[ABD] Activity MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
mwmoon

Post by mwmoon »

so how'd you fix the load template () error?
whoo

Post by whoo »

The_Vader, ill fix the sound on pacman, thats one thing i didnt check, and easily accomplished since the source is available.

Rat, you cannot cheat with my fix, sorry bud. The score is sent via the browser, sure, but NO variables are passed visibly due to the http_post method.

Secondly, IF you still insist you can, then i would like you to prove it. If youre not willing to, then be quiet. Also, it's not too terribly difficult to see how the scores are sent, however if you want to make it difficult bu "searching" through your RAM (hahahhaha) you go right ahead. ANYONE can see how the scores are sent, without doing that. You crack me up though, hahahhaa.
Last edited by whoo on Sun May 02, 2004 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

mwmoon wrote: so how'd you fix the load template () error?

You should not have that problem as long as you are not mismatching the latest (cheat fixed) newscore.php from whoo with older games which are not compatible. If you use whoo's games in the .zip along with her fixed newscore.php then that shouldn't happen. I was simply pointing out to Rat that is what is produced also IF someone attempts to use his cheating url example.

Post a link to your board if you are still having this problem and possibly we can help you.
Provokatiker

Post by Provokatiker »

Provokatiker wrote: Ok, now, I have another problem:
The games are running fine, but, sometimes, there appears a message sying that "I am cheating...". Why ???
The games that message appeared 'til now are: Chopper, pinguin and snake...Snake I think is clear: As soon as you play without walls, it will be treated as cheating, isn't it?

Please help me to fix this problem, some of my users are getting angry ;)

What about my problem, someone knows help? Sometimes, the score will be submitted although the "Cheater"-claim appears ?!
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Provokatiker wrote: What about my problem, someone knows help? Sometimes, the score will be submitted although the "Cheater"-claim appears ?!

Turn off that "cheat" report switche(s) in the ACP - config.
whoo

Post by whoo »

The_Vader, ive fixed pacman for ya, you can download a fresh copy at http://www.kuclan.com/stuff/pacman.zip

ive also updated the core zip of games at http://www.kuclan.com/stuff/files.zip with the fixed pacman

hope that helps!

for anyone that is interested in this.. Ive got a "working" copy of what could be a a simple high scores page OR a portal block up at http://www.kuclan.com/board/gamescores.php You do not have to be logged in to view that page. Right now it is only showing the last five high scores, however that could be changed. It has a cpl problems. First, It doesnt work for games like miniputt which score backwards due to the type of query I used, and second, the way the date is formatted cant currently be changed on a user by user basis. Personally, I also think that all 4 columns would not go well in a side portal block, and ive thought about doing away with the date all together to make it easier to fit in. Its in a beta stage at best, but anyone that wants to mess with it, can. Just let me know and ill paste the code.
seteo-bloke
I've Been Banned!

Post by seteo-bloke »

I'm really sorry if this has been answered already but I've read through and can't see anything obvious...

Some games (Asteroids for example), when submitting the score, I'm getting ' Template->loadfile(): No files found for handle body '.

This is using the games and newscore.php from Whoo's most recent zip. :?
whoo

Post by whoo »

seteo-bloke wrote: I'm really sorry if this has been answered already but I've read through and can't see anything obvious...

Some games (Asteroids for example), when submitting the score, I'm getting ' Template->loadfile(): No files found for handle body '.

the only time this should happen is if you are using old games with the new newscore.php. Is this a brand new install? Had you previously modified any files to try to fix the cheating? Are you absolutely sure you have replaced the game you are talking about? ALL things that should be looked at.
whoo

Post by whoo »

Mr. Lou wrote: I understand that you have decided not to edit anymore from the pinguin games site whoo. But does that mean that you won't make pinguinslap compatible with the new newscore.php?

this is just a quick replay to let you know that i misunderstyood your question, and need to change my original yes answer to no. I will NOT be modifying that game. The author had explicit language on his website asking that NO more of his games be edited without his knowledge and approval, etc.. Someone else may choose to disregard his request, I will abide by it.
seteo-bloke
I've Been Banned!

Post by seteo-bloke »

whoo wrote:
seteo-bloke wrote:I'm really sorry if this has been answered already but I've read through and can't see anything obvious...

the only time this should happen is if you are using old games with the new newscore.php. Is this a brand new install? Had you previously modified any files to try to fix the cheating? Are you absolutely sure you have replaced the game you are talking about? ALL things that should be looked at.

Yeah all the swf's are from your zip and Activity site. I uploaded your new anti-cheat 'newscore.php' file as well.

I've just been trying it again and it's odd. I was playing the Penguin Slap game and it worked fine when saving the score the first 5 times, then on the 6th it gave me the error.

It seems to be the case with most of the games as well. :?
whoo

Post by whoo »

seteo-bloke, that sounds like something specific to you; perhaps you are using a file that you or someone else previously modified to get around the cheating. I reccomend installing the most recent activity mod, with NO other cheat fixes applied, then updating ONLY newscore.php and seeing if that helps.

I have another game to add to the other ones.. this one is called netblazer3D. Funny story, it was modded for for vbulletin, the guy who did it protected the changed file (the irony in that is amazing, since protection is something that original authors tend to do, instead of those that mod someone else's hard work. Not sure what he was protecting) At any rate, it's been unprotected and it now works just fine with the new newscore.php. Download it at http://www.kuclan.com/stuff/netblazer3D.zip
mwmoon

Post by mwmoon »

i downloaded the activity mod, the new anticheat newscore.php, and all the games from

http://users.skynet.be/alegis/act/downloads.html

all the games work fine, except for breakout, which when installed and played gives me this:

p.s. i posted that screenshot because that's NOT my website. that's the part i really wanted to emphasize.
whoo

Post by whoo »

yes thats because thats NOT my site. thats someone else hosting the games. You can get a fixed copy of breakout inside the zip from my site @ http://www.kuclan.com/stuff/files.zip
Rat

Post by Rat »

whoo wrote: Rat, you cannot cheat with my fix, sorry bud. The score is sent via the browser, sure, but NO variables are passed visibly due to the http_post method.

Secondly, IF you still insist you can, then i would like you to prove it. If youre not willing to, then be quiet. Also, it's not too terribly difficult to see how the scores are sent, however if you want to make it difficult bu "searching" through your RAM (hahahhaha) you go right ahead. ANYONE can see how the scores are sent, without doing that. You crack me up though, hahahhaa.

;) you're good with php and flash i have to admit it.. but don't be so arrogant. i am currently using your little "fix" right now yes i still can cheat. the old method won't work any more .. i don't know how to explain this cheat method because there's a member at my site show me this.. he is good with flash. just give out a site with the new fix and i'll prove it. :wink:

i only post this because i want this mod to improve.. similar to report bugs.. etc. you can laugh all you want and you expect people explain how they cheat.. hmmm for say even if i am wrong about the cheat method! don't get me wrong i do appreciate you're working on this.. though is hard to say anything if you don't look in it seriously.. why would i lie that i can cheat? :) because it happen to my board so i report it like every other case.
Last edited by Rat on Sun May 02, 2004 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rat
Mr. Lou

Post by Mr. Lou »

So the following games will not be updated to work with the new newscore.php because they are not found in your files.zip? or we just need to wait...?

AirFox
Asteroid not Asteroids
Ballon Hunter
Break Out 2
Marsover
Pinguinslap
Moon Landing
UFO

(I already know Pinguinslap won't).

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”