New Testament / Bible Database

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
mrcolj2

New Testament / Bible Database

Post by mrcolj2 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:59 pm

I used to have a religious discussion board, and I was so overrun by trolls I eventually lost everything (6,000ish posts.) So I recreated it, using a separate topic for every chapter of the scriptures. This solved everything, because instead of having a topic called "Catholics" or "Mormons," you could now only discuss the scriptures by replying to the correlative verse. Again, this solved everything, because the trolls were both uninterested in the Bible and lazy.

Anyway, after now having cut and pasted every chapter of the New Testament into its own topic, I am releasing the database publicly so people can duplicate the same thing on their boards. Any church board, religious board, literature board, etc. And tell me if you use this same format for other books--I'd be interested in seeing it.

So please download and integrate this New Testament Only database. Please keep any links to my site on there--I'm not sure there are any, but please leave them if there are. I'll keep the updated link here, and post more as it expands if there's sufficient demand. And please, I am looking for any volunteers to cut and paste scriptures on [spam], and thereby develop this hack/Mod/whatever. IM me as mrcolj on any platform to volunteer.

Holler how it goes...
Last edited by MHobbit on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam.

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Re: ScriptureForum.Net New Testament / Bible Database

Post by MHobbit » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:13 pm

Sorry, but I'm going to have to lock this topic. At this point, this thread resembles spam more than it does a place for a MOD's development, especially since you're merely promoting your own site [accomplishment]. We also ban recruiting for MOD authors, as per our Board-wide Policies.

If you are interested in developing an actual MOD, feel free to contact me regarding this topic.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”