[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zarath

Post by Zarath » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:19 am

At this very moment I'm Building:

Title Effects-
Color
Glow
Shadow

Custom Buys-
Buy Custom title
Change Username

younghistorians

Post by younghistorians » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:28 am

maybe a get access to something mod also. i dont know what though!

RMS

Post by RMS » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:30 am

1) Will the custom title require any outside mods?
2) Will this be charge per user name change?
This is my signature.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:58 am

Yes
Yes

You'll need to edit viewtopic for this.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:00 am

RMS wrote: Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. It get it now. :)

Also, I have some more ideas. Besides not just being able to set maximum amounts of each item that each person can buy, can there also be a set maximum total number of items bought from one store?
I want this because for the store case, I want to have one where I basically have a mercenary guild or something, where people can be hired. However, I want to limit the amount of total mercenaries each person can hire, and then limit the amount for each, so that each individual "item"/person can only be hired once.

Also, this is going to be kinda weird, and I guess probably more trouble than it's worth, but I want to sell or at least rent some real estate :P
There can be another special shop created to sell different sort of title deeds and licenses. There can be such that after you create a private forum, you can create a title deed and set it to the permission so that whoever owns it becomes the mod of a particular hidden, private forum. Then another type will just be a license or something, so that if it is bought, it can be used to gain entrance into that forum. However, licenses would become availible only after the title deed for that forum has been bought. A potential home owner should be sure though that he has enough money to buy the licenses too, or he might have some unwanted guests. Then when the barter/trade system is in play, he can give out those licenses to friends or something. :D

Way too difficult and off course for what I'm building at the moment.
I only have 2-3weeks left at most before I have to stop building this mod and building something like that would probably not only drive me to completely stop building it, but take up the majority of my time.

RMS

Post by RMS » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:03 am

Hmm, alrighty then. I have to ask first before I know the answer, hehe :P

Why do you have a time restraint? You have other things you are going to work on?
This is my signature.

brettm133

Post by brettm133 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:35 am

wow.. nice upgrade ;) ok i have a question.. when you buy a signature what does that exactly do? see i disable sigs on my forum because some people were abusing it.. now they can buy it but when they do buy it they still can't use a sig. is this the purpose of it? same with the avatar... am i missing something? the color change works good though! i'm kind of confused on what it is suppose to do... thanks.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:29 am

brettm133 wrote: wow.. nice upgrade ;) ok i have a question.. when you buy a signature what does that exactly do? see i disable sigs on my forum because some people were abusing it.. now they can buy it but when they do buy it they still can't use a sig. is this the purpose of it? same with the avatar... am i missing something? the color change works good though! i'm kind of confused on what it is suppose to do... thanks.

You have to have signatures and avatars enabled for them to work.

Once people set them in their profile, it won't display them on viewtopic until the person buys the ability.

The color changes change the username color :P

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:30 am

RMS wrote: Hmm, alrighty then. I have to ask first before I know the answer, hehe :P

Why do you have a time restraint? You have other things you are going to work on?

At the moment it's summer break here, in January I have to move because I'm starting at a new university. All my time will be going into studying and setting up my place :P

pollix

Post by pollix » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:38 am

Hey Zarath, I noticed you had a bank on your site. EXCELLENT! Any possiblities of releasing it? 8)

RMS

Post by RMS » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:40 am

Ah I see then. Hmm makes sense. That's definately more important.
Just a few days more and I'll be in winter break, myself :)
This is my signature.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:01 am

pollix wrote: Hey Zarath, I noticed you had a bank on your site. EXCELLENT! Any possiblities of releasing it? 8)

I'm not sure if I'm going to be releasing it.

pollix

Post by pollix » Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:15 am

Well... I think its really cool and it would make yet another nice addition to my site!! 8)

Dag

Post by Dag » Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:26 am

Whats the latest ver. of the item shop mod? I really hate to go thru 16 pages of post to find it :lol:

Ghyste

Post by Ghyste » Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:07 am

Thats a bummer if your not gonna give out
I wish you would change your mind about the bank :?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”