[RC1] Registration Auth Code (RAC)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
joeydee

Re: [RC1] Registration Auth Code (RAC)

Post by joeydee »

James N wrote:try regestering and dont answer the question. If its working than the registration wont work
Uhmm.. I think I have done something wrong because I do not see the "question" in my registration.. have a look at the screenshot.

http://i6.tinypic.com/85apufr.png

I would like to set up this: http://www.marshalrusty.com/phpBB/spam/question.gif

It's much convenient than having the code displayed somewhere else, I would like to ask a question and the user would answer it.

What do you recommend me looking at to fix the problem?

-Joey
James N

Post by James N »

joeydee wrote: It's much convenient than having the code displayed somewhere else, I would like to ask a question and the user would answer it.

What do you recommend me looking at to fix the problem?

-Joey
Then have a look at my anti spam mod linked in my sig. Remember, any edits you are told to do in subSilver you also have to do in your default tremplate
joeydee

Post by joeydee »

James N wrote:Remember, any edits you are told to do in subSilver you also have to do in your default tremplate
AHHH! maybe thats' why it's not showing up? Cause I'm editing in the "olympics" template... should I do the changes in the Silver? Strange though, I don't see how the default template would have an effect over the current template Im using (i thought i would need to change my current template and not the "silver")

-Joey
James N

Post by James N »

Editing the olympics template is correct. As its not showing you need to double check your edits
aoswald

Post by aoswald »

I am having a similar problem. The authorization code field is not showing up in the registration page. If I fill in the rest of the fields and hit submit I get the error message that the authorization code is incorrect so that part of it is working but, with out the field there is no way to enter the code.

Any suggestions?
James N

Post by James N »

aoswald wrote:I am having a similar problem. The authorization code field is not showing up in the registration page. If I fill in the rest of the fields and hit submit I get the error message that the authorization code is incorrect so that part of it is working but, with out the field there is no way to enter the code.

Any suggestions?
You need to check the edits you have done to your default styles profile_add_body.tpl
aoswald

Post by aoswald »

I have two separate forums. In one of them this mod works and in one it doesn't. I can't figure out the difference
James N

Post by James N »

the easiest way will be to compare the edited files from each forum side by side to see what differences there are.
joeydee

Post by joeydee »

Hey Folks,

not sure whats' going on here with me... check it out

http://i19.tinypic.com/7xawj6c.png

I just want to put a question on my registration page, ex; 1 + 1 = what? so the answer would be 2 (obviously :roll:)

But what happens for me is, the answer is part of the question and even if you answer it, it won't allow you to register...

can someone help me out please (I zipped the files incase anyone would like to see them). http://pumatalk.com/files

Thanks,
-Joey
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

joeydee wrote:Hey Folks,

not sure whats' going on here with me... check it out

http://i19.tinypic.com/7xawj6c.png

I just want to put a question on my registration page, ex; 1 + 1 = what? so the answer would be 2 (obviously :roll:)

But what happens for me is, the answer is part of the question and even if you answer it, it won't allow you to register...

can someone help me out please (I zipped the files incase anyone would like to see them). http://pumatalk.com/files

Thanks,
-Joey
1. you have the RAC code in your profile_add_body.tpl file twice.
be sure to remove the extra switches as well.

2. you have this in your usercp_register.php file that does not belong:

Code: Select all

# Hint: Change the 'qwerty12345' to the auth code that you want to use
#	If you want the code to be case insensitive, use the following instead of the first line (without the # in front):
#	if (strtolower($HTTP_POST_VARS['RAC']) != 'qwerty12345')
#
3. also in your usercp_register.php file, you did not change this to whatever the answer is supposed to be:

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['RAC'] != '1739575')
that string of numbers is what you are supposed to change to whatever the code is going to be.
I don't know why you changed it to 1739575, but if your answer is supposed to be 2 , then it should be this:

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['RAC'] != '2')
and finally;
4. In your language/lang_english/lang_main.php file, you have this completely wrong;

// RAC MOD Begin
$lang['rac_incorrect'] = '2';
$lang['rac_code'] = '1 + 1 = what?';
$lang['rac_location'] = '2';
// RAC MOD End
for your situation, it should be:

// RAC MOD Begin
$lang['rac_incorrect'] = 'The authorization code you have entered is incorrect. The correct code should be stated on the registration page. Please try again.';
$lang['rac_code'] = 'Authorization Code';
$lang['rac_location'] = 'Please type the answer to the following question in the box on the right:<br />1 + 1 = what?'';
// RAC MOD End
I think you just misunderstood how this all works.

hope this helps,

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
joeydee

Post by joeydee »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: 4. In your language/lang_english/lang_main.php file, you have this completely wrong;

// RAC MOD Begin
$lang['rac_incorrect'] = '2';
$lang['rac_code'] = '1 + 1 = what?';
$lang['rac_location'] = '2';
// RAC MOD End
for your situation, it should be:

// RAC MOD Begin
$lang['rac_incorrect'] = 'The authorization code you have entered is incorrect. The correct code should be stated on the registration page. Please try again.';
$lang['rac_location'] = 'Please type the answer to the following question in the box on the right:<br />1 + 1 = what?'';
// RAC MOD End
I think you just misunderstood how this all works.

hope this helps,

robert
Hi Robert,

Everything seems to be fine except this last code... when I changed it to the suggested code you gave me mate, here's what happened on my forum.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/injoefa/public_html/pumatalk/forum/language/lang_english/lang_main.php on line 1051
Here's the code from 1043 t0o 1052

'L_CONFIRM_CODE'			=> $lang['Confirm_code'], 
		'L_CONFIRM_CODE_EXPLAIN'	=> $lang['Confirm_code_explain'],

// RAC MOD Begin
$lang['rac_incorrect'] = 'The authorization code you have entered is incorrect.  Please try again. If this problem persists please contact: Admin@PUMATALK.com';
$lang['rac_location'] = 'Please type the answer to the following question in the box on the right:<br />1 + 1 = ?'';
// RAC MOD End

'S_ALLOW_AVATAR_UPLOAD' => $board_config['allow_avatar_upload'],
		'S_ALLOW_AVATAR_LOCAL' => $board_config['allow_avatar_local'],
What seems to be the problem?
Thanks for your great help Robert!
-Joey
A_O_C

Post by A_O_C »

joeydee wrote:

'L_CONFIRM_CODE'			=> $lang['Confirm_code'], 
		'L_CONFIRM_CODE_EXPLAIN'	=> $lang['Confirm_code_explain'],

// RAC MOD Begin
$lang['rac_incorrect'] = 'The authorization code you have entered is incorrect.  Please try again. If this problem persists please contact: Admin@PUMATALK.com';
$lang['rac_location'] = 'Please type the answer to the following question in the box on the right:<br />1 + 1 = ?'';
// RAC MOD End

'S_ALLOW_AVATAR_UPLOAD' => $board_config['allow_avatar_upload'],
		'S_ALLOW_AVATAR_LOCAL' => $board_config['allow_avatar_local'],
What seems to be the problem?
look VERY closely at the $lang['rac_location'] line, at the end, you have

<br />1 + 1 = '';
and it should be

<br />1 + 1 = ?';
joeydee

Post by joeydee »

A_O_C wrote:look VERY closely at the $lang['rac_location'] line, at the end, you have

<br />1 + 1 = '';
and it should be

<br />1 + 1 = ?';
Thanks alot dude! appreciate your help! Im starting to get super upset with myself cause I always forget some small details when I edit these files man! So im sorry about the hassle! Appreciate the help!

Just one last question - do you know how i can make in BOLD that the confirmation code is CASE SENSITIVE? I want to write it so that it's very visible... i want to put it in this line on top of the visual code.
If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise read this code please contact the Administrator for help.
I would like to write that the CODE is CASE SENSITIVE in BOLD (and in red color)... would anyone know how I would go abouts doing that?

Thanks,
-Joey
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

since you have installed the RAC MOD, you can just turn off the visual confirmation thing in your admin panel.

It does absolutely no good because the spammers cracked it a couple of years ago.

The RAC MOD will stop all of the spammer bots so all that visual code is doing, is adding another step to the registration that is not needed.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
joeydee

Post by joeydee »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:since you have installed the RAC MOD, you can just turn off the visual confirmation thing in your admin panel.

It does absolutely no good because the spammers cracked it a couple of years ago.
Hey Robert,

Thanks alot mate! Appreciate your help!

-Joey

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”