[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zarath

[DEV] Item Shop

Post by Zarath »

Due to recent changes in our policy to not allow Non-DBAL Compliant MOD's to be listed here @phpBB, (see here for details) this thread is being locked down and all download links removed.

To the author of this MOD: Once/when/if you have completed the upgrade to use the phpBB DBAL, and your MOD conforms to all the standard MOD Template standards, please send me (AbelaJohnB) a PM for reviewing your updated code and further directions to continue the development of your MOD here @phpBB.Com

Thank You.
AbelaJohnB
phpBB MOD Team Leader
Last edited by Zarath on Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

KooL! Do you have a demo or screen shots? For a screen shot just load up your screen, hit print screen and then paste into an art program. :idea:
drift

Post by drift »

ol, I think someone who can create a mod knows what a screen shot is

says the man who doesn't check his links ;)
http://mx-system.com -> for latest downloads and information
krack

Post by krack »

hey man u sould let me beta we got a shitload of hacks already in so i wanna see that this works
http://www.warbugs.com
want some forum space for your online gaming clan ask us at warbugs

Zarath

Post by Zarath »

lol, that's the stupid webserver... my images are there, exactly how I labeled them... letme put them up on another server

urg, other server isn't working... and it's just the links, if you manually go there they work <ponder>

http://chaosmm.topcities.com/shop1.jpg

http://chaosmm.topcities.com/shop2.jpg
Hades

Post by Hades »

Just for reference (and because I'm curious) could you list all of the features of this item shop in the first post please?

I really wanna know what it can & can't do...

eg. Can the admin specify what items are available, upload images for those items and set all corresponding details?

Can items have associated actions on the forums (like granting access to a private forum, granting moderator privilages, etc)

Can some items that are made be not for sale, but instead the admin can give them out as "awards" (or in the case of functional items to moderators as noted above)

Just some of the stuff I was wondering :mrgreen:
Hades
Lord of the Underworld

Like roleplaying? Try BlastRPG Forums
Zarath

Post by Zarath »

Hades wrote: Just for reference (and because I'm curious) could you list all of the features of this item shop in the first post please?

I really wanna know what it can & can't do...

eg. Can the admin specify what items are available, upload images for those items and set all corresponding details?

Can items have associated actions on the forums (like granting access to a private forum, granting moderator privilages, etc)

Can some items that are made be not for sale, but instead the admin can give them out as "awards" (or in the case of functional items to moderators as noted above)

Just some of the stuff I was wondering :mrgreen:

Images goto /shop/images you can set whatever you like, it comes with no items so you have to supply them all yourself.

All the details can be specified by admin from a panel, there's multiple shops which can also be specified by admin including their restock time and type (doesn't really do anything).

ATM No, items can't give specific access to areas and they can't be made just for admin to give out, however I'm going to upgrade this to add stuff like that. I just wanted to release a shop that works and does the moderately basic stuff.

You also need the points mod installed if you want to use this shop as it works directly off its user row.

In view topic, the images shown for what people owned can be toggled on/off to prevent massive spam for people who own too much.

A link is also present on the viewtopic page to view a persons inventory.

Restocking shops can be toggled on/off

Buying can be forced to 1 item each, or multiple.

I think that's all the main functions for now.
Hades

Post by Hades »

Sounds really good, although not of much use in my situation at the moment.

I do have a few suggestions, that (if they get implemented) would be really good for me.

1. Allow admins to specify the currancy used (and give it out)
2. Allow admins to give permission to group moderators to give out money to their group.
3. Allow admins to give out items
4. Allow group moderators to give out items to their group

These would be really useful for my forums as I have people who run RPG games. I give them a forum and a usergroup and make them moderator of each. Then they run their game as GM.

This ability would be really good for them as it would allow them to view instantly what each player had got.

It would be even better if it could be linked to a generic character database in some way so that each character could have a seperate inventory, thus allowing on eplayer to enter multiple games without confusing the two set's of items.

Just some ideas.. watching this thread for more developments ;)
Hades
Lord of the Underworld

Zarath

Post by Zarath »

I'm welcoming suggestions/ideas/comments as long as they're not complete crap like "that mod sucks" etc.

The currency issues are already dealt with in the points mod, you can specify currency and give it out to your users. I don't plan on editting this just yet, however I may create a bank as no one else has made one of those yet either.

The different inventories for each area seems alot more difficult, creating an entire table for each section would probably be a waste for alot of bbs so I don't plan on implimenting this in the next version (possibly in the one after, if I run out of ideas ;)).

My current ideas for the next version are as follows:

->alot more links to make navigating the shop easier
->"special" shop (allows name changes, name effects, etc) (can be toggled on/off, name changed)
->specific requirements (requires other items to get items)
->access items (allows access to forum areas)
->edit useritems (add/remove/clear)
->item display in profiles
RMS

Post by RMS »

...so basically whatever shops you have, are they completely owned by the admins, or can another user be specified to be able to do the same?
This is my signature.
Hades

Post by Hades »

Zarath wrote: The different inventories for each area seems alot more difficult, creating an entire table for each section would probably be a waste for alot of bbs so I don't plan on implimenting this in the next version (possibly in the one after, if I run out of ideas ;)).

I think you misunderstood on this point.

I didn't mean a different inventory in each forum (or game in my case). What I was suggesting was a little more complex. ;)

My suggestion is that each "user" can have many "characters" (or aliases) and each one of these can have a seperate inventory. However they would only be able to edit these aliases. the initial setting up of the character would be done by the admin (or GM/group moderator/forum moderator) and each user could have no more characters than the number of user groups they are in minus one (so as not to include the "users" user group).

Also something that would be nice to aid this is the ability to specify that when the users posts in the forum for which the character/alias was created it would display the alias name rather than the username.

I have no idea how far you are planning to take this item shop, I'm just spouting ideas that would be useful for me :)
Hades
Lord of the Underworld

Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

that looks awesome zarath! let me know if you need any beta testers, id be happy to beta test it for you.
Zarath

Post by Zarath »

The shops can only be controlled by admins at the moment.

It's mainly for if you want to do something like, have a magic shop and an armor shop and a weapons shop and an items shop etc...
RMS

Post by RMS »

Ok good. :mrgreen:

...I look forward to this with great anticipation.
Good job so far. Keep it up :wink:
This is my signature.
thewizard

Post by thewizard »

anyone wishing to see this shope mod in action can stop by http://www.4077thbravo.com/zoids/index.php

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”