[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Henry_n

Post by Henry_n »

What is the file name that I can change the "Shop List" items. You see, I have shops (ie: The Legendary Shop) and they say, in this case, The Legendary Shop Shop. They say Shop twice. So, I was woundering where I can change that.

RMS

Post by RMS »

khisanthax wrote: I don't know if this suggestion has been made, but one way to keep things going is to allow users to buy basic items and combine them to make their own items, this way it allows for more creativity? I don't know how complicated it would be, but the game morrowind does something like this with items, spells and enchanged items.

Yes, it has been requested more than once and has been considered as a potential addition.
This is my signature.

chukst3r

Post by chukst3r »

Zarath wrote: You more than likely purged the beta and alpha symbols from the code. Go over it and look for them carefully.

sorry im not sure what you mean by "purged the beta and alpha symbols"

im a php newbie... :cry:

Zarath

Post by Zarath »

Henry_n wrote: What is the file name that I can change the "Shop List" items. You see, I have shops (ie: The Legendary Shop) and they say, in this case, The Legendary Shop Shop. They say Shop twice. So, I was woundering where I can change that.

You could just change the name to "The Legendary" and it will automatically add shop. :)

MadArab

Post by MadArab »

2 Questions:

1: Is there a FAQ for the Shop anywhere? 51 pages is alot to go through.
DUH! Nevermind that one.

2: I had a user purchase the Avatar feature from the effects shop. She says she doesn't know what she did, but it took her credits, and then said something that she'd traded. I'm still kinda new to this, but it does show she purchased it, and she has an Avatar selected... anyone know what happened, and how I can remedy this, or maybe prevent it from happening again? about 5 other users have had no problems yet.

Thanks for any assistance.

Mark

Spider Slay
I am too lazy to register

Post by Spider Slay »

Are the acces items aleady finished?

Spider Slay

Post by Spider Slay »

Also, how can I remove the border frmo the icon_store_rpg.gif?

Spider Slay

Post by Spider Slay »

My Shop link in the header doesn't link to anything, it links to http://spiderslay.com/phpBB2 which is my main root. Where to change?

Henry_n

Post by Henry_n »

Zarath wrote:
Henry_n wrote:What is the file name that I can change the "Shop List" items. You see, I have shops (ie: The Legendary Shop) and they say, in this case, The Legendary Shop Shop. They say Shop twice. So, I was woundering where I can change that.

You could just change the name to "The Legendary" and it will automatically add shop. :)

That'd be stupid. I'm not going to name it "The Legendary" I just want the file to edit.

Spider Slay wrote: My Shop link in the header doesn't link to anything, it links to http://spiderslay.com/phpBB2 which is my main root. Where to change?

You should go to your templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME/over_header.tpl.

Find:

Code: Select all

<a href="" class="mainmenu">
Replace With:

<a href="shop.php" class="mainmenu">
Wow, this is the first mod I ever did! (Eh- if you call it a mod)

Iankf1

Post by Iankf1 »

hey people i am sure this might be a dead thread or somthing but where do i put the shop icon?

Iankf1

Post by Iankf1 »

I have added the shop mod to my forum but now i get a error ( i have done both upgrades

this is the error i get

Parse error: parse error in viewtopic.php on line 1312

anyone help?

Spider Slay

Post by Spider Slay »

Iankf1 wrote: hey people i am sure this might be a dead thread or somthing but where do i put the shop icon?

Create a new directory in your main root (somethnig like phpBB2) called shop, then create another directory called images, upload the image to there.

Also, for my question, I have:

'U_SHOP' => append_sid('shop.'.$phpEx),

in includes/page_header.php

and:

<a href="{U_SHOP}" class="mainmenu">{SHOP}</a>

in templates/subBlack/overall_header.php

chukst3r

Post by chukst3r »

Iankf1 wrote: I have added the shop mod to my forum but now i get a error ( i have done both upgrades

this is the error i get

Parse error: parse error in viewtopic.php on line 1312

anyone help?

thats what im getting aswell.....
i hope some1 can answer the question..... :)

Spider Slay

Post by Spider Slay »

Can you post lines 1310 till 1314?

chukst3r

Post by chukst3r »

well...my parse error is around 1065 (im guessing we hav diff mods)

here is mine...thanks~

else 
   { 
      $user_points = ''; 
      $donate_points = ''; 
   } 
//start of display-items 
   $gsql = "select * from " . CONFIG_TABLE . " where config_name='viewtopic'"; 
   if ( !($gresult = $db->sql_query($gsql)) ) 
   { 
      message_die(CRITICAL_ERROR, 'ERROR: Getting Global Variables!'); 

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”