[DEV] Pafiledb [DOWNLOAD MOD] 0.0.9d

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
playerfr

Post by playerfr »

No one have solution to my problem ?
please help i realy need this mod, please i cant upload is thier any way to upload the file on an other host then forum host.

Thank in advance for you help
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

Mohd wrote: umm, I see, I can complete this mod only in one day, but I have my real life issue coz web is not everything and I am still students in university and I have to take care of my future, and the modding thing is only a hobbie for me, so that is why I can't just work on it all the day. :D

keep your eye on my site coz I don't visit her regulary.

this mod is so good! even if you could dedicate just a few mins to it per day i am sure that people would appreciate the mod soooo much because its great!

Im a student too so i can understand your situation, if you need any help please pm me (i dont know php but im sure there is something i could do) please please please complete this mod because its great!
PhilippT

Post by PhilippT »

Frold wrote: If this mod isn´t in developing by mohd I think this post should been locked.... There are to many bugs and this mod has been en developing for nearly a year...

your allone with your opinion

This thread is a life as long as we stay here and try to fix our / your bug's...

and if mohd somewhen found the time to make the next release im happy to but as long as this day comes we stay here and try....
Fearless

Post by Fearless »

Well, let's look at things this way. There are only a few mods for phpBB that offer a way of managing downloads. I've had a look at these and either they are limited or don't really offer what some people are looking to add to their board.

Now, pafileDB is a proven solution and since it uses SQL instead of flat file (read text file), it is better in lots of aspects and especially performance wise, even if some people are saying that there's a risk that the database will get bloated and will end up eventually corrupting phpBBs data (personally, I do not believe this).

It was a logical step to adapt pafileDB to phpBB with the use of sessions and file permissions and it seems that Mohd was the first to see this. I've had a look at the original pafileDB and he hasn't limited himself to adapting the script but has actually modified some code to add extra functions. For example, I've noticed the mirrors field that I assume will be used for file downloads. That is an excellent idea as sometimes download sites will come and go. Yes, the mod needs a bit of refining but a lot of the work has been done. With this in mind, I think the next version will have more to offer. As far as I'm concerned, the mod is functional up to a point and you should only install it if you're willing to take into account that some functions aren't yet ready to use.
NGLeader

Post by NGLeader »

Well said Fearless.

For those who want to use this mod with a few code change v. 0.0.8 is compatible with phpBB 2.0.6
PhilippT

Post by PhilippT »

NGLeader wrote: Well said Fearless.

very well said, lets hope that alle will be fine someday :roll:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Just to let someone know - the download link on the first post is out.

Quick question while I'm here.

I recently re-named named my database to 'phpbb' instead of 'phpbb2' after a server switch. Everything is fine, but the only problem is that my pafiledb is trying to find the 'phpbb2.phpbb_pa_config', etc. tables, when it should be 'phpbb.phpbb_pa_config' after the switch. Is there a setting somewhere where I can change this setting?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Here is an example of the errors I am getting.

Code: Select all

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'phpbb2.phpbb_pa_cat' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_pa_cat ORDER BY cat_order ASC

Line : 152
File : c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\phpbb\pafiledb\pafiledb_common.php
The tables do exist, it's just that they have been moved to the 'phpbb' database instead of the 'phpbb2' database. Where can I change this setting!
Frold

Post by Frold »

Fearless wrote: As far as I'm concerned, the mod is functional up to a point and you should only install it if you're willing to take into account that
some functions
aren't yet ready to use.

some functions :lol:

Well:
HUGE BUGS
1. you have to delete categories using phpmyadmin. You can not do that in ACP
2. When a user or you-self upload a file, then after it is approved in ACP you have to use phpmyadmin to change the URL to the file if you want people to download it.
3. Alot of problem in the ACP for pafiledb
4. If you are using the attacment mod you have to outcomment some lines in includes/pafiledb_fuction.php (I think that is the name)
5. the database file is full of bugs.
MINOR BUGS
1. The links on the stats-site dload.php?action=stats are wrong
2. The fields on dload.php showning how many files there are in the categorie doesn´t work.
3. When using another templates then fisubsilver you have to change alot of files changing subSilver -> you templates name - this isn´t mention in the install file
4. Another thing - maybe because I´m just a stupid medical student and not at web-wizard - the short description field (you see it when you upload a file) where do I find that after a file is uploaded? It is not in the description of a file.
Last edited by Frold on Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frold

Post by Frold »

delete
PhilippT

Post by PhilippT »

Frold wrote: 4. Another thing - maybe because I´m just a stupid medical student and not at web-wizard - the short description field (you see it when you upload a file) where do I find that after a file is uploaded? It is not in the description of a file.

yes you are ;-)

an in the Catergory view ? (there you can see short description field )

The most of the bugs you write about are answered in the thread if you yust want to make this mod bad go away its a hard thing to write a mod and its much harder to make it bugfree for everyone mohd tryed his best and share his hard work with you..... and some "admins" yust tell about the part that wont work!!!!

But the most important part's work and there are sites out there with a full working 0.0.9 im not very happy that they not share there wisdom with us but i can understand it the answeres of the question ist somwhere in this thread and logic
Frold

Post by Frold »

PhilippT wrote:
Frold wrote:4. Another thing - maybe because I´m just a stupid medical student and not at web-wizard - the short description field (you see it when you upload a file) where do I find that after a file is uploaded? It is not in the description of a file.

yes you are ;-)

an in the Catergory view ? (there you can see short description field )

Well I thought there was something I was missing and there was!
The most of the bugs you write about are answered in the thread if you yust want to make this mod bad go away

I know, why not make a updated version when alot people have spent there time finding bugs and try to solve then - THATS MY WHOLE POINT!

And when MOhd are saying
umm, I see, I can complete this mod only in one day

It pisses my off
its a hard thing to write a mod and its much harder to make it bugfree for everyone mohd tryed his best and share his hard work with you..... and some "admins" yust tell about the part that wont work!!!!

Yes I know, but if you take a job then complete it!!! And if you are not able to do that, then tell other people that. You can not let them think a new bug-free version is coming if it is not.
But the most important part's work and there are sites out there with a full working 0.0.9 im not very happy that they not share there wisdom with us

I agree
but i can understand it the answeres of the question ist somwhere in this thread and logic
Yes for some of them, but if this mod is under development I guess people think a new version will come - apparently NOT
Fearless

Post by Fearless »

Frold wrote:
But the most important part's work and there are sites out there with a full working 0.0.9 im not very happy that they not share there wisdom with us

I agree

This I agree with also >:/ . I have seen sites with a fully functional mod. Not sharing the information about how they fixed things up is just purely selfishness on their behalf.
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

Fearless wrote:
Frold wrote:

I agree

This I agree with also >:/ . I have seen sites with a fully functional mod. Not sharing the information about how they fixed things up is just purely selfishness on their behalf.

if a site changes a mod that i make in order to make it work i would e-mail them to get the solution because I created the mod and if they wont share a fix to my software then they are a prety sad and selfish individual imho
peppers

Post by peppers »

Frold wrote: If this mod isn´t in developing by mohd I think this post should been locked.... There are to many bugs and this mod has been en developing for nearly a year...

Don't stop Mohd with developing this mod...
We know it cost a lot of time to make a good working mod, and if somebody complains... let's start by himself to make a mod like yours.. :P
PhilippT

Post by PhilippT »

PhilippT wrote: But the most important part's work and there are sites out there with a full working 0.0.9 im not very happy that they not share there wisdom with us but i can understand it the answeres of the question ist somwhere in this thread and logic

Pls quote not only the part you like from my statements ;-)

I made all fix i found and send it 1-2 weeks ago to Frold

The most part are easy to fix like the:

Code: Select all

borwser  / browser
but maybe your right :-S if mohd can ask them to share the fixes he made they will share (if mohd dont fix them in his v. (im not shure that he didnt fix them on his dev. v.))

but there is nothing we can do :?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”