[DEV] Item Shop

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zarath

Post by Zarath »

If I updated my first post, how would people who click on the 3rd page know when I post new stuff?

There should be no problems installing it, everyone I've spoken to about it has said it's taken them under 5minutes. I made it as self-contained as possible.

My current plans for upgrades are as follows;
01. alot more links to make navigating the shop easier
02. edit useritems (add/remove/clear)
03. special shop (allows name changes, name effects, etc)
04. item display in profiles (togglable from admin like in viewtopic)
05. updated inventories, shows amount next to items insted of repeating items
06. current gil & link to inventory from top of shop
07. shop information (total items sold, total amount earned, total uptime)
08. new field for image names
09. specific requirements (requires other items to get items)
10. access items

Soon as my friend's webserver goes back up I'll begin building.

10 major updates/features added per release is my current goal. If I think it needs something major then I'll make an acception.

Other suggestions for future updates are;
->sound played when item purchased
->trading/selling items with other users
->auctioning
->shop pictures (EG. Aurons Armor Shop with a picture of Auron)
->fusion ability (will allow you to fuse two items into 1 item, decided by admin)
->store restrictions, require items/usergroup
Zarath

Post by Zarath »

The itemshop icon is just an added thing, it's not actually installed anywhere. If you want to add it to the link you'll have to do that yourself (sorry for any novices).

The images are generally caps sensitive, so if your item is named moogle the image must be named moogle.gif or moogle.jpg if it's Moogle, then the image must be Moogle.gif or Moogle.jpg.
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

oh....my....god, this thing rules!
keep up the great work zarath
RMS

Post by RMS »

Hmm hehe, I think I screwed up big time.
I followed all the instructions but it didn't quite work out right. I can't seem to be able to get the link to show in the header, but when I try to visit shop.php manually it gives me a php error about not being able to retrieve shop items or something. Then in viewtopic, it doesn't matter whether I choose images or links, always below each guy's name and stuff, there's a messed up link that displays something like "RMS">Items" for them all. Then when I click on the link, it always tells me me there's no such user.
It seems that the only thing that currently works for me is the ACP config options.
I'm very prone to making mistakes, so if you can, could you please give me some hints on how to fix this? :?
Last edited by RMS on Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is my signature.
Zarath

Post by Zarath »

RMS wrote: Hmm hehe, I think I screwed up big time.
I followed all the instructions but it didn't quite work out right. I can't seem to be able to get the link to show in the header, but when I try to visit shop.php manually it gives me a php error about not being able to retrieve shop items or something. Then in viewtopic, it doesn't matter whether I choose images or links, always below each guy's name and stuff, there's a messed up link that displays something like "RMS">Items[/]i" for them all. Then when I click on the link, it always tells me me there's no such user.
It seems that the only thing that currently works for me is the ACP config options.
I'm very prone to making mistakes, so if you can, could you please give me some hints on how to fix this? :?

Lol, that sounds horrible... can you pm me your aim/icq/messanger name and I'll try help you fix it.
RMS

Post by RMS »

done.
This is my signature.
Zarath

Post by Zarath »

There's an error in the shop restocking code that causes the shop.php file not to work. So if you use this mod, disable shop restocking if you want it to not error. I'll work on fixing this soon as my forums come back up (before the next version) and post once I fix the problems. Sorry.
Ghyste

Post by Ghyste »

I found out why my images where not showing up
in your FAQ you called the file store
I had to call the folder shop
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

Thanks for the warning, luckily i had it off anyways

Heres my suggestions for future versions of it

-navigation like the forums use, Forum Index -> Item Shop -> Shop1 List
at the top
-maybe just do away with shop list link and have the shop name link to the list?
-add an item pic in the site list (you could have small pic in the site list and a bigger pic of the same item in the more info part)
-"Items" link in the user's profile (like the points link is)

Thats all i can think of now for any future version you might be planning. Keep up the good work
Zarath

Post by Zarath »

A couple of those were already listed in the updates post I made :P

On another note, I repackaged and uploaded the .zip again. I fixed the faq question that said store ;P

Also, if your default phpbb tables aren't phpbb_* the previous shop.php will error. The new one is fixed so it will accept whatever you made the tables called.
RMS

Post by RMS »

No more problems, thanks for Zarath!
You're da man! :mrgreen:

...time to create items now 8)
This is my signature.
Zarath

Post by Zarath »

Repackaged and uploaded again, fixed a problem with renaming items & fixed all the phpbb_ table thingies in the admin panel too. (all in admin_shop.php)
Questions

Post by Questions »

hey....
for the items...if we dont wanna do an RPG Item Store...

can we do it like to buy special name graphics..
avatars n stuff etc. etc..dont feel like typing?

or does it have'f tobe an RPG store?
I will Install MODs to your forum, or install a fresh phpBB 2.0.10 to your host for reasonable prices.
Contact me via AIM @: Gam LDub

(Please note: I use paypal as my money transaction, so before you contact me to do any work to your site, make sure you have one. Thank you.)
Zarath

Post by Zarath »

I'm sure someone could figure a use for it besides RPG stores, but atm that's basically all it does. I will be expanding it (you must not have read all my posts) :P
Questions

Post by Questions »

:wink: :roll:

its a really cool mod though...
sorry for askin but had to..LOL

im going to be one of the ones who can turn it into another thing besides an RPG Store..lmao...
thanks man...

p'c
MiKe
I will Install MODs to your forum, or install a fresh phpBB 2.0.10 to your host for reasonable prices.
Contact me via AIM @: Gam LDub

(Please note: I use paypal as my money transaction, so before you contact me to do any work to your site, make sure you have one. Thank you.)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”