[RC] PHPBB Spell Checker 1.06p - 09/20/05

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Nathan_Anderson

Post by Nathan_Anderson »

Did you put the files from the phpbb directory also in the spelling directory?

In your spelling directory you should have spell_config.php, spell_phpbb.php and a ton of other spell_.... files. But make sure you have the spell_phpbb.php file in that directory.

Nathan.
Tones

Post by Tones »

Solved, thanks.
Tones

Post by Tones »

The upload of the dictionary halts at 35% suddenly and the upload is really slow.
Tones

Post by Tones »

BUMP
Nathan_Anderson

Tones wrote: The upload of the dictionary halts at 35% suddenly and the upload is really slow.

Try doing it in safe mode. There is a checkbox you can click before you start the import. You do not need to clear the dictionary. Just do the import again.

Nathan.
P.S. You don't need to "bump" the thread. PHPBB notified me when a new messages has been left. However I'm not here 24/7. :)
stevenelson

Post by stevenelson »

Nathan,

i am having a similar problem. Currently im having to run my forum on a lycos freebie server, when i try to install the dictionary i get the message:

Safe mode is enabled or Max execution time is a hard coded value on this server.

I have tried to carrry out the install using the safe mode option, however, the install is still taking about an hour to reach 1%!!

Any ideas on how i can speed up the process??

Regards

Steve.
Nathan_Anderson

stevenelson wrote: Nathan,

i am having a similar problem. Currently im having to run my forum on a lycos freebie server

I have tried to carrry out the install using the safe mode option, however, the install is still taking about an hour to reach 1%!!

Any ideas on how i can speed up the process??

Uhm, nope -- I've never heard of it taking that long. Lycos must have some sort of process limitations in place for it to take that long. :(

Nathan.
stevenelson

Post by stevenelson »

Is it possible i may be doing something wrong??

Currently, i am trying to install the dictionary (english.dic) through the spellcheck on the admin panel.
This all works fine until the installation starts, then whilst installing it seems to re-load the page on every step.
is it possible i may have missed something???
Nathan_Anderson

stevenelson wrote: Is it possible i may be doing something wrong??

Currently, i am trying to install the dictionary (english.dic) through the spellcheck on the admin panel.
This all works fine until the installation starts, then whilst installing it seems to re-load the page on every step.
is it possible i may have missed something???

If it is installing in safe mode then yes; it will reload the page for every step. This is the "hack" to get around safe mode time restrictions -- everytime it loads the page you get another 30 or so seconds. So when the script gets close to the "timeout" it reloads itself. :)

Nathan.
teste87

Post by teste87 »

How can I add other languages? :lol:
Nathan_Anderson

teste87 wrote: How can I add other languages? :lol:

You have to find word list and add it. To properly add support; you can also modify the spell_language.php file for that language and add the sound examples.

Nathan.
smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

Moved to MOD Beta Development forum
Systems Engineering
RoninTech

Removing Words

Post by RoninTech »

If someone learns incorrectly spelled words what is the easiest way to remove them from the DB?

Cheers,

Ronin
Nathan_Anderson

Re: Removing Words

RoninTech wrote: If someone learns incorrectly spelled words what is the easiest way to remove them from the DB?

They DON'T get added to the database. :) Learning only works for that user. So if Jack learns "phpSpell" then Sarah would still see phpSpell as being misspelled. :)

Nathan.
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Does an upgrade from 1.06d to 1.06j require just the file edits

OR does it include any database updating and replacing all included files?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”