[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Master_D

Post by Master_D » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:58 pm

Hi I have a couple of questions to ask. I have installed this mod but I found 2 errors and I don't know how to fix them.
The first error is I can no longer log out. Every time I try, it says Invalid_session.
The second error is under the users Avatar by the word items. The word item is right beside your points; like points: 23Items.
I'm not very good at php and don't know where the source of the problem is.
My forum is located at http://members.lycos.co.uk/hyrulekingdo ... /index.php

Thank you (sorry for the spelling)

Markybear

Post by Markybear » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:11 am

I added the shop mod to my forums, everything is working, but two things in the effects shop.

When a member purchases a title and/or name color, they show up as boughten, but doesn't show the changes in members posts.

The glow and shadow when boughten works and does show up in the members posts, just NOT the title and name color's themselves.

I have followed all the instructions from what came with the mod. I uploaded and ran the install and upgrade files before uploading the actuall included and edited files. So I'm not sure what I did that is causing this to happen.

Any suggestions on fixing this problem would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

Typhlosion

Post by Typhlosion » Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:00 pm

I've installed the shop and it's working fine.. I think.

But I cannot test it. When I try to enable the Effect Shop, I get the message that there is an error in the custom title settings. This is because I've already installed a custom title from another mod. But what do I do now o_0?
Special_ K wrote:
adminviktor wrote:its simple really run the shop upgrades.

^ i did this now i have the

Privilege Settings

Buy Avatar Ability OffOn
Buy Signature Ability OffOn
Buy Titles Ability

Name Effects Settings
Buy Color OffOn
Buy Glow OffOn
Buy Shadow

but these ones are still blank
Title Effects Settings
Buy Title Color
Buy Title Glow
Buy Title Shadow

User-Custom Settings
Buy Custom Title
Change Username
Buy Other-User Title

are still blank^

and i get this err when i try and turn one on Error in Buy Custom User Title Settings any help

^ This error. It appears that is needs another mod for custom title than the one I've got. I don't plan on using it, so how do I remove the function?

..or change it to the other mod I'm using (This one) if possible? I'd prefer a fully-functional mod :roll:

HotSnoJ

Post by HotSnoJ » Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:54 am

Sorry I've just skimmed the thread here and I can't find a link to download this MOD. Could someone please post a link for me?
Code like the best, browse like the rest.

masterlogan

Post by masterlogan » Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:22 pm

Its on the very first post on the very first page of this topic.

HotSnoJ

Post by HotSnoJ » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:14 pm

masterlogan wrote: Its on the very first post on the very first page of this topic.

Thank you. 8) I wasn't sure if that was the latest version or not.
Code like the best, browse like the rest.

skum001

Post by skum001 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:43 pm

I can install the original part of the shop mod and it works but after update 1 i can no longer get it to work anymore. I am running phpbb 2.0.4. Will you update this mod so theres one clean guide compatible with 2.0.4 which installs all 3 parts.

This would be great :)

auron8785

Post by auron8785 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:53 pm

Sometimes i get a error when trying to purchase a item the error says something like this

fatel error getting item or finding protected shops
Live life to the fullest...
Dont forget who you are...
You'll never know until you walk in their shoes...

ffyinet

Post by ffyinet » Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:09 pm

argh!! I"m really not interested in going through 52 pages worth of posts!! I was wondering...did you ppl (specifically Zarath make public the newest shop mod, in that the items can be displayed on the posts, etc...the one that you have on your board right now?!?

ffyinet

jhaskins

Post by jhaskins » Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:00 pm

When will the next version of this be available (the one on your site)?

redg8r

Post by redg8r » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:41 am

Im having issues with the shop effect also, The admin side works flawlessly, users can pruchase effect, no problem, but the effects dont show in the forums:!:

BTW I'm using the default subSilver theme on 2.0.4 and both shop upgrades ran.

Any ideas??
Last edited by redg8r on Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

johny speed

Post by johny speed » Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:02 am

I have just installed this shop mod and in my admin shop section when I try to set up the speacial shop some of the text is missing in the drop down menus and when I try to set one up I get this error message- "Incorrect Setting for Shop Status" no matter what I change in that part I get the same message any help?

johny speed

Post by johny speed » Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:08 am

I have just found this bug also when I went to reply to a post:

( I am running 2.04 and I am on lycos hosting.)

Could not obtain post/user information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 2 ' at line 2

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, u.user_points, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid, u.user_items, FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 2 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 15

Line : 394
File : /data/members/free/tripod/uk/t/r/e/trekchat/htdocs/viewtopic.php

any fixes?

melindeth

Problem

Post by melindeth » Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:41 pm

Code: Select all

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, u.user_points, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid, u.user_items,
The problem appears to be the comma at the end:

pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid, u.user_items,

Something isn't working quite right.
Friends are like wedgies. They are intimately close. They know your inner-self. And it feels good when you pick out a good one!

m3kon

Post by m3kon » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:26 pm

Please can some one tell me if its possible to hide a certain shop from moderators and users, just so admins can see it, but all users can see other shops ?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”