[BETA] Testing - Static URL & SpiderNoSid & AntiSpam

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
triuna

Post by triuna » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:43 pm

Hearing a success is indeed an encouragement! :P
I've been having problems with my forum after installing this mod. Usually a link will be displayed as http://...viewforum.php?f=5 but I keep getting http://...viewforum.php/f=5 instead and the page will not be accessible. It does work if I substitute the / with ? manually on the address bar. Can anyone kind enough to help me on this? Has it got anything to do with the .htaccess file? I did it accordingly to the mod's install text. Thanks in advance!

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:30 pm

I'll be the first to admit regex is not my strong point. I understand what it's used for but I'm not good at them.

More or less there is a regex that makes all your url's into short url's and then there is a second one used by mod_rewrite to turn it backinto something usable by phpbb. KNow what is happening is that one of the sets of regex's is not interpreting the links correctly. I had this same problem but I did not like the regex's he was using anyway so I found another set of them to achive what I wanted. Niether one work 100% correct yet however I will need to work on it a little first.

triuna

Post by triuna » Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:41 pm

webmedic wrote: I'll be the first to admit regex is not my strong point. I understand what it's used for but I'm not good at them.

More or less there is a regex that makes all your url's into short url's and then there is a second one used by mod_rewrite to turn it backinto something usable by phpbb. KNow what is happening is that one of the sets of regex's is not interpreting the links correctly. I had this same problem but I did not like the regex's he was using anyway so I found another set of them to achive what I wanted. Niether one work 100% correct yet however I will need to work on it a little first.

Cool! I'll be very interested to know of the outcome and do keep me updated on that. Personally, I'm only good at cut & paste and getting hallucinations from all that Starbucks poison... :D

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:22 pm

cant say I'm a cut n past master I am a core dev for postnuke though. I was just looking for something a little different and came over here to check things out.

vze3k59w

Post by vze3k59w » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:43 pm

hello! i would like to know if this mod makes it so i can have this:

phpbb root: /forums

main site: index.php

links on index.php read like this:http://xxxxxxxxx.com/forums/profile.php ... rofile&u=2

i would like it so it would be in standard form... how would i do this?
Wanna join a very advanced OO based modular port of phpBB? PM me :)

uhwebs

Post by uhwebs » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:38 pm

Hi,

I would like to modify my forum so it will have pages that are static-- searchable for Google etc.

How do I do this? It looks like this mod is in development... does that mean it isn't safe for me to install yet?
Is there another mod out there that will do this (make pages Google-friendly)? I can't seem to find it, I have searched through the Mod pages...

Thanks.

phantomk
Name: Daniel Lee

Post by phantomk » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:47 pm

/me points out the last active post was in August of 2003, just about 2 years ago :)

uhwebs

Post by uhwebs » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:39 pm

Thanks, but does anyone know if there is such a mod? If a mod exists that will make your pages static?

phantomk
Name: Daniel Lee

Post by phantomk » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:38 am

Thier is a mod that does something similar, but the pages aren't "static". They just use url's to fool spiders into thinking they are static. You can visit the following link for more info.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/about15132.html

-PK

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:03 am

yes since this time I have also developed my own solution which works better than the other one listed above. I might also add that I'm going to have another version out shortly with even more features.

The corrent list of mods to seo your phpbb can be found here:

http://www.webmedic.net/seo-toolkit-for-phpbb-vf47.html

I think by the links you will get the idea of what it can do for you. I have also many other mods that can be used with it to add other features and increase you traffic even more.

kulinar

Post by kulinar » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:21 am

uhwebs wrote: Thanks, but does anyone know if there is such a mod? If a mod exists that will make your pages static?
I use GoogleBB Link Enhancement and I am pretty pleased with it.

If you want to use url keyword, than your choice should be Webmedic's MOD.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”