[BETA] phpBB Instant Messenger

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

phpbb-fan wrote: Does the buddy list in instant messenger integrate with the User Control Panel?

phpBB IM's buddy/ignore list is probably not compatible with any other buddy list, ignore list, or similar mods (mainly due to different database structures). There are so many other list mods out there that it would have been impossible for me to make phpBB IM's buddy/ignore list work with any/all of them and still have the features I wanted (like the 'buddy is now online' thing). I decided to make a completely new buddy list so I could do everything I wanted with it and do those things in my own style. That was much easier than trying to make it compatible with all the other mods. I plan to expand the buddy/ignore list in a seperate mod once it's more complete in phpBB IM.
passio wrote: But how can I unistall the phpBBIM, especially for the DB.

Would you like give the DB uninstall scripts ?

Well, for everything other than the DB, you can delete the phpBB IM files and remove the edits made to phpBB files. If you use phpMyAdmin, you can use it to 'drop' the two new DB tables (phpbb_im_prefs and phpbb_buddy_list). I'll include a similar function in the installer script in the next update, too (good suggestion, by the way).
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

Regarding Enhanced Admin User Lookup: After taking a good look at this mod, I've seen that there are a couple of ways to fix the problems it causes. Since I assume that most of you using it would like to have, on the problem page, the same search options it provides, I'll include an easy to use fix in the next release.
GoleyC

Post by GoleyC »

Thoul wrote: Regarding Enhanced Admin User Lookup: After taking a good look at this mod, I've seen that there are a couple of ways to fix the problems it causes. Since I assume that most of you using it would like to have, on the problem page, the same search options it provides, I'll include an easy to use fix in the next release.

Thanks for the Enhanced Admin Lookup thing fix....I didn't have much time to dewell over the problems and therefore did not look for the problem.

Thanks though for sorting it out!!!!
CG
johny speed

Post by johny speed »

Hey I am not sure if I should place this in here but I ve seen some like it.

I have installed the im onto my board and the IM itself works fine but. I have an error with my log in/log out I get this message everytime I try to log in or out.

I am running phpBB 2.04 with these other mods points/shop and the IM
the points and shop work fine but when I added the IM I started having log in probs any idears?
if( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] )
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/38/site25/.users/107/jupiters/web/phpBB2/login.php:1) in /home/.sites/38/site25/.users/107/jupiters/web/phpBB2/includes/sessions.php on line 182

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/38/site25/.users/107/jupiters/web/phpBB2/login.php:1) in /home/.sites/38/site25/.users/107/jupiters/web/phpBB2/includes/sessions.php on line 183

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/38/site25/.users/107/jupiters/web/phpBB2/login.php:1) in /home/.sites/38/site25/.users/107/jupiters/web/phpBB2/includes/functions.php on line 745

if you would like to test this goto http://www.matzk.net/~jupiters/phpBB2/ and use this account user name: test password: password.
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

johny speed wrote: I am running phpBB 2.04 with these other mods points/shop and the IM
the points and shop work fine but when I added the IM I started having log in probs any idears?

I tried it on your site, but didn't get the errors, so maybe you've already fixed it. If not, try double checking any changes you've made to sessions.php or login.php.
johny speed

Post by johny speed »

I'm not getting any error messages now apart from the

Sorry, but Instant Messenging has been disabled on that user's account.

message everytime I try to send a message. I've checked the configuration and the user's settings but they're both set to enabled. Do you know what this could be?
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

I believe it's a bug. It'll hopefully be fixed in the next release.
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

0.5.5 Beta is now available from the site linked in the first post. This one has bug fixes for the Enhanced Admin and johny speed's 'disabled' problems. There are also some more Buddy/Ignore/Disallow control panel enhancements and Uninstall instructions.
johny speed

Post by johny speed »

thats great to here I will go check it out at once.

ps do you know if the IM has any problems with the shop/point mods. I only ask as when I intalled the IM onto my forum the link to my shop suddenly didnt work and it did before I added the IM any idears why this might happen?
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

johny speed wrote: ps do you know if the IM has any problems with the shop/point mods.

I've no idea - I have tried any of those, so it's possible.
cwestcivic

Need some help

Post by cwestcivic »

Thoul,

Well after a few days I finally got the chance to finish the install of the phpbb_im. Ive run into a problem though, as seen listed here:

Could not query superior forums of new topic information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'cwestciv_forum.CAT_REL_FORUM_PARENTS_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT f.forum_id, cfp.parent_forum_id FROM phpbb1_forums f, CAT_REL_FORUM_PARENTS_TABLE cfp WHERE f.forum_id IN ( 5 ) AND f.cat_id = cfp.cat_id

Line : 221
File : /home/cwestciv/public_html/phpBB2/index.php

Can you decifer what the problem is and help me fix it please. Thanks you...
cwestcivic

Post by cwestcivic »

Oh also, I couldnt find a section of code you asked to find. Im using zonecopper, and its not in there. Here is the code section you ask to find.

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
						<!-- END switch_user_logged_out -->
						</td>
					</tr>
					<tr>
						<td height="25" align="center" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="mainmenu">&

Well that doesnt exist in zonecopper, so now what do you suggest? Thank you.
cwestcivic

Post by cwestcivic »

Thoul,

Ok scratch my first problem... I got it working... Sweet... The only problem Im having now is just the header ( my second post ) so if ya get time, respond please.. Thanks..
Thoul

Re: Need some help

Post by Thoul »

cwestcivic wrote: SELECT f.forum_id, cfp.parent_forum_id FROM phpbb1_forums f, CAT_REL_FORUM_PARENTS_TABLE cfp WHERE f.forum_id IN ( 5 ) AND f.cat_id = cfp.cat_id

Line : 221
File : /home/cwestciv/public_html/phpBB2/index.php

Can you decifer what the problem is and help me fix it please. Thanks you...

Search through index.php for CAT_REL_FORUM_PARENTS_TABLE, and check the quotation marks on the lines near it. You're probably missing some before or after it somewhere.

For the overall_header.tpl thing, just find a good place to put the code and adapt it to that. That section has to be changed for nearly every template.
Wagz

Post by Wagz »

Hi Thoul,

I just got everything installed and almost working correctly( I can set up IM's and send them), but there are a few problems...

1. The phpBBIM link did not appear in the "General" area of the Administration Panel.

2. The Profile button at the top of the main page is a bit messes up. I can not access my Profile now. See image:

Do you have any idea what happened here?

BTW, MCBlaster(German) just said he got that error after installing the mod, and asked if you could help him. I'll bet if you respond in Enblish he'll be able to figure it out. ;)

Thanks much!
Wagz

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”