[BETA] Viewforum No Query Join

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
JLA
Name: JLA FORUMS

Re: [BETA] Viewforum No Query Join

Post by JLA »

Dog Cow wrote:
JLA wrote: On another note, we had to go in and adjust all of our tables as we hit the big 16777215 (Yes 16.7 million) post limit day before yesterday. MedInt(8) sucks.
Congrats, man! Good job. :D I hope this mod helps your forum.
Thanks - we all appreciate that here. We hope it does too. We will report back once we complete the conversion and put in the rest of your code.
JLA

Post by JLA »

Hi again - we have gotten through to about 2230000 posts but due to some settings on our webserver for performance we are having a hard time getting through this via a browser. Is there a way you can output some code to use that can be run in a cron job that will do all of this via command prompt instead of web browser?

Thanks
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

JLA wrote:Is there a way you can output some code to use that can be run in a cron job that will do all of this via command prompt instead of web browser?
PHP, as you may know, can be run from the command line, and thus, from a cron job. If you set a no expiry time limit, you may be able to get the script to run as long as it needs, without having the bother of needing a web browser.

If by "output some code" you mean write it in a different language, then I can't really help there, since I know PHP the best. Drathbun might be able to help, since he knows Perl.
JLA

Post by JLA »

Dog Cow wrote:
JLA wrote:Is there a way you can output some code to use that can be run in a cron job that will do all of this via command prompt instead of web browser?
PHP, as you may know, can be run from the command line, and thus, from a cron job. If you set a no expiry time limit, you may be able to get the script to run as long as it needs, without having the bother of needing a web browser.

If by "output some code" you mean write it in a different language, then I can't really help there, since I know PHP the best. Drathbun might be able to help, since he knows Perl.
We tried running the file via the command line as we do with various other functions on the site and for some reason it is saying it cannot run the file????
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

JLA wrote: We tried running the file via the command line as we do with various other functions on the site and for some reason it is saying it cannot run the file????
Well, I can tell you some potential, obvious reasons, but you might already know these:
1.) It probably needs a shebang at the top
2.) It probably needs executable permissions

Other than that, I don't know. I've only run 2 or 3 PHP scripts by the command line before (and I didn't write them), so I'll take a look later today and see about this one.
JLA

Post by JLA »

Dog Cow wrote:
JLA wrote: We tried running the file via the command line as we do with various other functions on the site and for some reason it is saying it cannot run the file????
Well, I can tell you some potential, obvious reasons, but you might already know these:
1.) It probably needs a shebang at the top
2.) It probably needs executable permissions

Other than that, I don't know. I've only run 2 or 3 PHP scripts by the command line before (and I didn't write them), so I'll take a look later today and see about this one.
Thanks - we will await your reply.

Appreciate it!!!!!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”