[beta] foing :: an mp3 portal 0.3.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
colorblind

[beta] foing :: an mp3 portal 0.3.0

Post by colorblind »

http://foing.sourceforge.net/

I've just release foing version 0.3.0 on sourceforge (see link above). Foing is an mp3 portal, designed to function with phpBB 2.0.x.
I feel Foing is more an add-on than a mod; to get it running you do not have to modify any of the phpBB code. Foing just runs along it, taking advantage of its user system and, in the near future, its sql abstraction layer and template system.

If you're willing to help to develop Foing further, I would appreciate it. I could use a pair of extra hands getting the sql statements right for the different databases phpBB supports, and also for correct usage of the template system (which is abracadabra to me at the moment).

I hope you enjoy it,

colorblind
smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

is it a "release" or is it still [beta]?
Systems Engineering
colorblind

Post by colorblind »

It is still a [beta], i.e. it works fine, but it is not quite finished ( see the to-do list at http://foing.sourceforge.net/TODO ).
So it's more like a release of a beta ... and definitely not a final.
totoelectro

Post by totoelectro »

good work ! :wink:
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

i like it :wink:
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
cabbage

Post by cabbage »

That is sweet!!!!
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

This seems pretty cool. Would this not be extremely heavy in bandwidth usage on one's host OR does the storage system use a central community or such?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

It would unless you could find a way to downsample mp3s server-side, which would cause for extreme processor usage.
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Ok I sort of answered my own question by installing this and trying out. I see the setup is for URL of a file and not actually uploading to your own so it is not pulling from just one server.

PS: Although I have this working as is somewhat, I am getting some weird headers sent and such errors occasionally so I think better integration within phpbb will be a must as this is likely due to not liking another mod or such. :?
pollix

Post by pollix »

OK... I can't seem to add music at all. I have getid3 installed and have it configured like this:

Code: Select all

../includes/getid3/getid3.php
in the admin/config section under the remote getid3 block. When I go to add music.. all it says is: fetching mp3 information. please hold on .... and doesn't go anywhere.

I'm using: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/shared ... c_song.mp3 as he file I'm using to add music.

Any ideas?

My foing is http://www.drunksquids.com/foing

If I can get this working this would be sweet!
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Pollix, did you download getid3 1.5.5 and unzip the contents all to that DIR in /foing/includes/getid3 ? I wasn't having the problem you described as I tried a couple test files and both went just fine however I am getting occasional headers sent errors in such after moving around various templates and in the Foing ACP when I tried to manage-delete I got even worse errors and this part would not remove the song(s), had to go in the regular list when logged in as admin and delete as per the right column and buttons function.
pollix

Post by pollix »

no I got getid3 1.6. does that make a difference?

**EDIT** I guess it might help if I read the instructions. :?
pollix

Post by pollix »

SUCCESS!! Now I have to get it intergrated with my template. I've also found a few small errors.

**If you log in from the foing page, the redirect redirects you to /login.php and I get a blank page.
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Just wanted to add I seem to have squashed all those previously mentioned "Header" errors by doing a couple things:

In the foing DIR and the file redirect.php I found adding the

$foing_root_path . 
In both the top includes and the one at bottom fixed most errors:

include_once($foing_root_path . 'includes/common.php');
include_once($foing_root_path . 'includes/page_header.php');

include($foing_root_path . 'includes/page_tail.php');
Then it seems the IP logging mod I have installed was a problem so I copying a file named cc_mod.php in /phpbb/includes to also be in /foing/includes and this resolved the login/out errors I would get from the foing page :)

Cool Mod! Looking forward to the template integration 8)
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

That's pretty darn slick 8)

I noticed that artist names with apostrophies (') end up with a slash (\) in them in the drop downs.
Defend the game:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”