[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
RMS

Post by RMS » Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:18 pm

Hmm, I think that was the error I got the first time I tried installing it. Are you sure you're have the latest version and the upgrade? If so, then I have no idea...because mine was fixed in the code.

Anyway, I'm all for the bank mod so I really hope you do indeed decide to release it. At most, if someone doesn't want it, can't it just be disabled?

...however I'm not sure how you intend on making it. Well, I'll just go ahead and say what I imagine as a more or less, complete basic one...ok, maybe not so basic. It would have at least one bank, or maybe several with different owners that compete for buisiness or something. Then, you set an amount for total deposit from one person at a time, and a compound interest rate. Then you can also set a maximum amount that you can loan out and an interest rate for that, but by the default, it's either the maximum set or the most that people deposit. To be safe, you may just "create" some money and deposit it in yourself (as admin) so that there aren't going to be any immediate problems. So then it can work on an amortized loan or something.

However, to make it fun you can make it possible for the admin to create a list of things that can happen, both disasters and miracles. Where you simply create a thing that you can set a percentage chance of it happening, and what it will do. Say like you can create one with a 2%chance of happening which will decrease everyone's total invested money by 50% and have a message on the overview bank screen saying that the bank has been hit by robbers and it can't be recovered. Then another thing like the bank has been blessed by the gods :P and everyone gets twice the amount they had invested. Then if you have different banks, this creates incentive to deposit money into different ones, or give a larger variety of choice...because there might be one with an extremely low interest rate but is very safe from these disasters, while there's another one with a much higher one, but also very little security in it.

I assume that interest can be changed whenever, manually so then that can be done and it'll be displayed. Yet, if it is possible, it would be nice so that it still stores the previous amount, and then say it used to be 1.75% interest, it will then display 2% (+.25%) or something.

Also, for the shop, would it be possible to display on all shop screens where you can buy stuff, to also show your total amount of points you already have, before you make any purchases? :)
This is my signature.

Cygnusfear

Post by Cygnusfear » Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:59 pm

I think it's this easy:

Code: Select all

( Credits Available: " . $userdata['user_points'] . " )
Put it where you want it.. (or give me the part you want it in and I'll tell you what to add where)

Cheers,
Alex
Alexander Mangel ( http://lst.omniband.nu )
S q u a r e c a v i t y @ w a n a d o o . n l

RMS

Post by RMS » Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:01 pm

Oh thanks, I figured out how to do it. I'm just lazy and want it in the next update so I won't have to keep doing it.
This is my signature.

Cygnusfear

Post by Cygnusfear » Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:24 pm

Great :), sorry for not giving you a complete solution right away, but I've modded my shop, so I couldn't give you one...

Cheers,
Alex
Alexander Mangel ( http://lst.omniband.nu )
S q u a r e c a v i t y @ w a n a d o o . n l

Trel

Post by Trel » Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:27 pm

may I suggest that you allow admins to remove items gained throught the special effects shop. ex, namecolor and glow

RMS

Post by RMS » Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:38 pm

...well, if you don't like it why don't you just not use it?
This is my signature.

IceMan_35

Post by IceMan_35 » Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:40 pm

I am getting this error when I want to add a rank:

Couldn't update/insert into ranks table

I have disabled the shop rank. Also in my point system, it is disabled but I still get this error.

Can you help please.[/code]

L0cke

Post by L0cke » Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:30 pm

I just want it to say "No items in user inventory." :cry:

baselineace

Post by baselineace » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:05 pm

Can someone post the manual addition to the SQL database because I get errors.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:38 pm

What was the problem with the search thing?

The shop mod will have gil and a link to your inventory in the next update.

I dunno why the shop is erroring, if you followed the install.txt file properly, ran the shop_install.php file again it should all be fine.

The bank mod-- I hadn't planned on making that detailed, just a single bank that can have the interest, withdrawal fees & interest time rate set by the admin. I only want to spend a day on this.

RMS

Post by RMS » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:44 pm

Oh hmm, ok. THat's good too:)
This is my signature.

L0cke

Post by L0cke » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:50 pm

How hard would it be to display the cost of the items in the user's inventory?

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:01 pm

Not hard for me, but hard for people who aren't experienced with PHP, the shop listings don't make any call to ge the user's details until it goes into the shop info. You would need to add at least 2 more database calls then display it.

JuggleNuts

Post by JuggleNuts » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:26 pm

baselineace wrote: Can someone post the manual addition to the SQL database because I get errors.

Here yar be:

insert into phpbb_config values ('viewprofile', 'images')

insert into phpbb_config values ('viewinventory', 'grouped')

insert into phpbb_config values ('specialshop', 'ßstoreÞdisabledßnameÞEffects StoreßoffÞ1ßoffÞ1ßoffÞ1ßoffÞ1ßoffÞ1ßoffÞ1')

alter table phpbb_users add `user_effects` CHAR (255)

alter table phpbb_users add `user_privs` CHAR (255)

L0cke

Post by L0cke » Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:17 am

Well can someone tell me how to do this..
If cost was in the inventory (so users could brag about how much they spent) and itd say "no items in inventory" if you displayed images on viewtopic, it'd be the best ever. :P

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”