[ABD] Approve Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
AceMan

[ABD] Approve Mod

Post by AceMan » Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:36 am

This topic is for beta discussions of the Approve MOD.

NOTE: THIS CODE IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING MAINTAINED. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN UPDATING AND DEVELOPING THIS MOD, PM ME!

USE THIS MOD AT YOUR OWN RISK! IT HAS BEEN REPORTED BY SEVERAL USERS TO NOT WORK PROPERLY ON THEIR BOARDS.

* Revision 1.0.10 (Released: APRIL, 12 2005) DOWNLOAD: *
http://www.synace.com/projects/phpBBmod ... 1.0.10.zip

* UPGRADING FROM 1.0.9 *
This is a MINOR PATCH to admin_approve.php of 1.0.9
**THANKS ALSO GOES TO umlr for finding part of this bug!.
http://www.synace.com/projects/phpBBmod ... 1.0.10.txt

References (desc by date):
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=67909
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=43283
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=13962
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=13859[/size]

You may upgrade from 1.0.8 using the provided patch files.
This mod has not yet been approved by the MOD Team. Install this on REAL forums at your own risk, and with no support from the author!

Mod is built on phpBB 2.0.8a. Install is [ BEFORE, ADD ] and [ AFTER, ADD ]. There are no inline edits! EASY!

Features:
===========================================================================
This MOD allows you to moderate posts prior to them being publicly viewable! You have several options & methods for implementing moderation. You can moderate ALL users in a given forum, and choose to moderate from either: All Topics, All Posts, Topic Edits, Post Edits. You alternately can choose to moderate only selected users & topics, and choose to moderate either: All Topics, All Posts, Topic Edits, Post Edits by those users, or within those topics. A list of people can be designated for notification of new posts/topics awaiting moderator approval. You may be notified via email or PM and may choose to include the post itself, and limit it's maximum length. An approval link would be included in the email/pm if you chose to view the contents of the post awaiting approval. You may also choose to notify the user via PM upon topic/post approval & addition/removal from user-moderation or topic-moderation. An add-on to this includes a seperate file that allows listing of all topics & posts awaiting approval, all users & topics under moderation, and adding of users for moderation, post/topic approval, and removal of users & topics under moderation.

Future Changes:
+ re-sync tool for admin panel (no plans to implement at this time)

Q: Where did version 1.1.0 go?
A: 1.1.0 was just to buggy, it's been buried in a deep hole.

ChangeLog: (-) Bugs, (+) Features, (=) Release :: (inprogress) :: (complete) ::
(if you see a bug after your download date, check the lower posts for bug fix instructions )

= 04/12/05 Approve_Mod 1.0.10 released.
- 04/12/05 admin_approve GET/POST vars fix, SQL injection prevention
- 04/12/05 Approve_Mod 1.1.0 removed.
= 05/25/04 Approve_Mod 1.1.0 released.
+ 05/25/04 Updated to phpBB2.0.8a
+ 03/11/04 Updated to phpBB2.0.6d
- 01/20/04 Moved SQL queries to outside of looping constructs.
= 08/27/03 Approve_Mod 1.0.9 released.
- 08/27/03 allowed regular users to be moderators in forum_edit
- 08/27/03 escaping corrected for single-quotes in post for email notification
- 08/27/03 replaced reserved SQL word 'count' with proper variables in admin_approve.php
- 08/27/03 Databases Schemas added, install modified, install file required for SQL installation now.
= 08/04/03 Approve_Mod 1.0.8 released.
+ 08/04/03 Added Ability to hide posts, instead of showing 'post awaiting approval', as an option on forum config edit page.
= 08/04/03 Approve_Mod 1.0.7 released.
- 08/04/03 extra slashes removed from emailer message to prevent errors when using single quotes in approve lang config
= 07/26/03 Approve_Mod 1.0.6 released.
- 07/26/03 empty variable for preg_replace during notification, added globals into approve_mod_pm function
= 07/25/03 Approve_Mod 1.0.5 released.
- 07/11/03 fixed quoting of non-approved posts by auto-approved users via url
- 07/10/03 fixed mods being notified when notification was disabled under certain circumstances
- 07/05/03 fixed null array error that results on emailer.php, line 150,151 and 159,160
- 07/05/03 added replyto & from entries into email notification headers
+ 07/03/03 changed the link text to 'approve this topic' if it's the topic that needs approval
- 07/01/03 fixed mod template: added MOD History, added lang_main to header, install time increased to 30 min.
- 07/01/03 fixed mod template: slashes, 'Notes', security disclaimer, double lines, install level 'Intermediate'
+ 07/01/03 Began modifications for phpBB 2.0.5 compatibility
= 05/01/03 Approve_Mod 1.0.0 released.
- 05/01/03 Changed to version 1.0.0 to match versioning standards for phpBB MODs.
- 05/01/03 Changed sql statements to multi-line to match coding standards for phpBB.
- 04/29/03 Removed auto-approve & moderation links for anonymous on viewtopic.php
+ 04/29/03 Added moderation of anonymous users by default, and ability to add/remove it in admin_approve.php
+ 04/29/03 Added support for including full message during moderator notification
- 04/29/03 Fixed SQL queries for integers (removed quotes, surrounded w/ intval)
- 04/29/03 Fixed emailer class redefinition error
- 04/29/03 Changed <br> tags to <br/>
- 04/29/03 Fixed posting.php to check for user-moderation in an auto-approved topic
- 04/29/03 Updated admin_approve.php with forums link
- 04/17/03 All anon users on index.php no longer being shown as 'Guest' if their post has been approved.
+ 04/15/03 Guest user posting with unapproved usernames, now shown as 'Guest' until approved.
+ 04/15/03 Admin Panel Added.
+ 04/13/03 Moderators box authorizes users to approve posts.
+ 04/12/03 Quote disabled
+ 04/12/03 Searching accounted for.
- 02/19/03 SQL Query typo 'AMD' fixed.
= 02/14/03 Approve_Mod [BETA] released
Last edited by AceMan on Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 52 times in total.

fishfreek

Post by fishfreek » Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:31 pm

Aceman,

EDIT: Read all the topics linked above and answerd my question.

I really think this will be a great feature.
Last edited by fishfreek on Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have you joined the PetAdvice Network?

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so ask me how to join our local Shenandoah Valley aquarium group.

msiegel2003

Approval Mod

Post by msiegel2003 » Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:57 pm

Hello:

I'm looking for a good Message Board to install and this one looks very good except that the ability to Screen the Posts before they're released is a must.

Do you suggest using this for a company at this time or should I wait until this mod has been out for a while.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike Siegel
Ocoee, Florida

AceMan

Post by AceMan » Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:34 pm

I think as soon as It's released it will be pretty ready. I don't anticipate making any changes unless there's major bugs.

The only anticipated change is an add-on file for easier administration & central moderation. The only way to 'hack' this mod and manually approve a post, is to either gain database access, or hack the phpBB AUTH system which checks if the user is a moderator or administrator. It's pretty safe.

Morgy

Post by Morgy » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:17 pm

Hello AceMan

I've been looking for a mod like this for months! Great! :D

I'm responsible for a school page in Switzerland. The school board has forbidden the possibility of direct postings in our phpBB forum/guestbook.

Hope you can soooon release it! :P

Morgy

kenji

Post by kenji » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:54 am

Hey Aceman,

This mod is great. Is it stable yet as I may want to use it? :P
Thanks.

kenji

Post by kenji » Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:02 am

Hi,

Wanted to add the mod to my current forum (test) but the following error occurred
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could not obtain forum approval information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AMD approve_moderate = '-1' LIMIT 0,1' at line 1

SELECT approve_moderate FROM phpbb_approve_topics WHERE topic_id = '2' AMD approve_moderate = '-1' LIMIT 0,1

error in posting.php
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any idea why?
I'm using phpbb 2.0.4(fresh install) with 3.0.0b2 Mod Approval

Thanks.

kenji

Post by kenji » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:44 am

i found the problem...

just change the "AMD" to "AND"... :wink:

AceMan

Post by AceMan » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:19 am

thanx!, fix made!
##############################################################
## Author Note:
## - 02/19/03 SQL Query typo 'AMD' fixed.
## Before Adding This BUGFIX To Your ApproveMod, You Should Back Up All Files Related To This MOD
#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
posting.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
//check for topic auto-approval
$approve_sql = "SELECT approve_moderate FROM " . APPROVE_TOPICS_TABLE . " WHERE topic_id = '" . $topic_id . "' AMD approve_moderate = '-1' LIMIT 0,1";

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
//check for topic auto-approval
$approve_sql = "SELECT approve_moderate FROM " . APPROVE_TOPICS_TABLE . " WHERE topic_id = '" . $topic_id . "' AND approve_moderate = '-1' LIMIT 0,1";

#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------
#
# EoM

Morgy

Post by Morgy » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:31 am

kenji wrote: Wanted to add the mod to my current forum (test)

Excuse the real newbie question: how do I ad the mod? I get the textfile from the link... and then?

Morgy, ashamed :oops:

fishfreek

Post by fishfreek » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:15 pm

Morgy wrote:
kenji wrote: Wanted to add the mod to my current forum (test)

Excuse the real newbie question: how do I ad the mod? I get the textfile from the link... and then?

Morgy, ashamed :oops:

Follow the directions contained within the text file.

Acemans above post shows you an example of what your looking at.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so ask me how to join our local Shenandoah Valley aquarium group.

kenjichan

Post by kenjichan » Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:14 pm

Morgy,
Just follow the text file.. find and add the code. Very simple. :D

Aceman,
No prob on that tiny bug. How can i do such that when a topic/post is approve, the poster will receive an notification via email and not PM?
Can you help?

Thanks.

p/s: I think your MOD is great.

Morgy

Post by Morgy » Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:44 pm

fishfreek wrote: Follow the directions contained within the text file.

Ok, I see. I thought there was something like an installing routine...

My problem is that I have no access to the database to create and drop tables! Our whole school page is just "guest" on a hosting page with several data bases. Something like this:
www.ourhost.ch
www.ourhost.ch/ourschoolpage

Hhmm... so I'll probably wait for the release and then mail our host's admin to ad those table changes.

Or... (just a thought) can I go to my phpbb administration section, backup the database, edit the backuped (and downloaded) database on my disc and finally upload the edited backup? Would this work? I'm not familiar at all with php and databases...

Morgy

fishfreek

Post by fishfreek » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:16 pm

Morgy,

Dont confuse the database with the php scripts. While I dont doub this mod has some database changes usually mods include a php script taht you upload and run that makes these changes for you. Then you go thru the install text file and make the changes you need to make to the scripts.

So at a minimum you would need FTP access to be able to ftp up the changed and new files.

If you do not have FTP access to the server then you will have to get someone who does have that access level to install the mod for you.

kenji

Post by kenji » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:01 am

Fishfreek,
This MOD actually does need additional tables in the existing database.

Morgy,
I think you need to contact the administrator seeking permission to access the MYSQL database via PHPMyadmin. Else, it's difficult for you to install this MOD to the forum.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”