[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Cygnusfear

Post by Cygnusfear » Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:13 am

Ghyste, that was already implemented...

Alex
Alexander Mangel ( http://lst.omniband.nu )
S q u a r e c a v i t y @ w a n a d o o . n l

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:49 am

Cygnusfear wrote: Ghyste, that was already implemented...

Alex

Incorrect. I was going to implement it, but the way I made the shop made it impossible. I don't really feel like explaining, but it's to do with max stock, restocking and starting stock.

I did however recieve a good idea from trel, where the item's price will go up by what you choose everytime it reaches 0. Urg, but then I just thought of another problem with that... back to the drawing board.

brettm133

Post by brettm133 » Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:46 pm

Trel wrote:
brettm133 wrote:another question.. (i looked in the faq) is there anyway to take items away from a user? or delete all there items? cool mod btw!

yes there is, you can remove and add items via ACP if you look on the main shop page, you'll see a space to type a username, type the user's name, and click the button, and you can edit their items.

However, you can't edit their special effect things (hint hint Zarath)

i tried that but there is no space to type it in.. did you update it just now? oh yeah.. all the sudden i keep getting that i couldn't obtain shop items. what's up with that? i haven't done anything.

RMS

Post by RMS » Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:14 pm

Zarath wrote: "custom title thing" ??

hmm, so then in the special shop, what is the titles ability thing for? Simply to display the rank corresponding to what I set it to already?
This is my signature.

pollix

Post by pollix » Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:37 pm

Zarath wrote: I am however building buy-your-own title & change-other-peoples titles, just as soon as I figure out how to make it private message the person who gets their title changed ;]

OH DEAR GOD!! This is what I'm looking for!! How long are you looking at getting this implemented? Please & thank-you!!! :lol:

brettm133

Post by brettm133 » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:32 pm

Zarath wrote: I am however building buy-your-own title & change-other-peoples titles, just as soon as I figure out how to make it private message the person who gets their title changed ;]

good! this is what i've always wanted.. what about a glowing username?

RMS

Post by RMS » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:11 pm

Unless you're talking about something else, you can already do that. It's one of the text effects. Just buy a glow color in the special shop :)
This is my signature.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:44 pm

RMS wrote:
Zarath wrote: "custom title thing" ??

hmm, so then in the special shop, what is the titles ability thing for? Simply to display the rank corresponding to what I set it to already?

at the moment, yes. I'm thinking you'll have to buy the ability before you can buy a custom title and/or change someone elses title.

brettm133

Post by brettm133 » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:49 pm

yeah i like the changing user titles better than the item part of it.. that would be cool if you could buy an avatar or something. or say all signatures are disabled and you can buy your signature or something.. just feeding you ideas. :)

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:31 am

brettm133 wrote: yeah i like the changing user titles better than the item part of it.. that would be cool if you could buy an avatar or something. or say all signatures are disabled and you can buy your signature or something.. just feeding you ideas. :)

Already done & released? Did you update your version of the shop?

RMS

Post by RMS » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:36 am

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. It get it now. :)

Also, I have some more ideas. Besides not just being able to set maximum amounts of each item that each person can buy, can there also be a set maximum total number of items bought from one store?
I want this because for the store case, I want to have one where I basically have a mercenary guild or something, where people can be hired. However, I want to limit the amount of total mercenaries each person can hire, and then limit the amount for each, so that each individual "item"/person can only be hired once.

Also, this is going to be kinda weird, and I guess probably more trouble than it's worth, but I want to sell or at least rent some real estate :P
There can be another special shop created to sell different sort of title deeds and licenses. There can be such that after you create a private forum, you can create a title deed and set it to the permission so that whoever owns it becomes the mod of a particular hidden, private forum. Then another type will just be a license or something, so that if it is bought, it can be used to gain entrance into that forum. However, licenses would become availible only after the title deed for that forum has been bought. A potential home owner should be sure though that he has enough money to buy the licenses too, or he might have some unwanted guests. Then when the barter/trade system is in play, he can give out those licenses to friends or something. :D
This is my signature.

pollix

Post by pollix » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:47 am

Zarath wrote: Already done & released? Did you update your version of the shop?

So your saying the current download for this item shop, you can buy a person's rank/signature change?

younghistorians

Post by younghistorians » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:59 am

Okay, Im confused now after reading all the previous posts. When a user buys for say a custom title in my shop, is there any way to automate this or do i have to keep track of what they buy, then i set it for em manually?

RMS

Post by RMS » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:14 am

Unless I am mistaken, you cannot actually buy a custom title yet. You simply make it so that a person can have a rank displayed, whether a generic set or a special rank. At least that's how I understood it, but I didn't want to use it for my board. When it's activated, nobody's ranks are displayed until they pay the fee and then it automatically is displayed for that one person.

You cannot change anyone else's anything yet unless you are admin.
Right now, you can make it so that someone pays before he can have his or her signature displayed.
This is my signature.

younghistorians

Post by younghistorians » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:15 am

that is what i ahve been doing with this mod, so i hope we can develop this alittle more to do this.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”