[DEV] Pafiledb [DOWNLOAD MOD] 0.0.9d

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Mohd

Post by Mohd »

yes
Visit My Site Mohd Web Site!
My Current mod is PaFileDb Integration 0.0.8
Demo: Click Here
No support via PM
Holger

Post by Holger »

Thanks a lot!

شكرا

/H
Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

That did the trick, thanks for the reply :D
Holger

Post by Holger »

Works great! شكرا

/H
fishfreek

Post by fishfreek »

Permissions seem to be working great. I have tried all night and this morning to find a way around them but I have not been able to yet.

One thing I found is I think there is a typo in your upgrade mysql table setups. When I went to vote on a download and when I want to download a file the first time I got a mysql error about a missing table. When i looked at the database it appeared two of the tables where mispselled. They where the download browser and the vote browser table. or something like that. You accidently had borwser vs browser.

Something I found that im getting an error on and im not sure if any of your above fix's cover or not is this. When I have a file set to require registered user status to download and im logged out when I try to use the download URL i get a login box. When i login i am to be redirected to the download but Instead i get an error about the functions.php file included with the pafiledb mod. I can supply the error if need be.

I also see what looks like the beginning of maybe some download logging since one of the database tables recordes the member id and the ip and the browser type, and version of the downloader. I wonder if you could offer an admin interface to this so we can see a visual log of who has downloaded what file and what IP they downloaded from. If a member downloads a file multiple times have a download counter showing how many times the member has downloaded the file and having their ip's listed would be great. This way we can track who is downloading what and if someone is downloading a file alot of times from several different Ip's we can deduce that they are either having serious download problems or they have given out their username and password to people.

Oh i found a bug when you click the search button. Lets say you have a category that is open to all registered members and another cateogry that is only open to members of a specific usergroup. Lets say a member that is not in the usergroup goes to the search function and types in a search string that coresponds to a file that is in the private group. The file appears in the search results for the member who is not to have access to that file. Once they see the search resutls they cant click on the results to get access to the file but they can see tha the file exists. It would be good that members who dont have access to private files not find them in the search results.

Overall this is a very promising mod for sure.
Have you joined the PetAdvice Network?

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so ask me how to join our local Shenandoah Valley aquarium group.
Fearless

Post by Fearless »

Are categories correctly updated when a new download is added with this version ? I mean do you see the name of the latest available download and is the total available downloads counter updated ?
MentalMaze

Uploads?

Post by MentalMaze »

Does this mod allow uploads as well?

Thx
When I whisper of deep dark space or
Ponder upon that of the rhyme of time
I find there is no change in the words of rhyme
Whereas there is in both space and time
fishfreek

Post by fishfreek »

Yes you can configure it to allow uploads if you want.
Have you joined the PetAdvice Network?

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so ask me how to join our local Shenandoah Valley aquarium group.
MoKsA

Post by MoKsA »

hi,

ive nothing to admin a link... i've button to delete a comment but when i click it's reload the page... But i've nothing to delete or modify any link... an idea ?
keep them dancing
http://freetekno.fr
m0rales

Post by m0rales »

see this ! ! ! ! !!
http://www.katinanews.gr/dload.php?acti ... 1070472247

Couldnt Query stat info

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 10) AND f1.file_approved = '1' GROUP BY f1.fi

SELECT f1.*, AVG(r.rate_point) AS rating, COUNT(r.votes_file) AS total_votes, u.user_id, u.username, c.cat_id, c.cat_name, COUNT(cm.comments_id) AS total_comments FROM phpbb_pa_files AS f1, phpbb_pa_cat AS c LEFT JOIN phpbb_pa_votes AS r ON f1.file_id = r.votes_file LEFT JOIN phpbb_users AS u ON f1.user_id = u.user_id LEFT JOIN phpbb_pa_comments AS cm ON f1.file_id = cm.file_id WHERE c.cat_id = f1.file_catid AND f1.file_id IN (, 10) AND f1.file_approved = '1' GROUP BY f1.file_id ORDER BY file_time DESC

Line : 218
File : /pub/home/katina34/htdocs/pafiledb/modules/pa_toplist.php
needshelp2

Post by needshelp2 »

it seems lots of people are having that problem...
i am too :(
iconolith

Pafiledb [DOWNLOAD MOD] 0.0.9b - PDFs won't download

Post by iconolith »

Has anyone tried to download PDFs using the pafiledb mod and not been able to?

I've loaded up the mod and it seems to be working fine. All my other file types I've posted to download, download just fine except the PDF files. I get a new blank browser window with a little 'image missing' iconin the upper right.

Other PDFs posted to my server open fine, but not the ones in the pafiledb system.

What might cause this?

Thanx
Fearless

Post by Fearless »

Have you checked mime types on your browser ? If that's not the problem then it might be the way the pafileDB mod pipes files to url to avoid the real url being revealed (and the possibility of hotlinking files directly).
iconolith

PDFs and PafileDB

Post by iconolith »

I don't understand. If other PDFs (outside of pafileDB) work alright, my mime types are fine, right?

It seems that they would be. I use/download PDFs frequently and don't have problems with them at all. This is the first time I've had this problem.

Cheers
Fearless

Post by Fearless »

Fearless wrote: If that's not the problem then it might be the way the pafileDB mod pipes files to url to avoid the real url being revealed (and the possibility of hotlinking files directly).

I had a quick peak at the code and I think I saw some funky code that "sends" the contents of a file to a custom url. Maybe the problem is situated there.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”