[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Nuladion

Post by Nuladion »

InfernalSiC wrote: Heres the link

http://www.shiningforcecentral.com/forums/index.php

I know where hte forums are lol 8) I just couldnt get to it this morning! It just gave me an error page! But it works now ;)

Thanks for ur help anyway!

~ Nuladion

InfernalSiC

Post by InfernalSiC »

oo ok....

Forsaken

Post by Forsaken »

Partsking- Thanks for the link...helped tremendously.Image

But, it appears I've run into another problem.

Above, as I'm sure you all know, is a view of the Special Shop edit screen. Notice the circled areas. When I click on them, the fields appear empty, as such...

Did I make some error in the code?

Is there a way to fix this?

Is this not even a problem and I just dont know it?

If so, how do I set the avatar and title featues as purchasable items. And how do I set their price?

Someone please help me, 'cause I've gone round and round with this MOD and its getting tiresome. I just want it to work properly.

Thanks in advance.

Raddue

Post by Raddue »

I'm having the same problem as Forsaken. Help, pweease? :)
The Mighty Raddue has crossed this forum. Feel blessed.

Moogie

Post by Moogie »

If the drop-downs are empty, you didn't run the two upgrade files... do this, and it should all be fine :)

Nu: Not sure why you couldn't get in, I guess the server was down or my host may have been upgrading the forums (they want me to have a more recent version, for security)... I'll look into it. Shan't be doing much more work on the mods for a few days now anyway, too much sewing to do! ...and my bf has taken next week off work, so I'm thinking the 18th is probably the most likely time for release at the moment, unless anything else comes up. But, it's not forgotten :)
Moogie

Nuladion

Post by Nuladion »

Moogie wrote: If the drop-downs are empty, you didn't run the two upgrade files... do this, and it should all be fine :)

Nu: Not sure why you couldn't get in, I guess the server was down or my host may have been upgrading the forums (they want me to have a more recent version, for security)... I'll look into it. Shan't be doing much more work on the mods for a few days now anyway, too much sewing to do! ...and my bf has taken next week off work, so I'm thinking the 18th is probably the most likely time for release at the moment, unless anything else comes up. But, it's not forgotten :)

Good to hear you and Lee go along again!
And I'm still looking forward to the 18th! You think you got the graphical version ready by then, or only the standard version?

~ Nuladion

xavior2180

Post by xavior2180 »

Moogie wrote: If the drop-downs are empty, you didn't run the two upgrade files... do this, and it should all be fine :)

i'm working with forsaken on this. anyway.

we ran the upgrade files, and now whenever we try to edit an existing shop or try to add one, it goes right back to the store configuration page. any link or button on that page does the same thing.
"You don't have permission to access /$h17 on this server."

-Apache

dccb

Post by dccb »

I have some gun [ well, rather pictures of guns ] on sale for my forum. And one user suggested that the guns be usable items:

Each gun has a certain damage depending on the strength of the gun...

users who has the gun...can shoot whichever member. Once that member thas been shot lost all their life...they cannot post for 24 hours...
but the member that is doin the shooting...cannot shoot the same member twice within 24 hours... The member that is doin the shooting will lose x amount of points for every shot takin accordingly to their damage...

Is that something that [ Moogie ] could come up easily, because I would love to have something similar to that.

Moogie

Post by Moogie »

dccb wrote: I have some gun [ well, rather pictures of guns ] on sale for my forum. And one user suggested that the guns be usable items:

Each gun has a certain damage depending on the strength of the gun...

users who has the gun...can shoot whichever member. Once that member thas been shot lost all their life...they cannot post for 24 hours...
but the member that is doin the shooting...cannot shoot the same member twice within 24 hours... The member that is doin the shooting will lose x amount of points for every shot takin accordingly to their damage...

Is that something that [ Moogie ] could come up easily, because I would love to have something similar to that.

Making it do damage wouldn't be hard, but the rest of it would involve a lot of database modifications, not sure it's something I really fancy doing at this time, sorry :(
Moogie

Ahheron

Post by Ahheron »

http://www.metronome.ee:8080/forum/index.php
I have a problem with Shop.... shop admin doesn't work (or it's the install, I have reinstalled it 2 times), dropdown boxes etc. show up just fine, but it doesn't allow to change anything... Update is not working, can't create shops/edit etc. :?
Tried it with subBlack (default) and subSilver.... doesn't help either

Suede

Post by Suede »

Ahheron - do you get an error message? one thing off the top of my head to ask would be if your database uses phpbb_ as the table prefix?

Zarath

Post by Zarath »

Turn register globals on, in your php.ini file.

Zarath

SupremeWeapon

Post by SupremeWeapon »

Zarath wrote: Turn register globals on, in your php.ini file.

Zarath

doesnt work zarath. ive been trying to add this mod for a while and the same problem occurs.

Questions

Post by Questions »

OMG....

nothings working....
i have no clue how to set up the mystery chest or any of the mods moogie posted up....

i saved them and everything....saved and uploaded use_body.tpl....
saved and uploaded shop_give.php

that works...
but for some reason the mystery chest item is NOT a link to use...i have no clue whats going on....

hold on...here's a link
http://www.rpghouse.com/rpg_forum/shop_ ... ift%20Shop

UserName: Test
PW: test (dont abuse plz)

any help would be greatly appriciated!! thanks
I will Install MODs to your forum, or install a fresh phpBB 2.0.10 to your host for reasonable prices.
Contact me via AIM @: Gam LDub

(Please note: I use paypal as my money transaction, so before you contact me to do any work to your site, make sure you have one. Thank you.)

Suede

Post by Suede »

give test some points or put a ton of stuff in the Test inventory - its impossible to see if ya have 0 points and nothing to use ;-p

off hand my advice is go into your admin area and edit your items so that they are Capitalized - then the images will show. As well - the Mystery Chest will work most likely. The script is very Case SenSiTive - if you name a variable with caps, then the image as well as the scriptname must use the same naming convention.

That might actually fix most of what your seeing happen there.

Hope that helps.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”