[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
kegz51

Post by kegz51 » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:30 pm

Just a quick qeustion would it be possible to add a thing where you can invest your points in a stock market. Or is that too elaborate?

rizzah00

Post by rizzah00 » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:47 pm

kegz51 wrote: Just a quick qeustion would it be possible to add a thing where you can invest your points in a stock market. Or is that too elaborate?

what does that have to do with an item shop? post this somewhere else

kegz51

Post by kegz51 » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:54 pm

It has everything to do with the shop. The stock market in the real world is based on consumers buying and selliong. what if each of the products were like stocks in their own rite. IDK it'd be cool tho.

younghistorians

Post by younghistorians » Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:00 pm

no, i think it would be better to have stock in different groups forsay, like a technology group and food, etc.

Ive started to make a script that ties together the:
points mod
this one
bank mod
games

It will be a community MOD. based on points.

baselineace

Post by baselineace » Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:46 pm

I run a tennis web site.

What should I sell in my store?

baselineace

Post by baselineace » Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:53 pm

Zarath wrote: You have to enable them to be able to link their avatar. The avatar ability just allows it to be viewed in viewtopic.

Expand on that please.

Trel

Post by Trel » Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:09 pm

baselineace wrote: I run a tennis web site.

What should I sell in my store?

tennis shoes,
athlete foot spray
tennis balls
tickets to see Anna Kournakova play tennis

xmulder

Post by xmulder » Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:19 pm

Ok i have the mod up and running (minus pictures and items in shop ^.^) and so far i like it but im not sure which Points mod i should you as fom initial searches of the forum i find several - also is it possiable to award users with special items that cant be bought in the shops, give users more money and money per post.

Thanks very much for your time and a great mod that i hope to see expand nicely in the future ^.^ (stuff on the updates bit i mean)

<<<<EDIT - i read all of this thread and have found the points mod - sorry to double post>>>>

<<-Mully->>

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:48 am

pollix wrote: Zarath.. I mentioned this at your site and just checking to see if you have had a chance to look at it.

In the store to buy a username color change, this doesn't work. All it does is change the username from bold black, to a normal color of black. It does not change the color.

The shadow and glow effects work fine.

I figured I would type this here instead of your site. :wink:
\

The only thing that would do this is if you had some other code in your viewtopic.php file changing the $poster_name variable to include some <font color="xxxx"> code. Unfrotunately that would override any colors you buy because it's probably placed in the variable before my code is. You'll have to remove this yourself.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:50 am

xmulder wrote: Ok i have the mod up and running (minus pictures and items in shop ^.^) and so far i like it but im not sure which Points mod i should you as fom initial searches of the forum i find several - also is it possiable to award users with special items that cant be bought in the shops, give users more money and money per post.

Thanks very much for your time and a great mod that i hope to see expand nicely in the future ^.^ (stuff on the updates bit i mean)

<<<<EDIT - i read all of this thread and have found the points mod - sorry to double post>>>>

<<-Mully->>

Read the FAQs that came with the shop and shop update please.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:53 am

mrtaz4u wrote:
Zarath wrote:
mrtaz4u wrote:after installing the update i see this

http://www.blackladies4blackmen.com/php ... editor.gif
http://www.blackladies4blackmen.com/php ... ditor1.gif

it wont let me select profile display, inventory type, privilege settings, name effect settings.... as u can see in the pictures

please help

The only thing that would do that is if the shop_install.php file didn't run properly... do it again, it should just error and say fields already exist if it worked before.

it told me fields already exist.

I don't know then sorry, you could try reinstalling your backup (hopefully you did backup) then reinstalling the shop.

baselineace

Post by baselineace » Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:06 am

Screwed something up...accidently posted the commands...:) [in viewtopic]
Last edited by baselineace on Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:46 am

Please edit that file and remove the code. I already said not to post files on this thread 3 times.

For the people having trouble with null fields in the update, I repackaged and reuploaded the upgrade.zip http://www.auzdev.com/chaos/private/sho ... pdate1.php with a file called "reset.php" run this file and see if it fixes it.

baselineace

Post by baselineace » Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:48 am

Zarath wrote: Please edit that file and remove the code. I already said not to post files on this thread 3 times.

For the people having trouble with null fields in the update, I repackaged and reuploaded the upgrade.zip http://www.auzdev.com/chaos/private/sho ... pdate1.php with a file called "reset.php" run this file and see if it fixes it.

Remove what code?

Trel

Post by Trel » Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:56 am

you posted a long post containing a large potrtion of viewtopic

remove the code from the post

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”