[DEV] mxBB Portal (v. 2.7.6-pl1) News & Announcements

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
markus_petrux
Former Team Member

Post by markus_petrux » Sun May 01, 2005 6:05 pm

niekas: If you're trying to give positive feedback, then thanks. It is just we already know our current cache "engine" is not very good, so to speak. Also, you can't measure the information displayed on the footer (queries and generation time) alone. Probably, you know there are other factors to take into account. For instance, if you look at this page you'll see about 270 queries run is less than 0.4 seconds. How is it possible?

Anyway, we're working on a different and better (also read not the best) approach for the cache "engine" that will be ready when it's finished, heh.

Our main website is just running a version of the software which was more or less stable some time ago, but things have changed a lot and more will come...
EasyMOD Standards | MOD Template Actions | MODs in Development Rules
Useful information for MOD Authors | MOD Queue Stats | Search MODs
Write SQL/DDL portable to all SQL servers supported by phpBB!
Get EasyMOD 0.3.0! | Suport al phpBB en Català!
8)

bbus3r

Post by bbus3r » Mon May 02, 2005 2:14 am

since this is [DEV], I guessing that it's not stable enough to be used for production. what is the timeframe for a stable release? thanks!

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Mon May 02, 2005 2:18 am

bbus3r wrote: since this is [DEV], I guessing that it's not stable enough to be used for production. what is the timeframe for a stable release? thanks!

Wrong guess. It's stable enough to be used for production. It has been for a year or more.

The [DEV] flag here means we're actively developing on it, not that it's unstable code. Just look at the main site and others powered by mxBB. :?
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

bbus3r

Post by bbus3r » Mon May 02, 2005 2:51 am

MennoniteHobbit wrote:
bbus3r wrote:since this is [DEV], I guessing that it's not stable enough to be used for production. what is the timeframe for a stable release? thanks!

Wrong guess. It's stable enough to be used for production. It has been for a year or more.

The [DEV] flag here means we're actively developing on it, not that it's unstable code. Just look at the main site and others powered by mxBB. :?

thanks for the confirmation. I'm fairly new with portal for phpbb and have been looking for something easy to use. I've looked at two others, not including the one mentioned here, so I hope to make a decision soon.

bbus3r

Post by bbus3r » Mon May 02, 2005 11:15 pm

I was reading through articles and saw that some of the original files from cash mod need to be deleted to work with mx-bb? What I'm trying to understand is if mx-bb "uses integrated features it works without touching phpBB", why would it conflict?

If a board is already using cash mod and users already earned points, what would happen if the cash_*.php files are deleted as instructed? Will it cause major problems?

Are there other mod issues I should be aware of?

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.[/u]

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Tue May 03, 2005 12:04 am

What I'm trying to understand is if mx-bb "uses integrated features it works without touching phpBB", why would it conflict?

mxBB relies on phpBB code... if MODs alter the code that mxBB relies on, there are obviously going to be errors.

In Cash MOD's case, it's because the mxBB ACP doesn't like Cash MOD's admin_cash.php file, which basically includes all of the other Cash MOD files. The fix was to forget about admin_cash.php, and make each individual Cash MOD admin file include itself. Not as flexible as before (ie customizing which menus will appear), but everything works.
If a board is already using cash mod and users already earned points, what would happen if the cash_*.php files are deleted as instructed? Will it cause major problems?

All data is stored in the DB, not the Cash MOD files. As I said before, replacing the admin Cash MOD files wouldn't affect anything other than allowing you to administer your portal/CMS. In any case, backup your database anyway.
Are there other mod issues I should be aware of?

Nope. You should read around a bit of the docs at mxBB though.

Please, post at the mxBB site for more info. :arrow:
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

Sr X

mxBB is now MX-Publish­er

Post by Sr X » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:51 am

New Home and name

mxBB is now MX-Publish­er (MXP for short). As a part of this re-brandin­g, they have moved to a new home http://www.mx-publisher.com ... for the time being, your old site will redirect here. They have also released a new version 2.8.2 (compatible with phpBB 2) which fixes many bugs found in 2.8.1

In development

The new MX-Publish­er website is now in place and the MXP team are now concentrat­ing all effort on the restructur­e of the new location to incorporat­e everthing members need. Also work is ongoing presently on a new release, this time being a fully branded new line of mx-Publish­er which can be used to work alongside phpBB 3 (Olympus version) this will be our mx-Publish­er 3.x when fully developed.

you can learn more in the official site: http://www.mx-publisher.com

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”