[BETA] Wiki integration for Mediawiki 1.9.x and higher

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
mrweaver

Re: [BETA] Wiki integration for Mediawiki 1.9.x and higher

Post by mrweaver » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:41 pm

Okay, cleared the error messages, got the variables passing happily.

Ran it as external database, but got this:

Code: Select all

Unable to view external table
MySQL Error Number: 1146
MySQL Error Message: Table 'wikidb.phpbb_users' doesn't exist
Is this error resulting because the mod assumes I am running things in the same database?

armsch9

Post by armsch9 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:54 pm

To be honest it doesn't really seem to be to do with my MOD, did you try logging in before you installed the mod?

mrweaver

Post by mrweaver » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:41 pm

did you try logging in before you installed the mod?
Into phpbb? Yes.

Into the wiki, I don't think so.

Waltz

Post by Waltz » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:37 pm

Hello! Thanks for the useful mod!

Due to some server software limitations I'm obliged to use MediaWiki 1.5.8. Is it possible to use your mod for this version?

EtSuGu

Post by EtSuGu » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:33 pm

Hello! Thank you for making this mod. I've installed it but have a few problems with getting it to work properly. It seems to regcognise usernames but not passwords from phpBB, when trying to log into the wiki. If anybody could point out what might be going wrong i'd be very grateful.

I've copied Auth_phpbb to the extensions directory of the wiki, and here's the code I added to LocalSettings.php

Code: Select all

require_once( $IP.'/extensions/Auth_phpBB/Auth_phpbb.php' );

$GLOBALS['wgPHPBB_WikiGroupName']  = 'wiki';    // Name of your PHPBB group
                                                // users need to be a member
                                                // of to use the wiki. (i.e. wiki)

$GLOBALS['wgPHPBB_UseWikiGroup']    = false;     // This tells the Plugin to require
                                                // a user to be a member of the above
                                                // phpBB group. (ie. wiki) Setting
                                                // this to false will let any phpBB
                                                // user edit the wiki.

$GLOBALS['wgPHPBB_UseExtDatabase'] = true;     // This tells the plugin that the phpBB tables
                                                // are in a different database then the wiki.
                                                // The default settings is false.

//-[NOTE: You only need the next four settings if you set $wgPHPBB_UseExtDatabase to true.]-
$GLOBALS['wgPHPBB_MySQL_Host']     = 'myhost';               // phpBB MySQL Host Name.
$GLOBALS['wgPHPBB_MySQL_Username'] = 'U9802238';           // phpBB MySQL Username.
$GLOBALS['wgPHPBB_MySQL_Password'] = 'mypassword';           // phpBB MySQL Password.
$GLOBALS['wgPHPBB_MySQL_Database'] = 'U9802238';      // phpBB MySQL Database Name.

$GLOBALS['wgPHPBB_UserTB']           = 'phpbb_users';        // Name of your PHPBB user table. (i.e. phpbb_users)
$GLOBALS['wgPHPBB_GroupsTB']         = 'phpbb_groups';       // Name of your PHPBB groups table. (i.e. phpbb_groups)
$GLOBALS['wgPHPBB_User_GroupTB']     = 'phpbb_user_group';   // Name of your PHPBB user_group table. (i.e. phpbb_user_group)
$wgAuth                              = new Auth_PHPBB();     // Auth_PHPBB Plugin. 
I'm using mediawiki 1.11 and phpBB3. mediawiki is installed to the root while phpBB is installed to /forum/. In the installation instructions it noted that the mod presumes phpBB is installed to the root, and the wiki to /wiki, saying to change it if needed, but I couldn't see anywhere that needed changing?

I don't understand why it seems to pick up usernames find (it doens't say it's an unrecognised username like it does for madeup names), but not passwords.

Thanks for any help :)

quatermass

Post by quatermass » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:46 pm

Does this work for V3 of phpBB and the latest MediaWiki?

I've an existing Wiki and I'd like to add a forum to my site.

Will my members be able to use their existing usernames and passwords if I add phpBB and this Mod to it?
Stuart Halliday
The Aquarium Wiki Encyclopaedia

pmarvin

Post by pmarvin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:12 pm

I am in the same boat as quartermass. I have an existing MediaWiki site and I am looking to add a forum. I do not want to require the users to create new accounts on the forum. It would be okay that they need to logon to the forum and setup forum specific attributes but it would be great if common attributes are shared between the two databases.

Minoesj

Post by Minoesj » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi,

will you make this mod also available for phpbb 3?
Hope you will....
Animal Rights Concerns offering Animal Rights and Vegan Resources.
Go Vegan and start a more compassionate lifestyle today!

tazzarkin

Post by tazzarkin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:06 pm

The download link does not work anymore, however, I found another place to get another integration:

http://uber.leetphp.com/index.php?categoryid=16

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”