[ABD] Slashdot Style News Posting By CMX - 2.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
illadelph

Post by illadelph »

cscgal wrote: I would double check to make sure that all of your files are edited correctly, and you didn't screw up somewhere. Also, if you have phpMyAdmin installed, browse your phpBB_topics table (or whatever yours is called). Find the topic you're trying to convert to news and set news_id equal to 1. (if it isn't already).

Then, go to viewnews.php and see if it shows up. If it does, you at least know it's being fetched correctly. Double check all the changes you made to posting.php. Also, check out codemonkeyx's previous post about the misplacement of the }.

Good luck!!

i changed the news id and news showed up but seems like i always have to do this to make the news appear eg i have a ategory called apache when i make the post in the forums i get to choose the news category in the drop down menu post it but no news appears in the news page , now if i change the id number in phpmyadmin the news pops up oon the viewnews.php page does anyone know of a way to avoid logging on to phpmyadmin all the time and execute some sql to code to fix this ???

eXa

Post by eXa »

hi guys...i just installed Minerva Portal. it comes with Slahshdot news. the news are enabled but i ont know where do i post them.

webmedic

Post by webmedic »

actually the new minerva portal uses importal but that doesn't really matter. as importal also used slashnews.

Goto your forum and there should be a drop down box for which news catagory you want that post to be asigned to. THen it will show up on your portal.php.

If you dont see this then goto admin->news and add some news catagories.

vze3k59w

Post by vze3k59w »

webmedic, no. Minerva uses /. The singular only thing minerva has ever used from masterdavid is his block system. Even that has been modded and is only used in Minerva R3, that guy's minerva is prolly R2 thus does not have a shred of david's code. ;)
Wanna join a very advanced OO based modular port of phpBB? PM me :)

Enki

Post by Enki »

NativeMind wrote: Horizontal scrolling = bad, m'kay?

You could do some simple javascript marquee style thing I suppose, of if you just wanted to limit it to a couple postings, you could modify the template....

One possible solution is a horizontal list, nice and clean with CSS

I have a heavy stylized port of this mod (using mx-system) on one of my sites gortbusters

why is horozontal bad...
I hate doing traditional!
It time to be original!

maxJackal

Post by maxJackal »

Enki

Post by Enki »

You know what, I had succesfully made it.

www.raiku.net

so has this dude too...

www.bastardanime.com

Blisk

Post by Blisk »

I have a problem with this MOD.

my portal when showes news, showes only a topic and read more, when I setup trim in ACP to whatewer number.
But when I setup this number to 0, than I get whole news on portal, that I don't want, I want a part of news and than read more.

And it is possible to adjust MOD for more things, to have whole topic for news not just the one selected in new post to be news. To have both.

And it is possible to add an Arcihe of news on top of index page with titles of news, where are for example 5 latest news and a button for all posted news.

sublime1

Post by sublime1 »

I've been using CMX News for quite a while now, with different versions of phpBB, and everything has worked just fine until I recently upgraded to phpBB 2.0.10. The old news-posts still show up as news, and everything looks good when posting a new news-thread (it lets me choose category etc), but after posting it's just a regular thread. Not marked as news, and it doesn't show up on the news page.

Any ideas?

Blisk

Post by Blisk »

When you post a new news thread, you must select a post like news, than you see it on news page

sublime1

Post by sublime1 »

Blisk wrote: When you post a new news thread, you must select a post like news, than you see it on news page

Heh. Like I said, I've been using it for quite a while, which means I should know how to use it, eh? ;)

Anyway... I fixed the problem. Apparantly I must've overlooked a small piece of news-code when I upgraded the forum. I changed the $params = array(...); section in posting.php (around line 32-33 for anyone wondering) with the 2.0.10 version, and overlooked the 'news_category' => 'news_category' part. After readding it everything works fine. :)

iLLeTYuS

Post by iLLeTYuS »

ı make this mod but ı want to see the news in my portal.. ı use ezportal..which mod ı must make for that ? help me pls

Blisk

Post by Blisk »

You can install NEWS mod or a CMX NEWS mod.

iLLeTYuS

Post by iLLeTYuS »

ı install this mod

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cmx- ... p?download

but ı want to seem the news on portal..how can ı do ?

iLLeTYuS

Post by iLLeTYuS »

help me pls

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”