[BETA] Use phpBB as a CMS

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
yothisbalec

Post by yothisbalec »

When I try to click the 'Management' link in the ACP. it just gives me [quote]‹ÔZ[sÛ¶~–~ÊNÛ¸•¨‹“N-_æ$ŠÓdÆqsb÷tú”
Last edited by yothisbalec on Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

yothisbalec

Post by yothisbalec »

I also can't get any content to show up, anywhere. When I enter in things to the portal category under my 'Main' forum and I look on the main it doesn't display anything. When I try to add content to my Main category it shows the topic 'News' to the left but when I click on it, it just makes a blank table. When I post in that topic again, it just makes a weird ">>" and even when I click that it shows nothing.

The documentation wasn't very clear on how to add things or how things work so I'm kinda in the dark about what to do. Otherwise, I'd be able to fix it myself with some proper documentation.

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed the problem by going to center.php and changing the phpbb_ queries. They were hard coded to look for the phpbb_* tables where I named them Forum_*. You should use the variable table names so that it appends the correct pre-name thing.

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

I haven't used it yet, but it looks good, my only question so far is how does it work or interact with different styles?

yothisbalec

Post by yothisbalec »

You'll have to mod all the styles but overall, they all work. It's a pain to have to apply the mods to all your templates though.

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

now that I agree with! At first I was using 27 styles, but then I got too crazy and knocked it down to the one I liked the most and that was it. made my life easier

agentneo

Post by agentneo »

thids this seems like a great idea:

but i get this error:

General Error

Could not obtain forums for left menu creation

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ORDER BY forum_order' at line 1

SELECT cat_title FROM test_categories where cat_id=

Line : 43
File : /home/agentneo/public_html/cnc/includes/left_menu.php

also you refur to phpbb_catogories instead of CATOGORIES_TABLE in page header, but i fixed that

http://FGServers.com
- Low Ping Gaming Servers for $2.99 / Slot!
PM me if you need PHP, Design, or forum work done for cheap paypal $

yothisbalec

Post by yothisbalec »

Well, After some time with this MOD, I'm really starting to like it alot. Aside from the fact that my MySQL server sucks and is slow (I don't know why, my site pings at ~25ms) and the confusion at first of how to add content, I'm loving this MOD!

agentneo

Post by agentneo »

fixed the error above with some sloppy coding, just a bandaid though but atleast it works.

now i have a new problem. my content in the center doesnt work!

the left menu works but there is no center content:

www.fraggamers.com/cnc/index.php

i just re-downloaded and uploaded both the center.php and center.tpl files. any ideas?

http://FGServers.com
- Low Ping Gaming Servers for $2.99 / Slot!
PM me if you need PHP, Design, or forum work done for cheap paypal $

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

this may sound rediculous, but I didn't find the fileon your site to dl, can you post a link here direct?

yothisbalec

Post by yothisbalec »

The Essence of Geek
www.neonages.com

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

thanks!

Herbalite

Post by Herbalite »

Installed it, thanks for your efforts.

The main problem I have right now is that I have register_globals = off.

I get the same error message as agentneo above, and the reason because register_globals = off.

I fixed that for myself. But as I have an already heavily modded test forum, it's unfeasible to post the code that adds the missing vars. In any case, it's a good idea if you could load those vars for those who have register_globals off, that would be great. It adds a tad more security to the MOD as well.
In the interest of cutting costs, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off...

Acer

Post by Acer »

For the hell of it I tried the latest release of this mod, and WOW I'm impressed. This is a real nice portal mod, especially since the admin can use php in there content post, now the possiblities are endless.

Great Mod, I'm switching all my portals to this.

Thanx

:D

sold_out

Post by sold_out »

Woha - I'm very sorry to say that I haven't checked this thread for a long time... :cry:

There was VERY little respondance to it in the first weeks since I had posted this, and then I thought this one burried among the other posts... Sorry!

Anyway, I hope you all found answers to your problems. I know some of you have notified me via email or my website. Most of what has been discussed here has already been added/corrected - get it at www.kohl-net.de.
For those of you who do not want to take the time to implement this MOD, you can find a pre-modded version there.
Also, I have the german language modifications available.

I know this sounds like a lot of work, but there is no other way that I know of to add this MOD to existing phpBB installations (I don't know how to make a patch file to do all that :( ).

There are already several people using this MOD online and I have submitted the MOD to the phpBB group (a week ago). They will probably take a little time before they act - but hopefully not too long. :P

I'll be sure to watch this thread again, from now on!

Regards,

IK

sold_out

Post by sold_out »

khisanthax wrote: this may sound rediculous, but I didn't find the fileon your site to dl, can you post a link here direct?

Link has changed again, but will remain from now on: http://www.kohl-net.de/load.php?id=18

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”