[BETA] WAP Mod 3.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
mfivis

Post by mfivis »

I could easily host the file if someone gets it to me at michaelfivis@verizon.net I gots a very fast server.
evoke

Post by evoke »

excuse my stupid first post please.. i have just set up my phpbb forum after having a xmb forum which i had loads of problems with. one of the things i wanted to do with the xmb forum ws make it available on wap but this looked not to easy to do thus wanting a phpbb as i know its possible.

having done a search for WAP i found this thread.

i have 2 (stupid i know) questions.

if i use the beta mod will my forum then be available via wap?

and if so what are the chances of me breaking (polite term) my forum by adding the mod?

your advice would be appreciated.

JKeats

Post by JKeats »

this mod shouldn't damage yoru board at all. you aren't editing any files so it's not chaning anything on your site.

what might NOT work is the mod itself. it's EXTREAMLY beta... it works (on my board) but the display on the phone is not attractive at all.

you should add this modd for some chuckles at this point and because it's kind of nifty... but don't expect any real functionality out of it... at least not from 3.0beta.

if you can find the 3.1... maybe that's a different story but right now the author is mia and his site is down.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
evoke

Post by evoke »

oh rite thanks for your reply. there is another way of making the forum available on wap though isnt there? one of the forums i visit most runs an older version of phpbb and is available on wap

www.esato.com

a lot of my users are mobile phone nuts so making it wap accessible would be a real bonus for me but unfortunately my editing skills aren't so good :?
PeteBest

Post by PeteBest »

Not entirely sure if 3.1 got released or not. I got a snapshot a few weeks before Fox's site died. You can get that here it fixes a few problems and seems to run pretty well

As per the other versions, update your database details in wap_common.php
lonER2

Post by lonER2 »

I haven't tried this WAP mod but it seems like someone has made a WAP forum app that's compatible with phpbb and vbulletin....and it's impressive. Check it out: http://wiforums.net/products/

I tried it out on the Howard Forums site and it works well with my T68i..the down side to it...its not free :( but I'll see if my users will be willing to donate a few bucks each towards it purchase.

If any of you get the phpbb version let me know how it operates.
teste87

Post by teste87 »

Link is not working... :lol:

Please, someone can post instructions file only? cuz I use a already modded board and I just want to uninstall it :wink:
PeteBest

Post by PeteBest »

Which link isn't working?

Uninstall is simple, just delete all the files you uploaded
teste87

Post by teste87 »

PeteBest wrote: Which link isn't working?

Uninstall is simple, just delete all the files you uploaded

"http://www.tech-forum.co.uk/ does not work anymore (Forbidden and File not Found)."

What files? I didn't aplied it :roll:
PeteBest

Post by PeteBest »

teste87 wrote: "http://www.tech-forum.co.uk/ does not work anymore (Forbidden and File not Found)."

Yeah, if you look above this has been mentioned a fair bit already, that's why I've posted an alternative link
teste87 wrote: Please, someone can post instructions file only? cuz I use a already modded board and I just want to uninstall it

If you're not talking about this mod, I suggest you go to where you got your modded board from and ask there, this isn't the place for that sort of support
neps

Post by neps »

thanks for the build Pete. I'm getting error 500 messages when creating a new post. a shame the author isn't around to help out.
miki

Post by miki »

i cant go to the site
testebr

Post by testebr »

Error 404: File Not Found

:( :( :( :( :( :(
PeteBest

Post by PeteBest »

miki wrote: i cant go to the site

testebr wrote: Error 404: File Not Found

Please take the time to look through the thread, we know that www.tech-forum is down. I supplied the latest build that I had earlier in this discussion. You can download it HERE (and yes, the download does work fine!)
Kwikms

Post by Kwikms »

PeteBest wrote: You can download it HERE (and yes, the download does work fine!)

It does, thanks. Which version is it?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”