[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
RMS

Post by RMS »

baselineace wrote: On my site the Items and the Points appear on the same line as eachother in viewtopic. I believe I may have done something wrong?

If you want the items to be underneath the points and donate thing above, then what you need to do is place the shop items code after that of the points. Then, just seperate it, by entering a <br /> between them, and it should be fine.

...now I have my own question. Ok ok, this may sound quite silly but I'm having trouble entering items with names which is seperate by a space, like "Pepperoni Pizza". No matter if I already have a file in my directory called that, with a jpg or gif extension it keeps giving me a red x. Whether with just a space or a %20 to create it, it always gives me the same exact file name I already had with gif like "pepperoni%20pizza.gif" and even if I have a file called exactly that it still doesn't work.
...I'm confused as to what I should do :?
This is my signature.

tuck

:)

Post by tuck »

Just a correction, Peperoni not Pepperoni :)

RMS

Post by RMS »

Ah whatever. Same problem exists :P
Thanks for letting me know.
This is my signature.

tuck

Hy again

Post by tuck »

did you checked if you missed a capital letters maybe?

RMS

Post by RMS »

...well it seems that my server isn't case sensitive or something in that for my items with just one word names, they work either way. However, put in lowercase, they're automatically capitalized, so I just check the properties of the pic that was supposed to be, and just named my file the same thing so it matches...but apparently it doesn't?
This is my signature.

tuck

For me

Post by tuck »

it works, but of course if I write an "l" while the image is "L" it does not work; anyway, I had the same problem (at least I think), because I was sure to write a capital L while it seemed to get a normla l, so I write it again and this time it worked

RMS

Post by RMS »

...what file name did you save it as?
This is my signature.

srekal86

Post by srekal86 »

my forum has been up for quite a while now and some people have 1,000 plus posts, if i add this mod now will they not get any extra gold if they have alot of prevous posts? If so does it count the topics/post or just posts?

edit: btw, on my forum im going to *try*, hopefully this works and have all the items be diablo 2 items, so the more people the better items they can get, then they can contact me on bnet and i will give them the item, so everything isnt fake at all and i think its more useful this way, also i'll make the name changes really expesnive so the people who dont have d2 can sell their items and save up for the name changes, great job the with mod btw

DNA

Post by DNA »

RMS wrote: ...what file name did you save it as?

Why don'y you change the name, for example from
Pizza ai peperoni
to
Pizza_ai_peperoni

RMS

Post by RMS »

...because I would rather not, if I could do it without the underscore.
Anyway, I have it fixed. Thanks for the help. :)
It seems I was just being stupid...nothing wrong with the shop :P
This is my signature.

Trel

Post by Trel »

baselineace wrote: On my site the Items and the Points appear on the same line as eachother in viewtopic. I believe I may have done something wrong?

in the template, add <br /> where you want the new line.

henry_s

Post by henry_s »

I know it's been mentioned before, but Zarath, can you PLEASE release a version where the 's doesn't crop up annoying "CRITICAL ERROR!" messages. I can see 's's ( :roll:) in the description of some of your items. So I guess it will be fixed in the next release :wink: ?[/b]

xmulder

Post by xmulder »

All up and running nicely - tahnkyou so much for such a great mod zarath. Best mod i have EVER used/seen ^.^

Only one prob is that the "Items" link appears directly to the left of my avatar so i tried to find the setting for it in viewtopic.php and it just scared me =/ someone please help a lost scared php noob this christmas.....
<<-Mully->>

Trel

Post by Trel »

xmulder wrote: All up and running nicely - tahnkyou so much for such a great mod zarath. Best mod i have EVER used/seen ^.^

Only one prob is that the "Items" link appears directly to the left of my avatar so i tried to find the setting for it in viewtopic.php and it just scared me =/ someone please help a lost scared php noob this christmas.....
<<-Mully->>

look in viewtopic_body.tpl not viewtopic.php

xmulder

Post by xmulder »

Trel wrote:
xmulder wrote:All up and running nicely - tahnkyou so much for such a great mod zarath. Best mod i have EVER used/seen ^.^

<<-Mully->>

look in viewtopic_body.tpl not viewtopic.php

Well i guess that could be a good reason why i cant find it ^.^ Also i have noticed that on the rpofile page the "Points" and "Items" bits appear next to the "Interests" bit instead of below it - how can i fix this? Also on each post the "Previous Post" link is displayed as "< a href="viewtopic.php?t=19&view=previous" class="nav">Last Thread" instead of a propper link - how can i fix this?

Tahnks in advance for your help and thanks for p[ointing out my obvious mistake trel ^.^

<<-Mully->>

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”