[ALPHA] MultiMail - Community Newsletter MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Smokeydogg

Post by Smokeydogg » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:43 am

my members have been bitching at me to start up a newsletter for months so soon as you get this mod done let me know

i'd like to see a way to let certain users write their own little editorials in the newsletter maybe a poll as well

songdove

Post by songdove » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:28 pm

Adding my voice to requesting that this mod come available. Nothing like this over at phpbb hacks that I've seen at all. I'll continue searching elsewhere, but if this mod is finished first, I'll be very happy to install it.

mm3guy

Post by mm3guy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:37 pm

There's something like this for Subdreamer (you have to pay for it), but it doesn't have as much features
[-INSERT COOL SIG HERE-]

NGLeader

Post by NGLeader » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:10 am

Another good mod goes to the recycle bin. :(

Acec

Post by Acec » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:29 pm

whats the current dev status of this mod? May just stop me installing a 3rd party app which doesn't fit in with phpBB
Ask me about my m8y
m8ywebhosting.co.uk

NGLeader

Post by NGLeader » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:00 am

NGLeader wrote: Another good mod goes to the recycle bin. :(

whats the current dev status of this mod? May just stop me installing a 3rd party app which doesn't fit in with phpBB

The top quote is the current dev status. :(

Martin Truckenbrodt
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:59 pm

Hello,
look here for an other solution: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=354611

Bye Martin
Last edited by Martin Truckenbrodt on Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!

intelliot

Post by intelliot » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:43 pm

Has someone else created a similar mod? Where can it be found?

joeydee

Post by joeydee » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:40 am

where ca i download this mod?

Also i dont want the members to choose yes or no if they want the newsletter because it'sgoing to be once's a month I will mail my members just to keep them up to date with my site.

Letm e know
Joey Dee

khsjr1970

Post by khsjr1970 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:30 am

joey two posts above yours is a link to a newsletter mod supplised and authored by martin. I suggest you give it a shot, considering hes still supporting his work the author of the mod in this thread hasnt posted in it since 05 and hasnt posted to the board in total since feb 06.

joeydee

Post by joeydee » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:05 am

Sup mate...

I only need this to send member's once a month a update of the site and so on. I dont want it to be like a newsletter to have members subscribe or unsubscribe, it's more like a MASS MAIL but with HTML that's all i need it for.

So you suggest me installing it?

Please let me know I appreciate your time :)

Joey Dee

khsjr1970

Post by khsjr1970 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:56 am

any update to go once a month, would be considered a news letter. you can check also look in the released mods, for a mod called email digest, this may be what you are seeking.

but the above mod, could be adjusted to FORCE users to subscribe and not be able to unsubscribe.

set up a demo board, DO NOT USE LIVE ENVIRONMENT and try them out. this is the best way to get a grip on a new MOD without introducing it to a live environment where chaos can happen.

the great thing about all code is it can be tweaked. dont be afriaid to set up a test board, and play with the code, read what you are pasting in, it doesnt take long before you begin to recognize patterns, and placements, the hows and whys.

this is what easymod cannot do that in my opinion is imperative for a forum owner. easy mod cant show you what exactly its doing. thus you run blind and never really learn anything about the software.

best of luck to you.

Demolition_FABI

Post by Demolition_FABI » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:45 am

Hi,

are you still working on the Mod?
I'm also looking forward to its release ;)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”