[RC] PHPBB Spell Checker 1.06p - 09/20/05

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
TheYoMan

Post by TheYoMan »

Nathan_Anderson wrote: Did you add "French" into the available languages array in the spell config?
Nathan.

OK, I had add the "French" into the available languages array in the spell config, then I'd be able to install the french.dic on the French langage. It's seem to be OK.

But the problem I had describe before is still here :(
TheYoMan wrote: But I have a probleme when I use the Spell_Checker (in french). It cut some word....
For exemple : the word "évolution" is cut on "é" and "volution"... and the spell_checker want to change "volution" by "évolution". So if I accept the entire word become "éévolution" (2 é).
What can I do to correct this big probleme please ?

Look those screenshoots please :
Image Image

However, I had modify my "spell_French.php" file like that :
// --------------------------------------------------------------------
// Put the list of valid characters in your language in this list
$Language_Character_List = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzâêîûôëïöüùéèçà'";

What can I do to correct this problem please ?
Nathan_Anderson

Post by Nathan_Anderson »

Koyaanis wrote: Ooops... I made an error on reporting that v1.06p wouldn't work with my Opera.

Seems the times I went to check out the demo of v1.06p, that I had already used v1.06o on my own phoBB, and the java files were being held in my cache. So, when I'd go to check out the demo of v1.06p, it was relying on the cached java files on my own computer, not the new ones from your system. And that caused the error I was seeing.

Flushed out my cache, checked out the demo, and it all worked well. Installed the update to my own board and all's fine!

Sorry about reporting I was getting an error.

Cool, I was a little concerned.... :-)

Nathan.
TheYoMan

Post by TheYoMan »

TheYoMan wrote:
Nathan_Anderson wrote:Did you add "French" into the available languages array in the spell config?
Nathan.

OK, I had add the "French" into the available languages array in the spell config, then I'd be able to install the french.dic on the French langage. It's seem to be OK.

TheYoMan wrote: But I have a probleme when I use the Spell_Checker (in french). It cut some word....
For exemple : the word "évolution" is cut on "é" and "volution"... and the spell_checker want to change "volution" by "évolution". So if I accept the entire word become "éévolution" (2 é).

Look those screenshoots please :
Image Image

some news ?
Nathan_Anderson

TheYoMan wrote:
TheYoMan wrote:
Nathan_Anderson wrote:Did you add "French" into the available languages array in the spell config?
Nathan.

some news ?

Did you change your Character list BEFORE or AFTER you imported?

NAthan.
TheYoMan

Post by TheYoMan »

Nathan_Anderson wrote: Did you change your Character list BEFORE or AFTER you imported?
NAthan.

1st - I have changed the charactere list.
2nd- I have imported the french dic.
Nathan_Anderson

TheYoMan wrote:
Nathan_Anderson wrote:Did you change your Character list BEFORE or AFTER you imported?
NAthan.

1st - I have changed the charactere list.
2nd- I have imported the french dic.

So you imported your french word list AFTER you changed your character list correct?

2nd, do a simple word search on your mysql table and see if that word exists in the table...

3rd, what is your "default" language set to in the config file?

Nathan.
TheYoMan

Post by TheYoMan »

Nathan_Anderson wrote: 3rd, what is your "default" language set to in the config file?

Oups... I'm idiot... :oops:

Now it seem to be good. Thank you for your precious help.

Just one problem remaining :
When a word is with apostrophize, the spell checker says there is en error on it.
For example, with the french words "l'image" (the image), the spell checker dont accept this spelling.
I have added "$Language_Common_Words = ",l',qu',d',s',j',c',n',... etc..." in the spell_French.php file, and after I have re-imported the french dictionnary (with deletion of table before), but it's still not work.

What can I do, please, to correct this problem ?
Nathan_Anderson

TheYoMan wrote:
Nathan_Anderson wrote:3rd, what is your "default" language set to in the config file?

Oups... I'm idiot... :oops:

Nope, not an idiot. Easy mistake to make. :)
Now it seem to be good. Thank you for your precious help.

Just one problem remaining :
When a word is with apostrophize, the spell checker says there is en error on it.
For example, with the french words "l'image" (the image), the spell checker dont accept this spelling.
I have added "$Language_Common_Words = ",l',qu',d',s',j',c',n',... etc..." in the spell_French.php file, and after I have re-imported the french dictionnary (with deletion of table before), but it's still not work.

What can I do, please, to correct this problem ?[/quote]

Hmm, the spell checker is going to see the "l'image" as the word.

So:
1. You can import all the words with those starting letters.

2. You can either put each of those common startings in to the Symbol/smilies string so it strips them out and ignores them BEFORE it does the spell check.

3. you can add a line to the language transform in the language file to strip those common prefixes off before it sends it to the db layer so it will do a search for "image" rather than "l'image"

4. The only other possible work around, would be to treat the ' not as a valid character; this would cause "l" to be a word and then "image" to be a word, and if "l" was in your common words table it would always pass.

I think the "best" method is probably #3. The easiest is #2 or #4.

Nathan.
TheYoMan

Post by TheYoMan »

Nathan_Anderson wrote: 1. You can import all the words with those starting letters.

2. You can either put each of those common startings in to the Symbol/smilies string so it strips them out and ignores them BEFORE it does the spell check.

3. you can add a line to the language transform in the language file to strip those common prefixes off before it sends it to the db layer so it will do a search for "image" rather than "l'image"

4. The only other possible work around, would be to treat the ' not as a valid character; this would cause "l" to be a word and then "image" to be a word, and if "l" was in your common words table it would always pass.

1. Impossible, in french there are many word which begin with l',qu', d', s', etc...

2. Impossible, the line became :

Code: Select all

$Spell_Config['Symbol_Tags'] = array(':D',':)',':(',':o','8)',':p',';)',':))','l'','qu'','d'','s'','j'','c'','n'');
and the " l'' " is doesn't accept because of the 2 ' one after the other.

3 & 4. I don't really understant HOW to do that. Can you explain to me please ?
smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

Hello,

Could you please change your MODs version number as outlined in MOD Development forum rules section 2. Your MOD as being in development requires a development version number as stated in the phpBB versioning scheme.

For example if your MOD is currently displaying v1.0.0, you can change it to 0.1.0 or 1.1.0, depending on your feelings of it's development status. Even minor version numbers (y of x.y.z) are reserved for release versions. If you believe your MOD is of a quality that deserves a release version, please do not hesitate to submit your MOD to the phpBB.com MODDB (MOD release database) for validation pending release.

Thank you,
The phpBB MOD Team
Systems Engineering
jeeptravel

Post by jeeptravel »

When I try to add a dictionary as my 2nd step in the MOD process I get this is my admin screen:

Warning: main(../../../config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/highd/public_html/forum/spelling/spell_phpbb.php on line 30

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../../config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/highd/public_html/forum/spelling/spell_phpbb.php on line 30

Warning: main(../../../db/db.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/highd/public_html/forum/spelling/spell_phpbb.php on line 63

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../../db/db.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/highd/public_html/forum/spelling/spell_phpbb.php on line 63

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/highd/public_html/forum/spelling/spell_phpbb.php on line 101

Can anybody help???

jeep
"Carpe diem"
jeeptravel

Post by jeeptravel »

Never mind, I forgot to add something to the spelling file. Thanks, works now!!!!
"Carpe diem"
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

Nathan, Check your PM inbox.
Eric

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”