[DEV]CommunityBB

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Aeral

Post by Aeral » Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:21 am

Lol having no water can be quite serious you know! :lol:
I could die without water!
But the drought is nearly broken because we had huge rains over the last 2 weeks.

How can snowstorms stop you working on the computer?
Keep up the great work!
~Aeral

tHe LiNk

Post by tHe LiNk » Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:07 am

Hey dude, what percentage are you up to at the moment? I don't know how much longer i can hold back my impatient users :P

younghistorians

Post by younghistorians » Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:12 pm

LOL..

sorry, im only at about 25%. There is a ton to do for this!:)

scoobie

Post by scoobie » Thu Mar 20, 2003 7:38 pm

Hows this progressing

any expected releases dates younghistorian?

I'm very interested in the stock/shares and auctions more than anything else.

good work - keep your head up, work hard and please get it done quickly :P *ohh the cheek*
You can have it all if you like... but you can pay for it the rest of your life.

younghistorians

Post by younghistorians » Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:40 pm

*covers ears, then pulls out blast shield*

Taking a poll: Would anybody actually pay for this if I charged $5 for a full copy, plus lifetime support and updates?

Also, Im still working on this. Would people prefer that I release each feature seperatly, or have it all released at once? Im inclined to have it all released at once. That way, everything will stay pretty clean and simple, including the admin panels;)

thanks all, let me know about all this above.

p.s. would anybody provide 20 MB of server space for me to develop this on? Im out with my hosting. I will need very little bandwidth, FTP, and thats about it.

Aeral

Post by Aeral » Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:36 am

Hmm... I'm not going to pay the five dollars... but I'll see what i can do with the hosting... maybe that way i will not have to pay... :lol: :lol: :lol:

give me a couple of days...
I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

younghistorians

Post by younghistorians » Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:35 pm

ok, get back to me. About the money, Im just trying to see if someone will pay because ive already put around 6 hours into this project, and its going to be a long haul!

Dalgar

Post by Dalgar » Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:44 pm

3 months / 6 hours

2 hours a month

You work on it about once every 2 weeks 8)
The Early Bird May Get The Worm But The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

younghistorians

Post by younghistorians » Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:35 pm

Thats all I have been able to do with school. But ive got a week left of spring break, so ill get cracking now:)

jvini

Post by jvini » Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:57 pm

I'd be willing to pay $5 if you released the auctions seperately...but I don't think you should charge. There are some great mods out there that are 100% free. If you are looking to make money, developing a mod is not the way to go!

younghistorians

Post by younghistorians » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:27 am

ok, thanks for the input. Like I said, i will release all the mods as individual ones, but beware, they cannot be tied together to work as one big community mod.

younghistorians

Post by younghistorians » Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:27 am

oh, also, i cannot procede on this mod until i find a host for it. i dont have any space left on mine.

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Re: [DEV]BBCommunity

Post by Nuttzy99 » Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:41 am

younghistorians wrote: *Item Shop
*Bank MOD
*RPG MOD
*Character MOD
*Forum AI(as a chat thing)
*RPG Battle
*Item Auctions
*Community News/Weather
*Tetris and other games MADE IN FLASH!
*Pet MOD

You contacted me, so I have a word of advice. Creating all these MODs would take a solid year of dedicated work. Maybe if you are a student and have the summer off and work on it like 8 hours per day you will get it done over the summer.

Better to work on them one by one with the thought of integration later. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time ;) The very best thing to do is not tell anyone you are working on something until you actually have at least an alpha. The chorus of "when? when?" never goes away :roll:

That's why I've not even told anyone about my mostly completed phpBBCMS project :P But of course that is on the shelf now (next to NutPort, phpBBauction, and CatDB, and all my others) as I'm slugging though EasyMOD again. On every thread you will see "when? when?" and it creates needless pressure for me. The best thing you can do is say "I'm backing off on this a bit, although it remains my master plan. I'm currently working on X MOD which fits into the grand scheme. I'll make a new post about X when I have it at least alpha ready. For now leave me a lone so I can code ;)"

Don't forget that every second you spend reading forum posts is time you aren't coding ;) I have no idea how psoTFX is on the boards all the time, shaping the community, and churning out spectacular code. He must be unemployed :lol: j/k I have tremendous respect for our lead developer ;)

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!

younghistorians

Post by younghistorians » Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:15 pm

thanks for the comments. Ive been thinking, I will develop each of these one at a time. I was going to do it as one whole so they could have a master admin panel for the whole community, but now I'm going to release each one when i finish.

Hint: Im either going to release the auction or pets first;)

scoobie

Post by scoobie » Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:44 pm

well said nuttzy

take it easy... one at a time will make things seem more progressive for those waiting on your hard work.

on a side note... please be the auctions mod first ;-)
You can have it all if you like... but you can pay for it the rest of your life.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”