[BETA] Bank

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zarath

Post by Zarath » Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:25 pm

<shake> The bank is out of my hands, as long as you don't go removing all my copyright stuff from the files you can edit and release it how you like :P

LaZeR

Post by LaZeR » Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:30 pm

Zarath wrote: <shake> The bank is out of my hands, as long as you don't go removing all my copyright stuff from the files you can edit and release it how you like :P

:wink: Ok, I may or may not further develop it. The one real feature I desire as does pollix is a "Loan system" but this may be very tricky to code. Whatever the case, I assure you anything I add/change or develop, your copyright and credit will remain! Great work again on this and many thanks for providing it to us all!

lovecraft

Post by lovecraft » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:58 pm

I'm in the process of converting Zarath's mod to comply with phpBB standards, by moving all strings to the language files and moving all the HTML out of the php files and into new templates. This is a bit of work since all strings were hardcoded in the code and templates were not real templates. I'm done with the ACP part, and I'll start with the user interface tomorrow. When it's done, I will upload it here, it will not have any new functionality yet. After that I'll start with the loans part, it would be nice if LaZer want to work with me with this.
Ale Lovecraft

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:44 pm

lovecraft wrote: I'm in the process of converting Zarath's mod to comply with phpBB standards, by moving all strings to the language files and moving all the HTML out of the php files and into new templates. This is a bit of work since all strings were hardcoded in the code and templates were not real templates. I'm done with the ACP part, and I'll start with the user interface tomorrow. When it's done, I will upload it here, it will not have any new functionality yet. After that I'll start with the loans part, it would be nice if LaZer want to work with me with this.

lol, pfft@standards. The mod works perfectly and probably better than it would in "standards". Having to call variables from the language file is a waste of time when you can just directly put them in.

And if you're finding this hard, I wouldn't recommend trying it on the shop mod :X

LaZeR

Post by LaZeR » Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:44 pm

lovecraft wrote: I'm in the process of converting Zarath's mod to comply with phpBB standards,...<snip> After that I'll start with the loans part, it would be nice if LaZer want to work with me with this.

About the conversion to phpBB standards, sounds like another good idea if you want to get it validated possibly but as Zarath said, I'm pleased with the way it runs now plus I probably don't have the patience myself to do any work on this part BUT with that said, if you need help or testing with the "Loans" feature, I may be able to help out and I know pollix would likely be interested since he already made some progress on loans. :wink:

lovecraft

Post by lovecraft » Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:17 pm

I agree that using variable replacing and templates will add an overhead to the mod, and of course works quite well now, but I'm thinking about all the people who has phpBB boards which not in english (me, for instance). Unless those people are proficient in php they would not be able to translate the mod to their languages.
Also people with heavy modified themes would benefit from standarized templates.

But, Zarath, if you don't want your code to be modified this way (of course your credits will be there), please say so, and I will not continue with it, no offense.
Ale Lovecraft

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:03 am

lovecraft wrote: I agree that using variable replacing and templates will add an overhead to the mod, and of course works quite well now, but I'm thinking about all the people who has phpBB boards which not in english (me, for instance). Unless those people are proficient in php they would not be able to translate the mod to their languages.
Also people with heavy modified themes would benefit from standarized templates.

But, Zarath, if you don't want your code to be modified this way (of course your credits will be there), please say so, and I will not continue with it, no offense.

Ahh, I never thought about translating it to other languages, so you're right. Thanks, and no that's fine, I don't mind you converting it as long as you don't remove my copyright stuff ;P

Dalgar

Post by Dalgar » Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:43 am

I have a question on this mod. How does the interest work, is it 2% or whatever yearly or what is the time frame for this 2%.

Er, or is this what that one field was for that I didn't pay any attention too.

Hmm, Can someone please explain the entire interest system :)

Thanks!
The Early Bird May Get The Worm But The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

Dalgar

Post by Dalgar » Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:44 am

double post, please delete this

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:26 am

Dalgar wrote: I have a question on this mod. How does the interest work, is it 2% or whatever yearly or what is the time frame for this 2%.

Er, or is this what that one field was for that I didn't pay any attention too.

Hmm, Can someone please explain the entire interest system :)

Thanks!

That's the field you didn't pay attention to. Interest payout in seconds.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:27 am

Stupid board, double post because of that email error.

Dalgar

Post by Dalgar » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:45 pm

What? I wanna know if I have say 100 points, how long will it take to get to 110 points, if my interest rate is say 5%. Is that editable through that field? If thats what that field is then I should be getting the 110 points in under 15 minutes :?

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:05 pm

The way it -has- to work is by visits to the page. For the interest to be given out someone must visit the bank. This is because of php. I could use a timer, which has a special function that I forget the name of, but you need root access to your webserver which I'm sure alot of you don't have.

So if you have it set to 15minutes, visit the bank page once, then visit it again in 15mins and you'll have 110 gold.

thewizard

Post by thewizard » Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:26 pm

what if i visit the bank agiain in 30 mins?

LaZeR

Post by LaZeR » Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:26 pm

I think what he's trying to say is the trigger to calculate or tabulate whatever time setting (in seconds) you have set in the admin is done upon a page hit to bank.php, so I would assume if you have it to award the interest at 15 min. intervals then at 30 min.s it would calculate the totals for 2 interest periods according to your set % rate.

Personally I have mine set to the equiv. of 24 hours (daily) OR 86400 seconds.

On another note, if you have done my modifications I described on page #3 of this thread to show bank transactions: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=46 , here is a little additional code that will add a link within the bank to view the transactions:

File: bank_body.tpl

FIND:
<br clear="all" />

BEFORE, ADD:
<br />
<a href="{U_TRANSACTION}" class="nav">{L_TRANSACTION}</a>

:?: Is something changed on this board, I had to use the Quote function in place of Code to properly show the above :?:

Example:

Code: Select all

<br	clear="all" />
8O I don't remember this acting this way before today.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”