[DEV] Pafiledb [DOWNLOAD MOD] 0.0.9d

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
carloclaessen

Post by carloclaessen »

Click here for download

My server is moving so there can be a delay with the downloads or that they dont work at all, i have stalled them on the new server but there is still work on it!!!
peppers

Post by peppers »

Great MOD, love it...
Did understand that some functions are not working yet, like the permissions with the usergroups (just what I looking for).
Some more stuff will come at Septembet 5th.
Is there mayby a list which functions are exactly not implented into the mod yet.
Then I know what to configure and whoch not with the current latest version that I have installed..
Thanx... :lol:
Last edited by peppers on Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
peppers

Post by peppers »

Forgot to ask...

Is there a possibility in the upload that the files will be uploaded to a different server then where the forum is hosted. Will explain why. My website is running on a different host then the files, using 2 seperate hosts. If the files should be hosted on the same server as my website, it will cost me to much datatraffic with the risk that my forum will shut down for a couple of days during the month. For the files I do have access to a FTP server, this solution works perfect.
It should be great when the uploaded files could be transferred directly to the another server. Mayby a option or field in the configuration ACP menu where to set where the uploaded files must be uploaded.
Fearless

Post by Fearless »

Although I haven't experimented with this mod much, I think uploads are restricted to the main host. It's probably possible to do this in PHP, though.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get hold of an FTP to host files ? I would also wish to avoid consuming unnecessary bandwidth by storing downloads on a second host (this is for a gaming clan site). Unfortunately, I haven't seen a host that provides cheap high capacity, high bandwith FTPs or web spaces.
AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

:| I think 1 of the general problems with this MOD is that nobody put a freeze on the updating-with-more-features. But ofcourse to get this fully integrated will take some time yet, clearly. The permissions being next, probably. :D Hopefully, anyway, but that stuff's a bit tricky. :wink:

Now, a sub directory with some of the functions are all right, I guess, but this heavy template-and-include-and-stuff has to be a bit better integrated too I think. And my test site is having some problems, maybe someone got a tip:

First I couldn't get anything to work. Then I made my own categories and threw a few files into them. But seems something goes wrong when I wanted to authorize them - it'd just edit the URL to (site)/1000000000 - I edited a few to point to the files againn. That got showall working...
Now the uploads ends up in the root all of a sudden. :roll: I got a ways yet before I get good at this...
Fearless

Post by Fearless »

I had a good read through this thread and I found out that the sessions.php error occurs because I omitted to edit constants.php.

I'm still having trouble actually getting the install script to work. I have tried to import the SQL file instead but I am then unable to add files and move/remove categories. I'm experimenting with this mod on a local web site and adding files produces no results at all while I'm getting this error message when I want to remove a category :

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in x:\program files\easyphp\www\phpbb2\pafiledb\includes\functions_pafiledb.php on line 1158

Note: The board uses a custom table prefix.

Yes, this mod is very promising but I'm having lot's of trouble getting the latest version to work. It's frustating because I've seen up-and-running download centers like on this site. I guess I'll have to rollback to an earlier version until mohd works his magic again :P .
peppers

Post by peppers »

do have a error on my download page when I use the license feature (don't know or it's working yet normally)....

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /pa_license.php on line 42
did check the file and did found this line...

if ( !($result = $pa_db->sql_query($sql)) )
Probarly it has something to do with query the database... :?
Fearless

Post by Fearless »

That's the same line of code in functions_pafiledb.php that causes the error :P .
Fearless

Post by Fearless »

Just went through the install.txt and I found a minor error in the instructions. The following line :
'pa_cat', 'pa_comments', 'pa_custom', 'pa_customdata', 'pa_files', 'pa_license', 'pa_config', 'pa_votes', 'pa_download_info'

Should read :
'pa_cat', 'pa_comments', 'pa_custom', 'pa_customdata', 'pa_files', 'pa_license', 'pa_config', 'pa_votes', 'pa_download_info',

(I think everyone figured that out)

P.S: Still having trouble getting this mod to work at all :/ .
McLR

Post by McLR »

its only for 2.0.4 ?
i have 2.0.6 , it will work ?
david63

Post by david63 »

Yes - it works with 2.0.6
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
The DareDevil

Post by The DareDevil »

carloclaessen wrote: no, after th 5th he goes on with it he told me
Today is the day :D
McLR

Post by McLR »

carloclaessen wrote: Click here for download

My server is moving so there can be a delay with the downloads or that they dont work at all, i have stalled them on the new server but there is still work on it!!!

tnx
Fearless

Post by Fearless »

Hi, I've just tried installing v0.09b of this mod on a board. Here's the problems I encountered :

- After I create or delete a license, I click on the link in "Click Here to return to the previous page" (admin_license.php?license=add&sid=...) and obtain a 404 error page.
- I can create a category fine but I cannot delete it. When I attempt to delete a category, I obtain this message :

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in e:\program files\easyphp\www\phpbb2\pafiledb\includes\functions_pafiledb.php on line 1158
- I cannot seem to add files using the upload button on dload.php. When I attempt to add a file using the ACP, I obtain this error :

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in e:\program files\easyphp\www\phpbb2\pafiledb\includes\functions_field.php on line 469
- After attempting to add a file in the ACP, I obtain this message when trying to access dload.php :

Couldnt Query Files info

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Champ 'cat_last_file_time' inconnu dans field list

UPDATE phpbb_pa_cat SET cat_last_file_id = '2', cat_last_file_name = 'Test', cat_last_file_time = '1062837552' WHERE cat_id IN (3)

Line : 292
File : e:\program files\easyphp\www\phpbb2\pafiledb\includes\functions_pafiledb.php
As you can see, I'm testing this on EasyPHP before actually implementing it on the main web site. I'm eager to find a solution for this as the download script is useless without the add function and the possibility of customizing categories.
Fearless

Post by Fearless »

Fearless wrote: - After attempting to add a file in the ACP, I obtain this message when trying to access dload.php :

Couldnt Query Files info

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Champ 'cat_last_file_time' inconnu dans field list

UPDATE phpbb_pa_cat SET cat_last_file_id = '2', cat_last_file_name = 'Test', cat_last_file_time = '1062837552' WHERE cat_id IN (3)

Line : 292
File : e:\program files\easyphp\www\phpbb2\pafiledb\includes\functions_pafiledb.php

I think I have fixed this particular problem. Apparently, there is an SQL instruction that is missing in pafiledb_mysql.sql. Comparing the SQL file with update_009b_009c.sql, I would say the following instruction needs to be added :

CREATE TABLE phpbb_pa_cat (
  cat_last_file_name varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  cat_last_file_time INT(50) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
  auth_view tinyint(2) NOT NULL default '0',
) TYPE=MyISAM;
Edit: Encountered a further error :

- When I click the download link of an existing download, I obtain this message :

Couldnt Update Downloader Table Info

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Champ 'downloader_browser' inconnu dans field list

INSERT INTO phpbb_pa_download_info (file_id, user_id, downloader_ip, downloader_os, downloader_browser, browser_version) VALUES('1', '12', 'd99125ec', 'Win', 'IE', '5.01')

Line : 1032
File : e:\program files\easyphp\www\phpbb2\pafiledb\includes\functions.php
This time it seems the error was caused by a typo. The pafiledb_mysql.sql should be modified as follows :

CREATE TABLE phpbb_pa_download_info (
  downloader_os varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  downloader_browser varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  browser_version varchar(255) NOT NULL default ''
) TYPE=MyISAM;
Edit :

Found another typo but of virtually no consequence :

INSERT INTO phpbb_pa_cat VALUES (2, 'Test Cagegory', ...
Should be :

INSERT INTO phpbb_pa_cat VALUES (2, 'Test Category', ...
Edit :

- Encountered a further error with another file entry. The file in question had a test license attached to it. When I click on download, I obtain this message :

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in e:\program files\easyphp\www\phpbb2\pafiledb\modules\pa_license.php on line 42
Line 42 of pa_license read this (it is always the same instruction that causes this error message) :

if ( !($result = $pa_db->sql_query($sql)) ) <== line 42
		{
			message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Couldnt Query file info', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
		}
I suppose this control structure tests if an operation hasn't been carried out succesfully and is supposed to display an error message.

Edit :

- Encountered a problem with adding&uploading files via ACP. For some reason, uploaded files are prefixed with '100000000000' and are uploaded to phpBB2 directory instead of phpBB2/pafiledb/uploads. One test file was a JPG and I have found it in phpBB2/pafiledb/uploads but renamed using a random character sequence. For example :

fcebdaafbac8bf26cff61d7cce343469.jpg
I will try to reproduce the steps that cause this.

Edit :

- I have noticed that something odd occurs when I choose a custom mini icon for a download entry. The image appears as a red x and points to :

http://.../phpBB2/pafiledb/images/icons/
Edit:

- Encountered an error while trying to give a vote to a download entry. This is error message that was displayed :

Couldnt Update Votes Table Info

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Champ 'voter_browser' inconnu dans field list

INSERT INTO phpbb_pa_votes (user_id, votes_ip, votes_file, rate_point, voter_os, voter_browser, browser_version) VALUES('12', 'd99125ec', '6','10', 'Win', 'IE', '5.01')

Line : 1062
File : e:\program files\easyphp\www\phpbb2\pafiledb\includes\functions.php
Again referring to pafiledb_mysql.sql, I have found that there is a small typo in the following statement :

CREATE TABLE phpbb_pa_votes (
  KEY voter_os (voter_os),
  KEY voter_borwser (voter_borwser),
  KEY browser_version (browser_version),
) TYPE=MyISAM;
Should read :

CREATE TABLE phpbb_pa_votes (
  KEY voter_os (voter_os),
  KEY voter_browser (voter_browser),
  KEY browser_version (browser_version),
) TYPE=MyISAM;
After editing this the voting seems to work but it seems that the votes counter isn't being displayed. Here is what is displayed for one download for example :

Rating: 10 / 10 ( Votes)
Ok, I'm going to stop there because doing all this testing without taking a break can be exhausting. I've fixed things so I'm able to add off site downloads and I can delete categories manually using phpMyAdmin.

P.S: Please excuse this monologue of mine but I thought I'd share my findings with other people who are interested in this mod :D .

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”