[ABD] Activity MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
transm

Post by transm »

whoo wrote: yes fleccy, ive asked already for it..if you would please, copies of both would be outstanding!

transam, im not trying to be rude but i cant help that you dont "follow the logic". If you dont like the routes im exploring, find your own..thats all i can say. Rather than tell me what you think I need to do ..(its not even MY mod)

here it is yet again:

1. currently using NO cookie other than phpbb cookie used to maintain session, and currently NOT using any referring page.

2. ONE way im exploring is forcing a referrer, and denying the db write if that referrer isnt present.

is THAT clear enough?

The referrer idea is the first thing I thought of (but is useless because it can be spoofed even if there was a way for the modded games to send a referrer) but where does having a redirect come in to it? Thats what you were talking about before as if it mattered if the php file to check the scores redirected to another file.

Also, why does almost every post of yours have to mention that you modded games. What has that got to do with anything? It's not rocket science to add a button and a getURL in flash.

velorum

Post by velorum »

do the flash games have to be special in order to record a highscore? Because i have a copy of curveball and pacman that don't record highscores, but i have miniputt, and it does....any ideas?

defender39

Post by defender39 »

whoo is just full of himself...just ignore him

zoomsan

Post by zoomsan »

do the flash games have to be special in order to record a highscore? Because i have a copy of curveball and pacman that don't record highscores, but i have miniputt, and it does....any ideas?

My flash games are not in a special order, and they all record scores.

Make sure you check the paths in the config - so that the games match the actual .swf files, and also the path to the game ends with a "/" ... sometimes its just that which screws things up.

I have an interesting problem as my flash games load fine in Mozilla Firefox but do not load at all in Internet Explorer or Slimbrowser. My friend alerted me to this and then I tested it in IE on my own machine.

Very strange as I get the black border "flash box" - and thats about it, they just hang.

In Firefox they load right up. Any ideas anyone?

madnessmotors

Post by madnessmotors »

I know this is a long shot but, can someone send me all of the games from Feb. to current? I still have yet to find a computer that allows me to download from the spidy site and now it seems to be down. I was able to download them before but, now it just tells me that I cannot download from another site.

fleccy

Post by fleccy »

whoo wrote: yes fleccy, ive asked already for it..if you would please, copies of both would be outstanding!

transam, im not trying to be rude but i cant help that you dont "follow the logic". If you dont like the routes im exploring, find your own..thats all i can say. Rather than tell me what you think I need to do ..(its not even MY mod)

here it is yet again:

1. currently using NO cookie other than phpbb cookie used to maintain session, and currently NOT using any referring page.

2. ONE way im exploring is forcing a referrer, and denying the db write if that referrer isnt present.

is THAT clear enough?

ok here they are http://members.lycos.co.uk/feetachatmod ... for_vb.zip

to download right click then save target as :wink:

Cryo
Name: Chris

Post by Cryo »

Heres just a small collection for anyone looking. :wink:

Download

Asteriod
Breakout
Chopper
Curveball
Frogger
Invaders
Kickups
Miniputt
Pacman
Snakeneave
Tetris2
Wars

zoomsan

Post by zoomsan »

i solved my own problem.

if you have hotlink protection enabled in your cpanel for .swf files, they will not load properly in internet exploer and/or slimbrowser - but they will in mozilla firefox. disabling it fixes this issue for the other two.

zm

whoo

Post by whoo »

well, crap, i looked at both the vbull mods, and the ipb one. ipb has a very simple solution.. not unlike the idea I had about cookies-- basically it sets a cookie identical to the name of the game, once a game is called

Code: Select all

setcookie('gidstarted', '', time() - 3600);
setcookie('gidstarted',$id);
setcookie('tidstarted', '', time() - 3600);
and compares the cookie at the time of score submission

if(!isset($_COOKIE['tidstarted']) || $_COOKIE['tidstarted'] == "") {
			$tgame = 0;
		} else {
			$tgame = 1;
		}

$player_score = $ibforums->input['gscore'];

# Find this game's game id.
		$query1 = mysql_fetch_row(mysql_query("SELECT gid FROM ".$ibforums->vars['sql_tbl_prefix']."games_list WHERE gname='".$game_name."' LIMIT 1"));
		$gid = $query1[0];

if($_COOKIE['gidstarted'] != $gid || !isset($_COOKIE['gidstarted']))
        {
			$std->Error( array( LEVEL => 1, MSG => 'cheater') );
 		}
 		if(!isset($_POST['gscore']))
        {
  			$std->Error( array( LEVEL => 1, MSG => 'cheater') );
 		}
this is, of course dependant on the games being loaded within the page, rather than in popup windows.

[Cinder777]

Post by [Cinder777] »

[Cinder777] wrote: does anyone know how i can remove some "cheat highscores" without having to erase the scores on every single game?

thanks

whoo

Post by whoo »

ive sat here, every once in a while thinking about this and looking at the other mods, and I think i have a theoretical solution. Rather than attempting to rewrite the mod, and still have to edit flash files.. Im going to work on just creating a random hash, sending it off to a page, havent determined what or how yet when the game loads, and resending the same # when the game ends and the score is submitted. If the 2 numbers dont match, well the score shouldnt count. It sounds easy enough--we'll see, the actionscript is atleast simple
---

fyi:
create a layer at the beginning of the .fla or just find the very first layer with play(); in it and add

num = Math.round(Math.random() * 1000);
getURL("arcade.php", "_blank", "POST"); (need more stuff here to send the game id too, obviously)
now off to fix the php..
that sends a random # between 0-1000 (0 is a number, yes?)
Last edited by whoo on Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RHODEZY

Post by RHODEZY »

Im sorry if this has been asked before but, the table ina_data does not exist please could you post up the properties so i can create it. thanks xxxxxx

EDIT: very sorry...I LOVE U SEARCH BUTTON :oops:

Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

i have a question about a possible mod for this activity mod. How would you change it so that only each person showed up once on the highscores? For example, if someone played the same game more then once, only their highest high score would appear on the list

Napoleon

Post by Napoleon »

First Post updated.

Rat

Post by Rat »

Napoleon wrote: First Post updated.
:x
Rat

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”