[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis » Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:12 pm

oops, sorry about resuggesting stuff already mentioned

one thing i havent seen mentioned that i'd like to see is the items listed in alphabetical order (shouldnt be too hard to implement that)

also, its a tiny thing, but you misspelled configuration in admin_shop.php as "Confiration" a bunch of times. lol normally i wouldnt notice but every time i add an item i see that

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:15 pm

Narc0sis wrote: oops, sorry about resuggesting stuff already mentioned

one thing i havent seen mentioned that i'd like to see is the items listed in alphabetical order (shouldnt be too hard to implement that)

also, its a tiny thing, but you misspelled configuration in admin_shop.php as "Confiration" a bunch of times. lol normally i wouldnt notice but every time i add an item i see that

I know, already fixed that typo for the next version (copy and pasted the original ;) )

Also, I'm going to make it order by name in the next version too, and no, it's not hard :P

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:18 pm

Theres a few reasons that character thing is a bad idea. A, it's nothing to do with a shop, B, not everyone will use it for an RPG shop, there are other uses for it and they generally won't require them to own a character (like the zoids board). and C, having characters that can do nothing is pointless. If I ever get around to building a battle system/character mod, then that kind of stuff will be added.

This was only supposed to be a basic shop for everyone to use while I slowly add more stuff to it.

RMS

Post by RMS » Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:28 pm

Hmm well I really would like a character and battle system, but I can do without it. I'm already very satisfied with the shop :)
If not then expanded features for the shop itself would be nice.
Would it be possible to have a page generated for each item description or something like it where you can view the list of people who have bought at least one of that item, and then provide a direct link to his or her inventory?
This is my signature.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:35 pm

It's possible. Did you mean for admins only? or for everyone?

Ghyste

Post by Ghyste » Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:38 pm

maybe you can add a move item up or down
so if you have two items that are almost the same or the same but have differnt color it will fit instead of same, different, different, same
if that makes any since :oops:

RMS

Post by RMS » Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:51 pm

Hmm, well I meant just for anyone to see if they want. It would make it easier, unless anyone has any reason that this would be harmful.

...and also, a way to arrange of the order of the items would be nice. If it was alphebetized, you would be able to just just the starting letter or something to do that, but that would be cumbersome than necessary. For another example, I'll want to sell swords and daggers or something. I want to have it in the same one, but each have a unique name. I'll want to be able to choose each to move around as I see fit.

That also inspires me to ask, is there a way to move one item from one shop into another one, without having to delete it and recreate it, thus removing the need to remove them from inventories as well?
This is my signature.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:12 am

Ghyste wrote: maybe you can add a move item up or down
so if you have two items that are almost the same or the same but have differnt color it will fit instead of same, different, different, same
if that makes any since :oops:

What do you mean...? Where are you talking about?

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:15 am

RMS wrote: Hmm, well I meant just for anyone to see if they want. It would make it easier, unless anyone has any reason that this would be harmful.

...and also, a way to arrange of the order of the items would be nice. If it was alphebetized, you would be able to just just the starting letter or something to do that, but that would be cumbersome than necessary. For another example, I'll want to sell swords and daggers or something. I want to have it in the same one, but each have a unique name. I'll want to be able to choose each to move around as I see fit.

That also inspires me to ask, is there a way to move one item from one shop into another one, without having to delete it and recreate it, thus removing the need to remove them from inventories as well?

Yeah, you can do it now, edit the item in the shop edittor...

I can't think of any way to make it so you can "move" items around, without recreating the entire table each time you did it, which would require alot of code and a rather large waste of my time :P

I could remove sorting by name, and then when you want to "group" items you can just add them in lots insted of randomly, IE: add all your daggers, then all your swords, then all your maces, then all your axes.

There's also no way to alphabetize an inventory because, for some reason, sort() keeps purging the array I make from explode()... if anyone knows a solution to this, I would love to know it.

Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis » Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:25 am

i think what hes talking about is being able (from the admin part) to move items up or down on the list so that if you had somewhat similar items they could be close together. For example, if you had items named "Long sword" and "Short sword" and it was in alphabetical order among many items they wouldnt be next to each other.

I'm not sure how to do this but a good example is the FAQ editor mod. It allows you to add questions and answers to your faq and in the admin section you have the option to move each question up or down on the list. Sorry thats kind of off topic but its the only mod i've seen that does something like that so maybe it could help

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:38 am

I do have an idea for it, I'll write it down as a "to do" for the version after this one...

Hades

Post by Hades » Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:22 am

Zarath - You should check out this mod before implementing character stats:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=29232

All of the works already been done there ;)
Hades
Lord of the Underworld

Like roleplaying? Try BlastRPG Forums

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:08 am

Nice idea, but for me to use it I would have to understand it completely... and depending on if it's under the GNU general public license or if he just copywrited it, I would need permission too :P

I've decided to release my forums address to the people on here. This is just to let you see how my updates are going. I'm not making a test accounts (and I'll delete any I see). If you want to look, reigster normally. If the page errors because of a parse error I'm probably editting it so just wait a few mins and go back. :]

Http://www.auzdev.com/chaos/forums

I'll raise the money earned to 500 per post, so just post something if you need money. Don't spam my forums though.

RMS

Post by RMS » Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:10 am

...ok, another idea :idea:

I want to be able to display some items on the viewtopic area, but I also want to eventually have my members buy a lot of items. However, that would take up too much space and take a while to load every single time.

Is it possible to also add an option where if you select it to be displayed on the viewtopic page, in the shop editor, for each shop you can choose whether or not the items bought from that particular one would be displayed on the page, and not others. Then I can display some of the more important items directly, and let people find out about the other stuff someone has by still clicking on the link to the other page.
This is my signature.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:21 am

It's possible, but I'm not going to do it because then it would have to access the item table for every single item every person has for every post they make... What I could do is add a limit that you can specify to the display field on it, and after it reaches that amount of items stop it displaying them.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”