[RC2] M2F - Mail To Forum feature

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Pda0

Post by Pda0 »

1) Yes but SLOW =/
2) Yes, unless you want to install a smaller-profile mod for that (M2F is moderatly big)

Current alpha1 has some caveats but works for me on a testing enviroment. I see no stable release in the near future, sadly.

.pd
twmm

Post by twmm »

Is this project dead? The site http://www.m2f.netclectic.com/ no longer exists. There are many of us waiting to try this (M2F) out. If the project is still alive, would you please outline what the delays are? Perhaps some of us could help bring a resolution to some of these delays.

Regards,
TW
Pda0

Post by Pda0 »

twmm wrote: Is this project dead? The site http://www.m2f.netclectic.com/ no longer exists. There are many of us waiting to try this (M2F) out. If the project is still alive, would you please outline what the delays are? Perhaps some of us could help bring a resolution to some of these delays.

Regards,
TW

The project is not dead, I dont know what happened to the webpage 8O

The delay comes from the lack of developers. period. (All what is currently on CVS is written by me). Ive been busy these last months, and also I dont want to continue developing alone.. its not the idea of a sane open-sourced project...

.pd
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

Hello peeps.

My server died the day before i went on holiday and i'm afraid there wasn't much i could do until i got back (today). It should be back up and running again soon.

Sorry! :oops:
Defend the game:
Pda0

Post by Pda0 »

Just some news about the current cvs version :)

The biggest thing is threading support working (Though still messy, emails doesnt get cleaned up).

Changelog:

- Added a local PEAR distribution to end PEAR problems (Crossing fingers)
- Updated some of the docs
- Added SMTP server support (Untested)
- Added missing subject & from header handling
- Threading working! Lots of cleanup needed though

.pd
PhilippT

Post by PhilippT »

is this projekt yet dead or not ???

i hope not :cry:
Pda0

Post by Pda0 »

PhilippT wrote: is this projekt yet dead or not ???

i hope not :cry:

Its not dead, but very slow. As Ive said in previous posts, we need more developers.

.pd
PhilippT

Post by PhilippT »

Pda0 wrote: Its not dead, but very slow. As Ive said in previous posts, we need more developers.
.pd

i think this are good news... i dont know how much this help but yet i use the pop3client of a nice german team to deliver emails to 1 of my forums it work well an the guys that made it arent not bad i send you the link to these projet in a pm (maybe you know them but there is a chance that you never has hear about them and can maybe bring a new connact for dev...
Pda0

Post by Pda0 »

Thanks for the link, but I dont know how to read german (yet hopefully, I must learn)

You can try latest code @ sourceforge if you want. Its not at all user-friendly, but mod developers and power users should be able to install it without much fuzz.

.pd
PhilippT

Post by PhilippT »

Pda0 wrote: Thanks for the link, but I dont know how to read german (yet hopefully, I must learn)

You can try latest code @ sourceforge if you want. Its not at all user-friendly, but mod developers and power users should be able to install it without much fuzz.

.pd

thanks i fount it.. i can send your there beta code (there is still german text in the file but it work anybe it can help i can search for the email adress of the mod-author and give it to you i think he can read/write english
Pda0

Post by Pda0 »

[quote="PhilippT]
thanks i fount it.. i can send your there beta code (there is still german text in the file but it work anybe it can help i can search for the email adress of the mod-author and give it to you i think he can read/write english[/quote]

What does this beta code do?

.pd
PhilippT

Post by PhilippT »

not very much it checks a imap acount and deliver the mail to a forum...

you must set a forum and a defualt user....
if a email adress of a forum member is used it post the message under his acount..
it has a samp config and and cronjob include but the file is ziped 3.98kb
Pda0

Post by Pda0 »

PhilippT wrote: not very much it checks a imap acount and deliver the mail to a forum...

you must set a forum and a defualt user....
if a email adress of a forum member is used it post the message under his acount..
it has a samp config and and cronjob include but the file is ziped 3.98kb

If the code is GPL or such, send it to me to pda at ing.puc.cl

.pd
Pda0

Post by Pda0 »

Latest alpha includes:

- Pop3 mail retrieval
- Forward (pipe) mail retrieval
- Added max mails to retrieve config directive
- Fixed a bug where mail contents were not being escaped for special chars
- Identification detection working: Send mail and the post is at your name.

Only the full documentation and the control panel are missing for a beta release.

If any mod-dev would like to help build the control panel, send me a pm, we need a control-panel dev.

Thanks.

.pd
PhilippT

Post by PhilippT »

does the code from the small mod help?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”