[DEV] mxBB Portal (v. 2.7.6-pl1) News & Announcements

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
zoobooboozoo

Post by zoobooboozoo » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:32 pm

is this portal apart from the phpBB forum? like phpNUKE?

or is it alike ezPortal etc. ?

thanks in advance!

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:38 pm

Look at the Main MX site please. It's separate. Also, in the first post of this thread it mentions something like "the only modular portal" or something like that somewhere, meaning it runs separate and needs no phpBB code changes. :wink:
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

zoobooboozoo

Post by zoobooboozoo » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:52 pm

But does it have problems with MODs like the phpNUKE system?

the-snake

Post by the-snake » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:07 pm

Hi!

Nope MX system is completly self contained it does not tuch phpbb in any way it resides in a cataloge of its own apart from the forum.

So it is compatible with mods made to phpbb. That is the strenght to the system and its easy Modulized structure wich with a couple of clicks installs new features no hard coding here :)

mberst

Post by mberst » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:12 am

Haplo and drift - excellent work. I can't say enough about MX. Just discovered your project yesterday and I am very impressed. Some of the instructions are a little difficult to follow - perhaps a translation problem, although I see drift is in the UK. The instructions are more difficult to figure out than the actual installation and configuration - which went like a dream. :) I'd like to help because I think there is tremendous potential for MX. I am posting here because your forum won't let me register -

"error - You must use your yourdomain.com e-mail address to register on this board. After registering you may then change your e-mail to your preferred e-mail address. Thank you."

Looking through the posts on this thread I think many may be missing the ease and power and flexibility of your program. I need to dig in on the documentation and get a better understanding before I can talk too intelligently about it, but right now I am busy installing it everywhere I can. :) The beauty of your program is that it doesn't lock the user into any dead ends or rigid configurations or designs so it is should be infinitely flexible. Outputting xml files is interesting as well and opens up possibilities.

Richard Slater

Post by Richard Slater » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:34 pm

I am getting a HTTP Authentication dialog box when trying to view www.mx-system.com

[edit] Never mind up again now [/edit]
Last edited by Richard Slater on Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danb00

Post by danb00 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:55 pm

there a fix for the cashmod error that happenes in the ACP of the portal yet?
phpBBModded.com - Modding phpBB

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:01 am

Yes, I supplied the fix somewhere on the forums. I don't have a link now, but you can search on the MX site under "added a mod for phpbb, then ..." .

markus_petrux
Former Team Member

Post by markus_petrux » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:00 pm

*** trying to hit anyone interested on this subject ***

We are about to launch a critical update, version 2.7.5

Be the first to know exactly when! ;)

Presenting... the mxBB mailing list!
EasyMOD Standards | MOD Template Actions | MODs in Development Rules
Useful information for MOD Authors | MOD Queue Stats | Search MODs
Write SQL/DDL portable to all SQL servers supported by phpBB!
Get EasyMOD 0.3.0! | Suport al phpBB en Català!
8)

_Haplo

Post by _Haplo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:48 pm

The mxBB Development Team would like to announce the immediate release of mxBB-Portal version 2.7.5 - "the Hobbit strolls where noone else dare" version.

This is basically a maintenance release that in addition to a couple of critical bug fixes address several security issues. All Users of mxBB-Portal are strongly encouraged to upgrade to this release as soon as possible.

Summary of Changes:

* The trigger to this release: Security fixes related to latest phpBB releases affecting our code.

* Fixed redirection issues after login/logout affecting servers under Windows platforms.

* Improved template engine. This is much wiser, able to find .tpl files almost everywhere.

* Installation script fully rewritten, much simpler, intuitive, error/mistake proof, user friendly.

* Removed unnecessary phpBB scripts we had duplicated in our includes folder.

* Fixed problems related to SQL reserved words. We're now compatible with MySQL 4.1.x!

* Attempt to restore compatibility with PostgreSQL. We don't have a test platform, though.

Please, visit our website to check out the complete Changelog as well as further Release Information:

Meanwhile, work continues on development of mxBB-Portal 2.8... we're moving... ;-)

Regards,

The mxBB Project Team
www.mx-publisher.com - modular CMS for phpBB
News: MXP 3.0.x released!

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:14 pm

Link back to the announcement located here, with some upgrade instructions.

markus_petrux
Former Team Member

Post by markus_petrux » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:32 pm

Step by step upgrade from 2.7.3 to 2.7.5 ...in 5 minutes:
http://www.mx-system.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6317

;)
8)

markus_petrux
Former Team Member

Post by markus_petrux » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:31 pm

mxBB-Portal version 2.7.5 --- zip updated !!!

Hi everyone,

Since we released 2.7.5 we have found a couple of mistakes in the package. This has been fixed in the ZIP file available in the download section of our website.

All Users of mxBB-Portal 2.7.5 are strongly encouraged to download a new copy of this file as soon as possible and upload changed files common.php and admin/admin_mx_portal.php to their websites.

Summary of changes since 2.7.5 was first released:

1.- Changes related to the installer:

1.1.- Updated upgrade instructions in install/mx_install_readme.htm

This has also been updated in our online Release Notes document:
http://www.mx-system.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1224

1.2.- The installer has been modified to allow empty DB password (requested by Jaime).

1.4.- The installer has been modified to allow phpBB table prefix (apoc's issue).

1.5.- Fixed PHP warning to lstat in is_file/is_link functions (spellbyte's issue).

See this topic for further information:
http://www.mx-system.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6332

1.6.- Added "DROP TABLE..." before "CREATE TABLE..." in the install_schema

See apoc's issue for further information:
http://www.mx-system.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6321

Note: Changes related to the installer does not affect user already running 2.7.5. It's just to make things easier to those installing/upgrading from now on ;-)

2.- Changes related to errors/mistakes packing files:

2.1.- Fixed portal version in admin/admin_mx_portal.php

See this post for further information:
http://www.mx-system.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3959#33959

2.2.- Fixed a couple of mistakes when packing our common.php

See this posts for further information:
http://www.mx-system.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5352
http://www.mx-system.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3860#33860

Therfore, all users running 2.7.5 are encouraged to download a copy of the 2.7.5 package and update/upload the following scripts to their websites:

common.php
admin/admin_mx_portal.php

We apologies for any inconventient it might cause

Regards,

The mxBB Project Team

NB: Keep yourself up to date by subscribing to the mxBB-News Mailing List. ;)
8)

markus_petrux
Former Team Member

Post by markus_petrux » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:11 am

mxBB-Portal version 2.7.5-pl3 (patch level 3) released!

Hi everyone,

The mxBB Development Team would like to announce the immediate release of mxBB-Portal version 2.7.5-pl3 (Patch Level 3).

This is a Critical Update that in addition to several bug fixes contains back ported code from our incomming 2.8 core to make it easy to deal with security issues related to GET and POST variables. This has been used to fix a Critical Security Issue affecting our main index.php script.

A BIG THANK YOU goes to resnikov for reporting said security hole to us privately.

This package has been tested under PostgreSQL 8.0.1. While doing so, a couple of malformed SQL statements have been detected (interestingly enough, MySQL never complained about them). This has been fixed as well.

All Users of mxBB-Portal are strongly encouraged to upgrade to this release as soon as possible.

mxBB-Portal 2.7.5-pl3 is already available from our main website:

http://www.mx-system.com/index.php?page ... &file_id=2

mxBB-Portal 2.7.5-pl3 Release Notes can be found here:

http://www.mx-system.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1224

It contains a step by step guide to help upgrade from 2.7.5 to 2.7.5-pl3 in just 5 minutes! ;-)

A detailed guide of all code changes from 2.7.5 to 2.7.5-pl3 (written in phpBB MOD format) has been posted here:

http://www.mx-system.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6473

Summary of changes introduced with 2.7.5-pl3:

Security Fixes:
  • SQL Injection affecting index.php has been fixed. To do so, an new Object Oriented Class has been introducted (back ported code from our incomming 2.8 core) to make it easy to deal with security issues related to GET and POST variables.
Bug Fixes:
  • A minor typo in login.php has been fixed.
  • Who's Online block has been re-written based on code from latest phpBB release (version 2.0.13).
  • A number of issues related to malformed SQL statements detected while testing the Core under PostgreSQL have been fixed in Block Administration and Page Administration.
  • Cache Management has been patched to make it fully DBAL compliant, enabling PostgreSQL users to use the cache system.
  • Portal page_header.php has been patched as well to fix a minor bug preventing Extra Meta Tags Settings from being sent to the browser.
  • File name in header comments has been fixed in lang_main.php
Functionality added or changed:
  • New version of the mxBB Installer. It is now able to deal with several phpBB boards installed on the target system, even if they use *different DB engines*.
  • Module Administration has been patched to add compatibility with incomming 2.8 Core. This has been introduced by Jon (aka Haplo) when releasing the Knowledge Base Module 2.0.1.
  • Meta Tags Administration has been heavily changed. This has been back ported from incomming 2.8 core. Thanks to Snake for introducing the code changes sometime ago. ;-)
Regards,
Markus

on behalf of the mxBB Project Team
8)

Kris_Tof

Post by Kris_Tof » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:07 pm

Congratulations on that Excellent MOD !

This is the best portal for phpbb I have seen from far. I love the fact that it doesn't touch the phpBB structure to one exception, I found it very hard to be able to come back to the home/forum structure of mx portal once I am in the forums themselves.

The only slight change I allowed myself to do is to add a / (slash) in phpBB/template/subSilver/overall_header.tpl where the phpbb_logo image is called (so that it goes to /index.php (my portal) instead index.php)... This way when I want to go back to mxportal, I just click on the logo.

Thanks for making mx portal - :lol:

Kris_Tof
Back to adding modules now...

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”