[RC] PHPBB Spell Checker 1.06p - 09/20/05

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
sammyd56

Post by sammyd56 »

Have installed this mod as instructed up to the part when you have to acces "Spell Check" in the Administration Panel. When I click on it I get the following message:
You must choose a Database Type in the Spell Configuration file.

Even though I have correctly specified the DBTYPE in the config as PHPBB! :?

Any ideas?
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Nathan_Anderson wrote:
LaZeR wrote: [Offtopic]Nathan, do you happen to have an 88x31 button banner?[/offtopic]

Nope, but I could easily create one.

Nathan.

Hook me up with an 88x31 banner to one of your sites of your choosing and I'll proudly display it Here :wink:
sammyd56

Post by sammyd56 »

For those of you who are having the same problem as me where the dictionary won't install because it is too big, I have split it up into 8 roughly equal parts. I suggest you do the same, or if anyone wants me too i'll upload the split-up parts, perhaps in a zip file?
Nathan_Anderson

Post by Nathan_Anderson »

I assume you got the prior problem fixed. If your to the point of installing. :)
sammyd56 wrote: For those of you who are having the same problem as me where the dictionary won't install because it is too big, I have split it up into 8 roughly equal parts. I suggest you do the same, or if anyone wants me too i'll upload the split-up parts, perhaps in a zip file?

As for installing dictionaries, back a couple pages I put a link to a file that is a phpMyAdmin import file for those who have problems with max queries. One file that imports in one pass, I really need to add it to my dictionary page, but I keep forgetting to update my page to have that link easily accessable. :)

Nathan.
sammyd56

Post by sammyd56 »

Nathan_Anderson wrote: I assume you got the prior problem fixed. If your to the point of installing. :)

Yes thanks :) The reason was that I hadn't uploaded the spell_phpbb.php file to the /phpBB/spelling directory. I only worked this out by experimenting though, it isn't mentioned in the Installation Instructions that you have to do this. I'd suggest you add this into your instruction file :) Just for thick people like me that don't realise, as it wasn't really clear. It may be obvious to the more logical-thinking people among us, so sorry if its just me being stupid!
Nathan_Anderson wrote: As for installing dictionaries, back a couple pages I put a link to a file that is a phpMyAdmin import file for those who have problems with max queries. One file that imports in one pass, I really need to add it to my dictionary page, but I keep forgetting to update my page to have that link easily accessable. :)

I know, I found that file. I couldn't import it though because I couldn't find out what the table name was supposed to be, as because my dictionary-installing never completed it didn't actually create the table. :? I suggest you include this information with your tab-delimited file :)

Alas after all this brain-power i used to figure out how to get it installed, it doesn't work :x It just says "Checking Document" for ages and doesn't actually do anything. Any ideas? This has got me stumped :(

Cheers,

Sam
Nathan_Anderson

I know, I found that file. I couldn't import it though because I couldn't find out what the table name was supposed to be, as because my dictionary-installing never completed it didn't actually create the table. :? I suggest you include this information with your tab-delimited file :)

Good Suggestion.
Alas after all this brain-power i used to figure out how to get it installed, it doesn't work :x It just says "Checking Document" for ages and doesn't actually do anything. Any ideas? This has got me stumped :(

Cheers,

Sam

PM me your site and I will take a look. :)
Snargola

Post by Snargola »

Nathan, thanks a *TON* for this Mod! I have it installed and it is running great.

If you would like to take a look, visit www.d2trades.com.

Thank you very much.
A little reading goes a long way. Post count means nothing.

My forums.
Click here for information about and links to SuperMOD.
sammyd56

Post by sammyd56 »

Nathan_Anderson wrote: PM me your site and I will take a look. :)

Unfortunately I can't do that because my forum has to be kept strictly private as it contains confidential information :( Thanks for the offer though!

I think what I'll do is install the spellcheck on a new vanilla phpbb, and then if I have the same problem i'll give you the address of the vanilla one for you to have a look :) If it works on the vanilla one, i guess i'll just sit down and cry :P lol

Sam
sammyd56

Post by sammyd56 »

Ooh, wait! Hold the phone! I just ran spell_diags.php and I got this:

Words in DB: Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /***/***/***/forum/spelling/spell_phpbb.php on line 246

Any idea what this means?

Cheers,

Sam
sammyd56

Post by sammyd56 »

This appears to be line 246:

return ($code[0]);

If that helps.

Sam
Nathan_Anderson

sammyd56 wrote: This appears to be line 246:

return ($code[0]);

If that helps.

Sam

My guess based on that is that you don't have the word table installed properly or it is named differently that what it thinks it should be. Take a look in the diags at what it thinks the table should be named vs what it is named.

Nathan.
sammyd56

Post by sammyd56 »

nope, the table was named correctly. It sounded from the error message like it didn't like the [0] bit in that line, so I removed it and now it seems to work fine! Could you explain what the [0] is supposed to do please? Will removing it have any adverse affects? As I say, it seems to be working now :)

Cheers,

Sam
sammyd56

Post by sammyd56 »

Actually no it still isn't working :(

The diagnostics page displays "Words in DB: Array" and comes up with suggestions under the 'Testing PHP / Spell support:' bit, yet still it just says the same old 'Checking document' for ages :(

Darn it!
sammyd56

Post by sammyd56 »

Aha... cracked it! :D

Seems like it just doesn't like FireFox, it now works in I.E after removing the [0] bit.

Happy now :)

Sam
Nathan_Anderson

sammyd56 wrote: Aha... cracked it! :D

Seems like it just doesn't like FireFox, it now works in I.E after removing the [0] bit.

Happy now :)

Sam

What file was that from? Firefox should work perfectly as that is my default browser. :)

Nathan.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”