[BETA] phpBB Instant Messenger

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
GoleyC

Post by GoleyC »

As for my problem, I think it might be related to another MOD that is installed. The MOD is enhanced admin lookup.

I'll go back through that mod and unmod it to see if that could be the problem.
CG

MCBlaster

Post by MCBlaster »

Hallo,

Ich habe nach der Installation folgen Fehlermeldung.

Code: Select all

Could not update preferences table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' user_allow_shout = , user_allow_chat = , attach_sig = 0, admin_allow_ims = 0, a' at line 2

UPDATE phpbb_im_prefs SET user_allow_ims = , user_allow_shout = , user_allow_chat = , attach_sig = 0, admin_allow_ims = 0, admin_allow_shout = 0, admin_allow_chat = 0, refresh_rate = 0, success_close = 0, refresh_method = 0, auto_launch = 0, popup_ims = 0, list_ims = 0, show_controls = 0, list_all_online = 1, win_main_height = 0, win_main_width = 0, win_online_height = 0, win_online_width = 0, win_read_height = 0, win_read_width = 0, win_send_height = 0, win_send_width = 0, play_sound = 1, default_sound = 0, sound_name = '' WHERE user_id = 11
Wer kann mir Helfen?

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

GoleyC, I have the same problem and remember having that problem when I did a bad install of advanced admin user look up, I'm think I need to make those same changes to the phpbb IM client so it takes advantage of it, but I'm not sure which files.

Thoul, also, maybe I'm completely off, but early today I posted for help cause my scripts weren't looking at the right prefixes for tables and the only thing that I can think of that I did before it went hay wire was change the refresh to 30, maybe it was that don't know, doesn't sound likely, but it's the only thing I can think of. I fixed it now, just reuploaded the constants file and it seemed to work okay now

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

one other thing, I think it's small, but it's no bigdeal. in changing the overall_header and simple_header, the images are going to /subsilver/ is there a way to change it so it looks in the directory of the style being used instead of subsilver all the time?

Oh, and I forgot, great work on this, I congratulate your hard work and determination on this

GoleyC

Post by GoleyC »

Just found out the Enhanced Admin function was the problem with the Admin section for IM preferences for users.

I'll have to see what is causing it and report back here so others that use the Enhanced Admin lookup MOD will be able to use the phpbbIM Admin section for users.
CG

Thoul

Post by Thoul »

I look forward to hearing what you find about the Enhanced Admin lookup MOD - I'll have to mention it in future releases. :)
khisanthax wrote: one other thing, I think it's small, but it's no bigdeal. in changing the overall_header and simple_header, the images are going to /subsilver/ is there a way to change it so it looks in the directory of the style being used instead of subsilver all the time?

Oh, and I forgot, great work on this, I congratulate your hard work and determination on this

Thanks. :D For your subSilver problem, you would probably need to either a) assign $theme['template_name'] a new template variable in page_header.php, and use the new variable (something like {T_TEMPLATE_NAME} I guess) instead of '/subSilver/' in the files; or b) replace '/subSilver/' with another style name in the files.
MCBlaster wrote: Ich habe nach der Installation folgen Fehlermeldung

Sorry, I only know english. :(

Shadow aok

Post by Shadow aok »

i have update my version of phpbb_im to the latest (0.4.5 beta) on my 2.0.3 and when i'n not loggued no problem.
But when i log on i have this error only on the index

Could not insert initial data into preferences table
But if i do an upgrade on an installation with 0.4.4 i haven't this problem, then should that be the install script which bugs the forum ?

Could you help me please ?

THx
No support by email or MSN !
(in fact no more support)

Shadow aok

Post by Shadow aok »

i've found a way to ignore the problem, when i put im_override_users to 1 the mod works perfectly

Thoul

Post by Thoul »

If you want to find out why it was giving that error, try enabling debug mode by changing these lines in includes/constants.php:

//define('DEBUG', 1); // Debugging on
define('DEBUG', 0); // Debugging off
to this:

define('DEBUG', 1); // Debugging on
//define('DEBUG', 0); // Debugging off
The error message should be more detailed then, and if you post that I should be able to fix it, hopefully.

Exp1Fusion

Post by Exp1Fusion »

I've written something similar to this mod, but it isn't necessarily an instant messenger. It's more of a one way instant messenger. From the message board to you.

It's basically a little Windows app that sits in the system tray next to the clock and periodically checks for updates such as new posts and replies from the message board. You can download the phpBB mod scripts here if any of you are interested:

www.rimfusion.com

The download link is right above the Features bullets section.

Shadow aok

Post by Shadow aok »

This is the error message

Erreur Générale 

Could not insert initial data into preferences table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Champ 'play_sound' inconnu dans field list

INSERT INTO phpbb_im_prefs (user_id, user_allow_ims, user_allow_shout, user_allow_chat, attach_sig, admin_allow_ims, admin_allow_shout, admin_allow_chat, new_ims, unread_ims, read_ims, total_sent, refresh_rate, success_close, refresh_method, auto_launch, popup_ims, list_ims, show_controls, list_all_online, win_main_height, win_main_width, win_online_height, win_online_width, win_read_height, win_read_width, win_send_height, win_send_width, play_sound, default_sound, sound_name) VALUES ('2', '1', '1', '1', '0', '1', '1', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '60', '1', '2', '0', '1', '0', '1', '1', '400', '225', '225', '400', '225', '400', '365', '460', '0', '0', '')

Line : 108
File : c:\program files\easyphp\www\shadowed pro\mods\phpbb_im\functions_im.php 

Thoul

Post by Thoul »

Hm, odd... it looks like the install script didn't add the three new database fields. I guess you'll have to add them yourself via phpMyAdmin or something like that for now.

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

I choose "b" but I don't get/know if it uses the styles and info from the css and which of the files I edit to change the text for the im send, I also posted on your site, so if you answered there no need to do see here I'll just check there =)

phpbb-fan

Post by phpbb-fan »

Hi Thoul,

Does the buddy list in instant messenger integrate with the User Control Panel?

see here:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=78227

passio

Post by passio »

Thanks Thoul for your great works.

But how can I unistall the phpBBIM, especially for the DB.

Would you like give the DB uninstall scripts ?

thanks again.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”