[ALPHA] 0.0.4 User Control Panel for phpBB 2.0.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
MJ

Post by MJ »

isnt that what the "View your posts" link does now??
jvini

Post by jvini »

I have a couple of things to say:

1. Great job working on this mod! It's looking good....
2. Check out the responses I made to your questions...maybe we can get this mod a must-have for phpBB boards!
MJ wrote: Avatar, total posts, what else?? basically the default info thats shows next to a users post??? as a module on Left Hand Side of the User CP I'm thinking?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...on the left side. I think this would be useful, simply because people tend NOT to check what their own profile looks like. It would just add a personalization factor.
- Points System Module (inside the 'your info' box)- This will have to be a seperate add-on, as not all users have the points system installed. Easy enough to do.

OK, it could just be integrated straight into the 'My Info Box', just like {POINTS_NAME}: {TOTAL_POINTS}.
- Album Module (last pic posted; personal gallery info) - Another add-on. Last pic posted to the galleries in general??? Link to personal gallery?? Both these again easy enough ;)

Yes, I'd say recent pictures, but one's that you yourself have added. So like, almost like your last post, but recently uploaded pics. And yes, a link to your personal gallery is good.
- Last post in selected forum (in Admin-defined forum, latest post)And this I believe is done.

This is NOT what your View Your Posts link does now...I need it for a specific forum, like I described. Could this be done? I'm desperate! :(
MJ

Post by MJ »

All of these requests are now done.....0.0.7 beta contains seven addons for adding additional MOD links.

Currently we're working on a user enable/disable block feature, when this is complete next release will be done!

Apart from this all the language and templates are done and ready to go....is currently being tested.

Full Demonstation of 0.0.7
Note:
You must be registered!
jvini

Post by jvini »

MJ wrote: All of these requests are now done.....0.0.7 beta contains seven addons for adding additional MOD links.

Currently we're working on a user enable/disable block feature, when this is complete next release will be done!

Apart from this all the language and templates are done and ready to go....is currently being tested.

Full Demonstation of 0.0.7
Note:
You must be registered!

This is looking awesome!!

Got a dl link?
Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu »

sweet! cant wait for this!
Nitrotech - Alpha stage... Your own fully customisable forum! and site!
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

it'll be in acp, right?
jvini

Post by jvini »

Where's 0.0.7? Can we get a download link??
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

it's not for dl yet, it's still in testing.

MJ, I think what he wants is like a way to view the posts of a forum without subscriping. so it would be like the latest posts/topic area but only for a specific forum. I don't know the coding but it would just be an sql lookup from a specific forum and display the results for that one forum.. problem is, how do you specify what forum, in the acp?

if there's a mod that already does this then that would be helpful, so that he would just have to implement it and that it, instead of doing it from scratch.
jvini

Post by jvini »

khisanthax wrote: it's not for dl yet, it's still in testing.

OK, thanks, saw this right after posting...:roll:
MJ, I think what he wants is like a way to view the posts of a forum without subscriping. so it would be like the latest posts/topic area but only for a specific forum. I don't know the coding but it would just be an sql lookup from a specific forum and display the results for that one forum.. problem is, how do you specify what forum, in the acp?

Thanks for helping me explain...But, just to clear it up, it would be latest posts that you yourself made in a specified forum, whether you're subscribing to that thread or not...so it would just display your latest topics that you've posted in in a specified forum. Simple, huh? I know it's a strange request, but I need it for my forums...yes, specifying the id(s) in the ACP would be the best solution, but directly in the code is another way. And being able to do this for multiple forums would be nice too.
if there's a mod that already does this then that would be helpful, so that he would just have to implement it and that it, instead of doing it from scratch.

Know of this kind of mod? It shouldn't be hard at all, it would just grab some MySQL info....I don't know of this mod though.

Thanks!

EDIT: I MEANT TOPICS YOU'VE POSTED IN, NOT JUST ONE'S THAT YOU'VE STARTED...
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

this is what I did, and it could be adapted, I don't know why I didn't think of it before (duh!)

get the announcement mod, I then adapted it to get posts only from a specific forum. this mod displays the announcement posts in the specified (with some jerry-rigging) forum at the top of the board, however you could just as easily move this into the ucp. look at this mod, if you like it then let me know and I'll pass on how to adapt it to get from only one forum, though it will only post announcments.

MJ if you're interested in this let me know I can pass it on to you, I completely forgot about it. sorry.
jvini

Post by jvini »

khisanthax wrote: get the announcement mod, I then adapted it to get posts only from a specific forum. this mod displays the announcement posts in the specified (with some jerry-rigging) forum at the top of the board, however you could just as easily move this into the ucp. look at this mod, if you like it then let me know and I'll pass on how to adapt it to get from only one forum, though it will only post announcments.

Hmm...this seems sorta similar to what I'm looking for. The problem is that it only grab announcements. It's a start, in that it grabs specific topics from specific forums, and parses them...but what I need is it to grab your posts in that specific forum. It could be just like 'View Your Posts', except only for a specific forum. Could this be done??

Thanks for your help!
MJ

Post by MJ »

jvini: Do you have version 0.0.5 running???

I can do an add-on block for your request. This way it wont be hard code installed, but rather add-it if you want it. At least until the Use rPreferences are operational, then it could be included permanently, as can be disabled.

I'll write up this addon block now, can u PM me (about 20-30mins) and I'll send to you to test.
MJ

Post by MJ »

This block is now finished. It will get info for the last 5 topics you have posted in. PM me to test it out ;)
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

did you create your own or use some stuff from the announcement mod? I would think it wouldn't have been hard to change announcment to topic or all for a specific forum
jvini

Post by jvini »

MJ wrote: jvini: Do you have version 0.0.5 running???

I can do an add-on block for your request. This way it wont be hard code installed, but rather add-it if you want it. At least until the Use rPreferences are operational, then it could be included permanently, as can be disabled.

I'll write up this addon block now, can u PM me (about 20-30mins) and I'll send to you to test.

LOL, I don't have any version installed right now...I'll have to do that first! I just PM'ed you...

Thanks!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”