[BETA] multiple choice voting in polls

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
eq4bits

Post by eq4bits » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:49 pm

Have tried installing this mod several times without success. It makes the whole screen 'white' and none of the forum shows. Assuming it must be a conflict with another mod I installed another forum database.
phpBB2 ver. 2.0.11
and using 'pristine' files (in other words no other mods at all) and using
MOD Title: MultiVote_Mod_v.1.4.0
it doesn't white out the whole board but only when trying to post a reply or post a new topic. I also noticed when in the admincp if i choose to manage a users profile i can 'look up' the user but once done there is only a white screen within that frame.
I have checked all the changes I made according to the mod instructions and everything is exactly as the instructions say they should be.
any help would be appreciated

vilaras

Post by vilaras » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:24 pm

eq4bits wrote: ...it doesn't white out the whole board but only when trying to post a reply or post a new topic. I also noticed when in the admincp if i choose to manage a users profile i can 'look up' the user but once done there is only a white screen within that frame.
I have checked all the changes I made according to the mod instructions and everything is exactly as the instructions say they should be.

I am sorry but I cannot help. Maybe somebody else might give an answer.

Anyway, I didn't htink of posting a message just to say that I cannot help. So, here is just an idea. You said the problem appears in other instances as well (in AdminCP). Is there any possibility that some installation file of your phpBB (I mean the original pack) might have some problem? How about trying with the new phpBB v.2.0.12 ? Don't get angry it is just an idea !

Good luck!

vilaras

Re: [BETA] multiple choice voting in polls

Post by vilaras » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:37 pm

This mod is functional and available due to the efforts of the following people:
talia679
spin
ashtor
wizzy403
Seleleth

Translations:
- Dutch by Jake de Vere
- Finnish by Jaana Hietala
- German by ashtor,
- Greek

I only started the mod - they gave it life!
Thanks to all of them,
Theodoros Vilaras

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- What's new?
- The dutch and finnish translations of course!
Last edited by vilaras on Wed May 11, 2005 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chesster

Post by chesster » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:44 pm

If I install this mod using the provided script to modify the mySQL tables, do I have to change the tables' names specified in the script to match those our mySQL tables, OR this script figures this out automatically?

Thanks.

vilaras

Post by vilaras » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:16 pm

chesster wrote: If I install this mod using the provided script to modify the mySQL tables, do I have to change the tables' names specified in the script to match those our mySQL tables, OR this script figures this out automatically?
If you have changed only the prefix (the first part of the tables' names), then the script will modify your files automatically.
For example, if you have renamed the table phpBB_vote_results to forum_votes_results, the first part, the prefix, it is declared in your phpBB installation and the script will do the changes.
But if you have changed the table phpBB_vote_results to phpBB_results_of_the_votes, then the script will not do the changes automatically.
The best solution is to run the script and see the results:

The script will inform you if it succeeded to make the changes or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by vilaras on Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eq4bits

Post by eq4bits » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:23 pm

are there any particular mods that this Multi-choice poll mod may NOT be compliant with? I've got several installed and wondering if there are specific ones it is known not to work with before I start taking others out......

vilaras

Post by vilaras » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:51 pm

eq4bits wrote: are there any particular mods that this Multi-choice poll mod may NOT be compliant with? I've got several installed and wondering if there are specific ones it is known not to work with before I start taking others out......

It is not compatible with Admin_Voting_Mod (you cannot view what the users have voted for if you install the Multivote Mod).

If you have Log_Actions_Mod installed, a couple of modifications are required in the file posting.php (file with instructions is included in the Multivote Mod .zip file)

...that's all...

chesster

Post by chesster » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:05 pm

Hello,

Actually we are most interested in the feature of this mod that disallows people to look at the result until the election is over. We have installed other mods like Admin Log, said to be incompatible with this mod. So I wonder if there is a mod out there that simply has the option for the poll creator to hide the result until the election is over.

Thanks.

fastbuck

Post by fastbuck » Mon May 02, 2005 4:30 pm

can anyone help me answering if this mod will work with phpfetchall. right now i'm fetching my last poll to display on the index site of my homepage (http://asianfilmweb.de) and would love to have the options to vote for more than one item.
thanks for helping me.

Trigun-

Post by Trigun- » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:27 pm

hi, i got some suggestions to make this mod THE mod to cover nearly every vote related thing ;) (well thats exaggerated but i really cant think of anything left after these things added to it ;))

some options should be added:
- making it a very very important vote by sending every user a pm with a link to the vote. if he/she has already voted the pm should be deleted ;)
- add an option to show which user voted
- add an option (to the option above) to show each users option in public
- add an option to enable users to change their choice.

- add a admin option (in acp) to see who voted and which option (that should be an optional installation block since not every admin is as nosy as i am ;))
- add support for ezportal as an optional installation block. its very annoying to have a vote with multiple choices but users vote on portal having just 1 choice.

hmm ok, i cant remember anything else this mod would need but some things i wrote seem to be a necessary upgrade to me ;). sorry if someone requested similar things already (and you didnt like it), i didnt read the whole topic. i just had to write this down )

thanks for reading anyway ;)

zarazek

Post by zarazek » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:46 pm

Hello!

I tried to install MoltiVote_Mod_v.1.3.3 downloaded from phpbbhacks.com. My forum runs on phpBB 2.0.15. I did all the modifications carefully, caring about wrapped lines, brackets and so on. I added 4 new fields to the phpbb_vote_desc table in my forum's database (using phpMyAdmin).

After instaling the mod, I saw NO ERRORS, no blank screens, but:
- despite of the fact, the number of votes are shown properly, the number of casts is always "0"
- when I click the checkbox options while creating the poll, the options are not set up in the database. For example: to hide the results I must set up the option via phpMyAdmin, I cannt do it druing the poll posting.
- users casts are not saved. Despite of the fact 10 people voted, each option got "0" votes

Can anybody help me please?
I run my phpbb on Linux Mandrake 10.0, and the option 'register_globals' in my php.ini is set to "ON".

Other mods installed: album mod, board_msq_xl, complete_quick_reply, double_post_merge, m2f mod, separate_anon_sticky, statstics mod, topics_anywhere and users_of_the_day.

vilaras

Post by vilaras » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:29 am

zarazek wrote: Hello!

I tried to install MoltiVote_Mod_v.1.3.3 downloaded from phpbbhacks.com. My forum runs on phpBB 2.0.15.

You must download the latest version (1.4.1)
You can find a link at the first message of the thread (http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 335#461335)
The version you got is quite old for phpBB v.2.0.15

zarazek

Post by zarazek » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:32 am

Thank you vilaras. I will give it a try.

EDIT:

Yes, it works! :D
Thanks!

Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:00 pm

Hi, I installed the mod a while ago, and just noticed that when wanting to post a poll... I have no possibility to add options 8O

I looked through the files, but didn't see anything missing.
I suppose it has something to do with posting_poll_body.php, as there is completely nothing (no white space or anything).

Can one of you check the file and tell me if anything seems weird ? I am using subVereor for the template.

Here is the file, I hope someone can find what's wrong with it :?
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.

vilaras

Post by vilaras » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:28 am

Q-Zar wrote: Can one of you check the file and tell me if anything seems weird ? I am using subVereor for the template.

You could try with this one: posting_poll_body.txt

It's from Subsilver, but I didn't see any differences concerning the theme. Only a couple of lines (which had to do with voting), they were at some other positions.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”