[BETA] phpBB Instant Messenger

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
iq3d

Post by iq3d »

Hi Thoul

I guess you could lose quite a lot of the features - including the buddy list. Might it also be possible that if you are signed in as administrator you do get to see a list of who is on while as a visitor you would just have the ability to send a message to the site owner? I guess that could be done by losing the 'whos online' section of the main control panel and then I could just have a link to who's online separate from that...

Chris
DeDonatis

Post by DeDonatis »

i had installes the instand message hack.

now, when i click on the IM link, the popup says:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not get theme data for themes_id [1]

to mee....

whats wrong ????

p.s. sorry my english
phpbb-fan

Post by phpbb-fan »

Hi Thoul..

This mod is getting cooler and cooler :) Thanks

Only one question.. why is it possible, when you send an instant message, to fill in the name of the person that is not online at that moment? That person will not receive that message, so why can I do that?

And is it right that someone must have the Instant Messenger window open to receive instant messages? Because I don't want to let the popup window automatically be openend when someone logs in...

Thanks.. and keep working on this mod!
Thoul

Post by Thoul »

Sorry about the late replies, but I haven't been checking this forum for some time, as I've decided to no longer support my mods here (I'm not stopping development - just not posting here any more).

To answer a couple of questions:
The themes_id error means you probably deleted the subSilver theme. You should change the default themes_id in the im_prefs table to something else, probably... this was fixed in a later version.

Why is it possible to send an im to someone not online? Because they can receive the message when they do come online. ;)

I think it is right that the IM window must be open to receive messages. You can only receive messages when a page checks for messages (meaning, when a page loads). So, if you didn't need to have the IM window open, then you could only receive messages when you go from one page on the forum to another. You don't have to let the popup open automatically... the Launch IM link will change to "You have x new messages" to tell someone they have a message.

Now, for some status updates in regard to this mod. First, I've changed the name to Prillian. Second, there's a couple of spin off mods now: Prillian Lite (basically a watered-down phpBB IM) and Buddy/Ignore/Disallow List. The latter extends this mod's buddy/ignore functions to other parts of a forum.
Seven2

Post by Seven2 »

Hey, I hope this is the right spot to put this... but, People that have Prillian installed send me there site so i can add it to my site list for prillian?
Seven2

Post by Seven2 »

<Edit>
HELP new prob
the config for prillian won't show up in the navigation in administration :(
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

Why have there been no posts to this thread for so long? Are people using this mod with phpbb 2.0.10?

edit: I see there is more activity at darkmods for 'prillion'...I guess that's where the discussion is taking place?
foreverfan

Prillian

Post by foreverfan »

I got Prillian installed when entering an user to my buddylist thwat doesnt exit i get the following error message:

Could not get user_id from username row

DEBUG MODE

SELECT user_id FROM phpbb_users WHERE username='fff'

Line : 48
File : contactcp_edit.php

I dont like the message i want an error message in niormall english i want the message to be like

THis user doesnt exist, make sure you didn't mispell the username

Can you tell me how to change the error message?
bezoek ook mijn woordenboek
http://blackorwhite.nl/woordenboek
Bullmax

Post by Bullmax »

I am a little confused on the refresh rate. In the CP there is this "Main Window Refresh Rate" and I have it set to 5 (5 seconds?). The refresh rate does not change every 5 seconds unless I actually change it in the user admin where it defaults to 60 seconds where then I can change to 5 seconds for each user.

How can I default it to 5 seconds for every user?

Thnaks
ViPeR5000

Post by ViPeR5000 »

nice
DKing

Re: Prillian

Post by DKing »

foreverfan wrote: I got Prillian installed when entering an user to my buddylist thwat doesnt exit i get the following error message:

Could not get user_id from username row

DEBUG MODE

SELECT user_id FROM phpbb_users WHERE username='fff'

Line : 48
File : contactcp_edit.php

I dont like the message i want an error message in niormall english i want the message to be like

THis user doesnt exist, make sure you didn't mispell the username

Can you tell me how to change the error message?

Yeah... it should be somewhere near line 48 in contactcp_edit.php. It should be message_die(... Change the GENERAL_ERROR to GENERAL_MESSAGE and make it say this:
message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, 'The user you have entered does not exist. Please make sure that you did not mis-spell the username and try again. If problems persist, please contact an admin.');
-DKing
Latest phpBB Version: 2.0.21
Search For a MOD: MOD Search
songdove

Post by songdove »

I got that error myself last night when testing. It appeared because I tested with a user account and BEFORE hitting the confirmation link in the email, I decided to hit the index link on the activation screen. Prillian immediately threw up that error.

Even if I change the error output to something "nice", its still annoying. Prillian should have a way of bipassing unconfirmed users and still let people get back to the index page.
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

I just LOVE this mod, but I woke up this morning (installed last night, and got this error in a small box:
Could not get online/offline usernames

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

SELECT user_id, username FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id IN ()

Line : 53
File : functions_contact.php
Perfect-Picture

HELP!!!

Post by Perfect-Picture »

hi , i've got a problem because when i open prillian it says:
"Could not get list of messages

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'pm.site_id' in 'where clause'

SELECT pm.privmsgs_type, pm.privmsgs_id, pm.privmsgs_subject, pm.privmsgs_from_userid, u.username FROM phpbb_privmsgs pm, phpbb_users u WHERE pm.privmsgs_type IN (6, 8) AND pm.privmsgs_to_userid = 2 AND u.user_id = pm.privmsgs_from_userid AND pm.site_id = 0

Line : 158
File : im_main.php"

i don't know what the problem is so plz help me???
perfect-picure
Perfect-Picture

Post by Perfect-Picture »

Could not get list of messages

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'pm.site_id' in 'where clause'

SELECT pm.privmsgs_type, pm.privmsgs_id, pm.privmsgs_subject, pm.privmsgs_from_userid, u.username FROM phpbb_privmsgs pm, phpbb_users u WHERE pm.privmsgs_type IN (6, 8 ) AND pm.privmsgs_to_userid = 2 AND u.user_id = pm.privmsgs_from_userid AND pm.site_id = 0

Line : 158
File : im_main.php

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”