[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
DigitalBackSpin

Post by DigitalBackSpin » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:42 pm

I forget..is it bow THEN scrape or the other way around?

Moogie, you're incredible-Better than Santa Claus.

Thanks!

One question.. you aren't one of those people that dreams in code are you? I worked for a guy like that once. He'd wake up and just type for two hours straight and the next thing you know he'd have a working program. Or you'd ask him if X was possible and he'd come back in a half hour with a disk in hand and say "is this what you meant?"
Scary part was he'd hand it to me to test and it was about 99% bug free. it was a little freaky.

Moogie

Post by Moogie » Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:48 am

*lol* I wish! :) I'm really no programmer, I'm just alright at tweaking things and cobbling scripts together. I couldn't have done any of this without Zarath's original shop scripts (which are infinately superior to my work!)... but nonetheless I'm really glad I could help!

Sometimes I do dream of coding... but it doesn't usually make a lot of sense ;)

Will try to get some of the other scripts up in the next day or two, though I'm out most of today...
Moogie

RMS

Post by RMS » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:08 am

Hmm, I haven't tried the scratch card yet but I can't seem to be able to get the mystery chest to work. Unless I messed up, I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions. I altered my file for the items I have and then named it the same as the item in my shop. Since I tried creating it just rewarding points back, I don't suppose there's any chance of the items not being there.
I can't get it to link to the page where it does stuff from the inventory page, and when I try accessing the .php file manually, it just displays most of the file in text form.

...is there something I missed doing? :?
This is my signature.

Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:31 am

check to make sure the name of the Mystery Chest.php and the item name are exact, that goes for capitalization too.

For example, if its named Mystery Chest.php on your board, you have to actually enter in "Mystery Chest" as the item name. Relying on the item shop to automatically capitalize it wont work because it'll still be lowercase in the database and thus wont link.

RMS

Post by RMS » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:11 am

Hmm, well that was correct but I got it fixed anyway :P

...it seems that my file somehow got corrupted, and then I just had to change the prefix for my table and then it worked like a charm...unless I missed the part where it didn't, hehe. :)
This is my signature.

auron8785

Post by auron8785 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:31 am

i want this mystry chest but I dont know what to do, How do i add this on my board thx
Live life to the fullest...
Dont forget who you are...
You'll never know until you walk in their shoes...

DigitalBackSpin

Post by DigitalBackSpin » Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:33 am

Moogie,

The treasure chest mod went over BIG. I renamed the file for a second item and card it Fate Cards. I stuffed in an even number of items in each of the C,UC,R,VR slots and made 50% good items (credits) and 50% "bad" (twinkies and Tab soda). Now when you get a GOOD item you get a card with the Queen of Swords on it and the Message "fortune Smiles on thee", but if you get a "bad" item you get "Fate has dealt you DEATH!" and the Death card comes it.

The store has sold out of fate cards three seperate times since yesterday afternoon.

Moogie you're incredible!

Threatcon

Post by Threatcon » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:18 am

Yes Moogie thankx alot! I replaced your first version of mystery chest with this new one that gives out points and it's also going over big time. For some reason though, my users love the scratch cards even more! LOL Thankx for the hook up! :wink: 8)

Ghyste

Post by Ghyste » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:17 am

I tired installing the Scratch card and when I click on it I get this
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/sushisau/public_html/phpBB2/Scratch Card.php on line 7

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/sushisau/public_html/phpBB2/Scratch Card.php on line 16

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/sushisau/public_html/phpBB2/Scratch Card.php on line 17

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/sushisau/public_html/phpBB2/Scratch Card.php on line 34

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/sushisau/public_html/phpBB2/Scratch Card.php on line 35

Parse error: parse error in /home/sushisau/public_html/phpBB2/Scratch Card.php on line 36

Someone P-P-Please help me :oops:

RMS

Post by RMS » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:52 pm

Auron, follow the instructions on page 43, about the edits to make to your shop.php, add the use_body.tpl file and then upload your mystery chest file. Just follow all the tutorials and you should be good to go.
This is my signature.

RMS

Post by RMS » Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:38 pm

...oh, and for whenever, is it possible to make it so that basically all of these shop functions (if they can't be split up) are able to be assigned to people with mod status without having them be admins just to do this?
I was hoping this is possible because I want my delegated GMs to be able to have more power and create a more versatile user friendly environment, without having to wait on the admins (that have too much to do as it is) to do everything. :?:
This is my signature.

Moogie

Post by Moogie » Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:05 pm

If I've understood your post correctly, you want moderators to be able to manage the shop, bank etc?

You can use the Nivisec Admin Panel Allowances mod for that, using that mod you can specify certain areas of the Admin Panel to be accessible by mods. I've been using it for quite some time, never had any problems with it. You should be able to find it quite quickly with a search (I'd hunt for it now, but I gotta nip out, sorry).

If I've misunderstood, sorry!
Moogie

RMS

Post by RMS » Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:31 pm

...oh yeah, that's what I meant...hmm, I've gottan learn to pay more attention to stuff going on around here :P

Ok I'll check that out. Thanks :)
This is my signature.

DigitalBackSpin

Post by DigitalBackSpin » Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:16 pm

OK two questions...

One is related to the magic box mod. I want to add an item to the box that would DEDUCT something from the user. I'd would love for this to be points but here's the rub. If the value of the deduction is greater than their current points total the whole thing errors out. Is there a way to hack the point system to allow for negative values? Or even better away to make an "item" that would deduct points from the bank?

Second question is about the shop it's self....

When purchasing an item instead of it being added to an inventory a notification gets sent to a specific user via PM? The notification would include: who bought the item and how many of a specific item were bought. At the same time the points are deducted from the user's total.

Basically I'm wanting the shop part to allow users to buy real items and have the shop notify me when they do so I can send them the item.

Ghyste

Post by Ghyste » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:07 pm

okay I tried the Chest one also and I get the same deal
the only thing I did was rename it
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/sushisau/public_html/phpBB2/bag.php on line 7

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/sushisau/public_html/phpBB2/bag.php on line 16

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/sushisau/public_html/phpBB2/bag.php on line 17

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/sushisau/public_html/phpBB2/bag.php on line 34

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/sushisau/public_html/phpBB2/bag.php on line 35

Parse error: parse error in /home/sushisau/public_html/phpBB2/bag.php on line 36

I have no idea what the problem is...

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”