[BETA] Rebuild Search Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
kulinar

Post by kulinar »

Sounds cool 8)
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

I just finished the processing time display...+ some visual echancements :

scabrera

Post by scabrera »

Hi Chatasos,
is it possible to share a copy of your script?

Regards,
Sergio
Sage69

Post by Sage69 »

I tried it. It makes available a number of features.

It is great!
kulinar wrote: I use this mod for my DB. It worked fine until I used the function 'Rebuild index'. It just emptied (truncated) all search tables and showed an error. Then I applied this mod, ran it and it really rebuilded my search index. That means that it worked for me.

@chatasos
What is the difference from original code except templates?
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

scabrera wrote: Hi Chatasos,
is it possible to share a copy of your script?

Regards,
Sergio

Sergio, i'll post a link (and maybe start a new topic so that i can edit its first post) as soon as i finish with the things i have in mind; i hope by the end of next week.
There are some things which have to be implemented before going public and since i'm updating the code almost daily, it wouldn't really help you.
Also i have to convert most static strings to $lang vars :wink:
scabrera

Post by scabrera »

np, I will wait :D

Thanks!
scabrera

Post by scabrera »

EvolutionCrazy wrote: ok, problem solved... :roll:

i'm my case is the onTime() function not working on my server.... :wink:

just replaced

Code: Select all

while (($row = $db->sql_fetchrow ($result)) && (onTime () == true)) {
with

Code: Select all

while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow ($result)) {
and everything works fine :wink:

(you have to set "sane" parameter otherwise you gat time out :wink: )

my server has alredy setted max_execution_time as 300seconds... i think it don't need any change :lol:

After reading and reading and reading :twisted:
your solution helped me out, I did what you said and it worked wonderful, FYI I have my phorum in a reseller host, I assume they have dissabled the onTime() function, so changing that line helped me out. Yesterday I left my computer working for almost 12 hours, just minutes ago I patched your code, in less than 10 minutes SEARCH tables were up an running.

By the way I am using PHPBB 2.16.

Thankyou GUI and EvolutionCrazy for this script and the fix to my problem.

Regards,
Sergio
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

I have almost finished the part of the mod that's responsible for the start/stop/continue functions and it seems to be working guite good.

You are able to choose where to stop by defining the number of posts to process or by pressing a button while processing. Next time you start again, you have the option of continuing where you left off, or starting from the beginning. Of course the same happens if you close your browser or move to another page while processing, so you are always able to continue from where you left off..

I'm goint to post a download link (on a new topic) in the next 2 days for a first beta, so i can get some feedback from other users too.

There are still some db optimizations (especially when you use a small number of posts per cycle and you have a big db) that can be done, but i'm leaving this for a next version.
kulinar

Post by kulinar »

After the start of your mod are search_ tables truncated or info is just replaced by new information?
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

kulinar wrote: After the start of your mod are search_ tables truncated or info is just replaced by new information?

Ηι kulinar,

As you can see from the following screenshot, when you start from the beginning (and only then) you have the option of "clearing" the search tables.
On any other case, search information is just "replaced" (removed and then added again). Of course this in/out is causing some heavy db usage, but i don't think there is another way of doing it. Although some db optimizations are on their way, i don't know how much they're going to help :?

PS: Hit refresh in your browser if the above image is the old one.
kulinar

Post by kulinar »

10x for the answer. One more thing. As seen from the screenshot, time limit is set to 1200. In this mod it is set to 120. Why such a big difference?
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

kulinar wrote: 10x for the answer. One more thing. As seen from the screenshot, time limit is set to 1200. In this mod it is set to 120. Why such a big difference?

1200 is the value phpbb uses when running time consuming php functions, so i just used it too. :wink:
ewelin

Post by ewelin »

please be sure to post the link to the new thread when you start it in here.... that away if i miss it i know where to find it ;-)

also are you going to have an upgrade from this latest version or will it be a completely new install and we'll have to remove the old version on our own??
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

ewelin wrote: please be sure to post the link to the new thread when you start it in here.... that away if i miss it i know where to find it ;-)

also are you going to have an upgrade from this latest version or will it be a completely new install and we'll have to remove the old version on our own??

Later tonight, i'll post the link to the new topic. I have almost finished what i wanted to do in this version and i'm very happy with the results on my site :D , (although the mod is still a beta).

Upgrade or new install are going to be the same thing as both actions include the copying of all files :wink: . Also, the version number has changed from 1.0.0 to 2.1.0 in order to follow phpbb version numbering guidelines about beta versions.
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

Here you can find the topic for my new version...

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=318363

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”