[ABD] Activity MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Rat

Post by Rat »

anyone try to hack the newscore.php?? new one mod by whoo

if you still remember the old url:
newscore.php?mode=check_score&game_name=pacman&score=999999999

... ;) test it
Rat

Genisis_6

Post by Genisis_6 »

Hi. I was curious I want to be able to display what games and the scores that a person is the champion of in there profile when a user goes to view it. does anyone know what code I would use and where?

UJcDV

Post by UJcDV »

Hello,

I'm having a problem with activity mod 2.0. The mod is installed and the acp works as do the links. I got the game files here - http://users.skynet.be/alegis/act/downloads.html

I forgot where I downloaded activity mod 2.0

When I try and start a game (only asteroids is installed), nothing happens but an error message.

The error I get is an error message in the bowser on the lower left hand corner of the screen, looks like a yellow exclamation mark and when I click it, the following is the text of the message -

---------------------------------

Line: 1
Char: 1
Error: Object Expected
Code: 0
URL: http://ip address/activity.php

---------------------------------

I have it set up like this on the web server

root/games/asteroids/game file

In the ACP, under configuration I have -
Adar item shop = no
Gamelib = no
Rewards = yes (have cash mod installed)
Pointssystem = no
Allowance = no
Cash = yes
The number 1 in the reward field
Game per page = 5
Both cheater options = yes

Under editing the game -
Name = asteroids
Path = games/asteroids/
Desciption = shoot the rocks
blah
blah
blah
Use gameib =no
Use flash = yes

And that's it.

I thought maybe I need js code like the gamelib (impossible to find that anymore) but I'm using flash game(s).

It should work but it's not! Anybody got any ideas on why I get that error? I'm kinda brain dead working on this thing tonight and I am not a programmer.

Any help would be appreciated :)

DV

Ballerz Inc.

Post by Ballerz Inc. »

:? OK so I've tried everything people suggested but still cant get this MOD to work with my cash MOD. Is there anyone that is willing to tell me how they have there cash MOD and Activity MOD setup? My cash MOD and activity MOD work fine but together they dont. I have to tell the activity mod to not use cash mod or else I get "you do NOT have enough to play" and we get that even if the price of the game is FREE and the player has 100 points. I know it can be done but for some reason its hard and I just cant get it! Please help me... :(
Just a Little Nemo trying to get his swim on...

ayusuf
I've Been Banned!

Post by ayusuf »

that happend to me once too the i lost all the settings. I forgot how i did it .

Rat

Post by Rat »

HERE IS ANOTHER CHEAT METHOD.. this will work!

The flaw is in the games and is not the code this time. They are executed right on my machine; therefore their code execution routines and informaion are on my RAM. It is only a matter of interpreting the information. This is similar to cracking gunbound, starcraft, trial software etc.

Flash use data type as double for their game scores. The games will continualy read and write in a couple spots. They vary according to the level complication of each game. All you need to do is finding the locations

My codes will search thru ram according to the browser instance and replace those information. Right now, I don't think we can patch the games.

Here is the temporary fix:
Look at the playing duration. If it is too short with a hight a playing score, then there is a cheat. Then tell your system not to update that one.
Rat

Mr. Lou

Post by Mr. Lou »

Any progress on the games that haven't been edited to be compatible with the new newscore??

Whoo? Alexis?

Provokatiker

Post by Provokatiker »

Rat wrote: anyone try to hack the newscore.php?? new one mod by whoo

... ;) test it

Nobody tries to hack. The error also appears, when I was playing, and I didn't cheat...And i am using the new newscore.php...there must be another fault in it...

LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Rat wrote: anyone try to hack the newscore.php?? new one mod by whoo

... ;) test it

I'm at a wash as to what you are getting at. I've tried this and all that it produces is the "Template..Load file" error and no score is sent or recorded so what exactly is your point?

Rat

Post by Rat »

my point is the scrore still can be submit through the browser.. if you look at the second method i post up.. i have a code that will still alow you to cheat through the games.. the flaw is within the game!
Rat

TurtleX

Post by TurtleX »

Ballerz Inc. wrote: :? OK so I've tried everything people suggested but still cant get this MOD to work with my cash MOD. Is there anyone that is willing to tell me how they have there cash MOD and Activity MOD setup? My cash MOD and activity MOD work fine but together they dont. I have to tell the activity mod to not use cash mod or else I get "you do NOT have enough to play" and we get that even if the price of the game is FREE and the player has 100 points. I know it can be done but for some reason its hard and I just cant get it! Please help me... :(

The database field for the cash you are using has to be named user_points.

The_Vader

Post by The_Vader »

ok I've yet to figure out the loadfile() error.

Oh and btw, I'm a huge fan of Pacman and whoever modded it for the latest newscore.php well they screwed the sound up for it.

It sounds kinda sick now. The orginal modded pacman sounded fine for activity mod.

I downloaded the source from neave and the original swf file and the sound works great.

Also Could someone please reply that has solved the loadfile() error. I've read and read and yet to find anything that fixed this problem. To be honest I never had a problem with hacking of my games so now i'm screwed since they don't save the scores anymore lol.
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

My Homepage My Forums

The_Vader

Post by The_Vader »

ok fixed my load file problem but the sound on the newly modded pacman still sounds really sick and slow. It's like the loop is moving in slow motion
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

My Homepage My Forums

Genisis_6

Post by Genisis_6 »

So could anyone tell me what I would need to put in to make it show what games they have the highscore for in a persons profile?

LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Rat wrote: my point is the scrore still can be submit through the browser.. if you look at the second method i post up.. i have a code that will still alow you to cheat through the games.. the flaw is within the game!

But again I argue that with whoo's fix and your description of how to push the "cheat hole", am not able to reproduce it on my end. You posed this in the form of a :?: 1 page back in this thread and I followed up with the result being simple the load template () error and NO SCORE RECORDED in the database so I either don't know the exact combination required to reproduce this hole you still mention or whoo's fix does infact prevent what you think can still happen. :?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”