[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zarcon

Post by Zarcon » Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:41 pm

I don't know if this was already suggested or not but can you make it so we can choose what shows up under our avatar? This way it can be a semi equipment mod.

Oh and...THIS MOD ROCKS :P

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:16 pm

baselineace wrote:
baselineace wrote:Anyway, this is the error I get...

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not obtain lastvisit data from user table

..on any page!

That's not my mod, that's something else you've done... it sounds like you deleted a select row in the users_table call... either that or you deleted the entire row, which would be really bad :P

I hope you backed up.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:17 pm

brettm133 wrote: another question.. (i looked in the faq) is there anyway to take items away from a user? or delete all there items? cool mod btw!

Yes, that's also in the FAQ for the update ;P

baselineace

Post by baselineace » Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:47 pm

Zarath wrote:
baselineace wrote:
baselineace wrote:Anyway, this is the error I get...

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not obtain lastvisit data from user table

..on any page!

That's not my mod, that's something else you've done... it sounds like you deleted a select row in the users_table call... either that or you deleted the entire row, which would be really bad :P

I hope you backed up.

I didn't delete anything. It happened after I ran shop_install.php. Maybe you can post the manual query since the other person's didn't work.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:01 am

Which one? There's 2 of them, the main shop and the first update.

brcolow

Post by brcolow » Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:43 am

Yo zarath. I was being a complete idiot man. I am going to use your mod and scrap mine. If you need ANY help coding features just reply and ill help asap

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:52 am

brcolow wrote: Yo zarath. I was being a complete idiot man. I am going to use your mod and scrap mine. If you need ANY help coding features just reply and ill help asap

:] Thanks, I don't usually need help though... the only question I have about php, which probably no one on here knows is, in pattemplate how do you refer back to the template folder from a subfolder? :P (don't take guesses please, I've probably already tried them)

flowergirl

Post by flowergirl » Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:10 am

Just wanted to cut in and say

Cool Mod I installed points yesterday and shop today and it works great thanks alot Zarath

:D

..::: Its not getting what you want, its wanting what you got :::..

brcolow

Post by brcolow » Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:52 am

Zarath, just assign me a feature and i will do it.

baselineace

Post by baselineace » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:11 am

Zarath wrote: Which one? There's 2 of them, the main shop and the first update.

I think the main shop.

RMS

Post by RMS » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:15 am

...things are bad...I thought it would be funny, and make my board more effective with the effects shop and stuff, but I was kinda wrong.
*sigh* but now my members are in rebellion, calling to arms for a communistic uprising against the horrible capitalistic dictator. :x

Is there any way you could change it so that there is also a different option for avatars and signatures, where you get a seperate avatar gallery, and a signature gallery basically like the existing avatar gallery. Except with this, it is simply a shop for each where you can choose a particular pic you want to use for either and you have to go there to buy and use it?
However, if you don't want to, you can still use your own sigs and pick avatars from the already availible gallery if you want?
I really hope this wouldn't be out of the question, but I can understand if it is...
This is my signature.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:41 am

RMS wrote: ...things are bad...I thought it would be funny, and make my board more effective with the effects shop and stuff, but I was kinda wrong.
*sigh* but now my members are in rebellion, calling to arms for a communistic uprising against the horrible capitalistic dictator. :x

Is there any way you could change it so that there is also a different option for avatars and signatures, where you get a seperate avatar gallery, and a signature gallery basically like the existing avatar gallery. Except with this, it is simply a shop for each where you can choose a particular pic you want to use for either and you have to go there to buy and use it?
However, if you don't want to, you can still use your own sigs and pick avatars from the already availible gallery if you want?
I really hope this wouldn't be out of the question, but I can understand if it is...

Virtually impossible. The reason? People can just manually link their avatars to where-ever you store the "buyable" avatars. If not, they can copy the image and upload it somewhere else then link it... I am however building buy-your-own title & change-other-peoples titles, just as soon as I figure out how to make it private message the person who gets their title changed ;]

RMS

Post by RMS » Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:06 am

...well then I can force them to change it or if they persist, I can disable their ability to do so...but well ok ok...I guess it would be more trouble than it is worth. :P

With this buy your own title thing, would you already have to have the custom title thing installed?
This is my signature.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:20 am

RMS wrote: ...well then I can force them to change it or if they persist, I can disable their ability to do so...but well ok ok...I guess it would be more trouble than it is worth. :P

With this buy your own title thing, would you already have to have the custom title thing installed?

"custom title thing" ??

Ghyste

Post by Ghyste » Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:30 am

I have a Idea

i was thinking
when a person buys a item for say 5 bucks then the next person will have to pay 10 bucks for it. so it keeps going up and up the more it gets sold

Eh bad idea maybe but just a idea :roll:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”