[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
TheGatesofBill

Post by TheGatesofBill » Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:32 am

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't get any of these addon things to work on my forum. No matter what item I try to "use" it just tells me that I don't own that item. Please help me.

carnofago

Post by carnofago » Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:57 am

henry_s wrote: carnofago, I just installed the Custom Colours Mod thingy, and is there a way to make a standard colour for the username?

The Black blends in a little TO well to the background :wink:

I'm not sure if theres is any easier way, but the custom colour for each user is stored in the Database and it's default attribute is set to NULL, so the only thing you need to do is connect to your MySQL database and change the default attribute for the hex code of the colour that you would like to be the default

for example here we are gonna change the default username to black so unless anyone change their username colour it'll be black
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` CHANGE `user_custom_color` `user_custom_color` VARCHAR(6) DEFAULT '000000'

(I really hope that was what you meaned with your question :roll: )

carnofago

Post by carnofago » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:02 am

TheGatesofBill wrote: Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't get any of these addon things to work on my forum. No matter what item I try to "use" it just tells me that I don't own that item. Please help me.

that usually happens when you dont change the "$itemname" variable, be sure that its the same name (be careful with the lowercase)

TheGatesofBill

Post by TheGatesofBill » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:47 am

carnofago wrote:
TheGatesofBill wrote:Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't get any of these addon things to work on my forum. No matter what item I try to "use" it just tells me that I don't own that item. Please help me.

that usually happens when you dont change the "$itemname" variable, be sure that its the same name (be careful with the lowercase)

Nope, although I found some odd things. I entered it as "Scratch Card" but in some places it shows up as "Scratch card", I tried both, neither works.

carnofago

Post by carnofago » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:49 am

TheGatesofBill wrote:
carnofago wrote:
TheGatesofBill wrote:Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't get any of these addon things to work on my forum. No matter what item I try to "use" it just tells me that I don't own that item. Please help me.

Nope, although I found some odd things. I entered it as "Scratch Card" but in some places it shows up as "Scratch card", I tried both, neither works.

that used to happen to me too, but then I named all of them in lower case and it worked, It dosn't matter if in your page it shows up as Scrath card or Scratch Card the same happened to me (I'm using lycos) but I named both the "$itemname=scratch card " and the name of the page "scratch code.php" and it worked even if in my page it shows up as Scratch Card

Clazzy

Post by Clazzy » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:05 am

Would it be possible to make it so that you could do things like blur, fade and rainbow text? I've got absolutely no idea how to code PHP. I know there have been hacks to make those types of bbcode but would you be able to bring them into the shop mod?

TheGatesofBill

Post by TheGatesofBill » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:28 pm

Thanks, canofago, typing it in lowercase worked.

Anyways, I made another action thing. You can download it here: http://1337ghetto.kicks-ass.net/notea.zip
It is for the object "no tea", when used, it runs the HHGG text game.

DanielT
Former Team Member

Post by DanielT » Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:29 pm

hello,

is there an fix for the admin panel? the values in the drop down boxes dont show

thanks

yothisbalec

Post by yothisbalec » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:41 pm

is there a way to make items unique, and can't be sold in stores?

Like, I want an amulet that can't be seen in stores and can't be bought, only I can give it out, as an admin.

any help would be appreciated and if there already is one, sorry I looked over it.

Moogie

Post by Moogie » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:40 pm

DanielT: You need to upload and run the two shop upgrade php files.

yothisbalec: You can make an admin only shop by entering the shop type as admin_only - this store cannot be seen by anyone on the shop listing, and the items in it can only be given out by the admin.
Moogie

yothisbalec

Post by yothisbalec » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:59 am

Awesome! thanks...
Now I feel stupid for not knowing that...

redg8r

Post by redg8r » Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:08 am

does this mod work with 2.0.4?

thanks

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:05 am

redg8r wrote: does this mod work with 2.0.4?

thanks

Yes and No.

Yes being some people have got it to work.

No being most people can't get it to work, especially the installation files.

Ghyste

Post by Ghyste » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:09 am

Hey Moogie
I can't seem to get the addons to work
I just get tons of error messages
since I just copy and paste the Chest and scratch card in note pad
it forces the .php at the end out and renames it to just .txt

I was wondering if you can send me those files (chest and Scratch) since I think that maybe the problem

I'll pm you my e-mail
if you don't want to do it thats fine,,,

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:51 am

When you saveas in notepad use "<name>.php" that way it won't change it to a .txt :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”