Good luck.

lol, you know where the idea came from and it is a very good one if I might say so kudos to you :P

Sorry, I just did not want to scrap all the work I have put into moving this to a different level.

No worries.
I'll be adding most the features you added to mine, so I didnt really see the point in you doing this but still.

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:26 pm

dannyscats wrote: I'll be adding most the features you added to mine, so I didnt really see the point in you doing this but still.

I had a feeling you were going to say that...
Hope you will find some of my code useful :wink:

All the best
lefty74

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:06 pm

Hello,

Please change your MODs version number as outlined in MOD Development forum rules, section 2. Your MOD as being in development requires a development version number as stated in the phpBB versioning scheme.

For example if your MOD is currently displaying v1.0.0, you can change it to 0.1.0 or 1.1.0, depending on your feelings of it's development status. Even minor version numbers (y of x.y.z) are reserved for release versions. If you believe your MOD is of a quality that deserves a release version, please do not hesitate to submit your MOD to the phpBB.com MODDB (MOD release database) for validation pending release.

Thank you,
The phpBB MOD Team
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:42 pm

Hi,
thanks for letting me know.

I have, in the meantime, submitted this to the MODDB so I suppose this better gets locked. If it gets denied I will ask for it to be unlocked again if that is ok.
lefty74

raygene

Post by raygene » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:55 pm

dannyscats wrote: Haha, love the idea. :]

No worries.
I'll be adding most the features you added to mine, so I didnt really see the point in you doing this but still.

As a user of this MOD, I've switched to Lefty's version on account that you didn't even respond to user's posts nor give any kind of update or news for quite a few months.

Being vindictive or sarcsatic doesn't add to credibility, you're the one who disappeared and left quite a few people hanging. If some users decided to switch, can't say I blame them for doing so.

As the old saying goes; you make your bed, you sleep in it.

Gene

raipe

Post by raipe » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:53 pm

Yep, just like raygene said.

I switched to lefty's version too, it rules! 8)

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:05 am

cheers guys :)
lefty74

Mysteron71

Post by Mysteron71 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:40 pm

Hi all

I installed this mod manually and I have this error on my forum now
SQL Error : 1146 Table 'forum_49.phpbb_announcement_centre' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_announcement_centre

Line : 215
File : common.php

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong so as I dont have to retrace my steps and delete all the edited files ... Thanks in advance :wink:

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:54 pm

Mysteron71 wrote: Hi all

I installed this mod manually and I have this error on my forum now
SQL Error : 1146 Table 'forum_49.phpbb_announcement_centre' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_announcement_centre

Line : 215
File : common.php

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong so as I dont have to retrace my steps and delete all the edited files ... Thanks in advance :wink:

Hi, have you run the SQL statements of the mod in phpMyAdmin?
lefty74

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”