[BETA] RecipeBB - Recipe Storing Mod - v0.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
playerfr

Re: [BETA] RecipeBB - Recipe Storing Mod - v0.1.0

Post by playerfr » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:40 pm

femu wrote:Hi,

I build a receipt MOD based on the easyCMS system and some addons. So alternativly you may give it a try. It's not in the MODDB and I don't have the intention to put in there yet without official permission of the original authors! So use it at your own risk (it's working fine over here with Orion (premodded phpBB 2.0.22).

Click here for the MOD

To see it live, click here. It's German only (the includes English of course), but may give you an idea on how it looks like.

regards,
femu
Look nice :) any plan on making it phpbb3 ?

All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com

femu

Post by femu » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:59 am

playerfr wrote: Look nice :) any plan on making it phpbb3 ?

Not really. I have a really heavy modded phpBB2 system and a lot of enhancements, which I currently not see for phpBB3. Therefore any porting will surely take a long time. As I need phpBB as a plattform and discussion forum, there's currently no need to change the forum, when loosing all my gimmicks I offer :P

And it works fine as it is.

Regards,
femu
Regards, femu

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:47 pm

My German may be a little off femu, but according to your page footer for the link to your mod, am I correct in seeing 477 queries on the database?

If so, holy :shock:
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

femu

Post by femu » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:01 am

Hmmmm ... you're right. I never took a look on that one, as it's only a combination of the easyCMS system, which I transfered to the cookbook ... Let's see, if I can find a solution and especially why it tooks that much queries, although it's still fast :roll:

Thanks for the hint!

femu

cavallino

Post by cavallino » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:58 am

femu wrote:Let's see, if I can find a solution and especially why it tooks that much queries, although it's still fast :roll:
fast ? :shock: It takes me a life to load your cookbook page... with my dsl 2M

playerfr

Post by playerfr » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:56 pm

femu wrote:
playerfr wrote: Look nice :) any plan on making it phpbb3 ?

Not really. I have a really heavy modded phpBB2 system and a lot of enhancements, which I currently not see for phpBB3. Therefore any porting will surely take a long time. As I need phpBB as a plattform and discussion forum, there's currently no need to change the forum, when loosing all my gimmicks I offer :P

And it works fine as it is.

Regards,
femu
I really need this mod :( will you Authorize/help me if I try to adopt it for phpbb3 ? :oops:
All kind of help for your Forums / Sites. Installing for you the forum, the Mods, creating Custom Mods : for small fee http://www.phpbbhelpers.com

dapaintballer333

Post by dapaintballer333 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:41 pm

go ahead and make it. I made this when I was new with php so I wouldn't recommend using it's engine.

playerfr

Post by playerfr » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:59 pm

dapaintballer333 wrote:go ahead and make it. I made this when I was new with php so I wouldn't recommend using it's engine.
I dont know much about PHP but I will try to follow the logic in your code and try to do somthing. I say TRY lolzz lets see if i am able to do it alone

dapaintballer333

Post by dapaintballer333 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:10 am

here is the insecure way I did it:

if the post data starts with some key like: "!recipebbdata!" then it removes that, and calls it a recipe, otherwise its just a normal post and is unmodified.

If its determined to be a recipe, it seperates the post by every "!-!" making the different fields.

So, basically, here is a recipe:
!recipebbdata!title!-!ingredients!-!est. time!-!instructions

etc

playerfr

Post by playerfr » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:47 am

damn whole posting system is chanegd in phpbb3 :( it will be too hard for me to do it :( :cry:

dapaintballer333

Post by dapaintballer333 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:38 am

It's always been VERY confusing, nothing new.

whodat63

Post by whodat63 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:54 am

Are there any known outstanding issues (bugs)? I'd like to install this to my 2.0.22 board. Is it ever going to be submitted for validation?

charliecrow

Post by charliecrow » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:40 pm

Is anyone still working on this mod?

This kind of recipe mod is exactly what I am looking for in a project im working.

If anyone knows of a mod like this that is functional for phpbb2 please reply or send me a pm with details.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”