[ABD] Activity MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
whoo

Post by whoo »

i need a beta tester for a game.. details are here:
http://www.kuclan.com/stuff/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=50

thanks!
defender-uk

Post by defender-uk »

OK.

I see that some of you want me to finish the code first before moving on, SO.

I have released BETA 4.

Fixed:-

1. One BIG bug, if a game is set to reverse list, i.e a lower score wins, the score was never saved. Thanks for the game writers to release a game to me that did reverse listings :)
This is now fixed.
2. Newscore now supports even more games.
3. column length in admin display.
4. Points not being added, two reasons why + #1, all fixed.
5. Offline games are now shown with '{desc} offline'
6. No need to enter .gif in the image, if left blank it will check for the image, and then if it can't find it, it will display the default one.

I have NOT done the auto loader, BUT have thought of a format that can then be loaded directly in to the database ?

i.e.
NAME,DESC,PATH,IMAGE_PATH,H_SIZE,W_SIZE,REVERSE,INSTRUC

But I think the request was too get the autoloader to look at web pages, or was it a file on a web site ?

P.S. Has any-one tried linking the image to an off site image ?
-:- i'd like to knowif that works.
alegis gensan

Post by alegis gensan »

Its better to work with a php page where you need to login, and then the user can submit the DESCR,W_LENGHT,H_LENGHT,NAME etc to a database, cause its best to work with one site where it gets the data from, and its best that contributors can submit game values immediately
defender-uk

Post by defender-uk »

alegis gensan wrote: Its better to work with a php page where you need to login, and then the user can submit the DESCR,W_LENGHT,H_LENGHT,NAME etc to a database, cause its best to work with one site where it gets the data from, and its best that contributors can submit game values immediately

OK, i'll do an export routine also, that way the database can be anywhere that the mod is installed :)
Genisis_6

Post by Genisis_6 »

alegis gensan wrote: exactly... Anyone (defender?) got an idea why it doesnt want to load content from another swf?

Hey just wanted to say this as my Flash debuger kicked in when I went to try The mefirst file directly from my browser. Here's the error I got in the debugger (it seems to be calling qbert.swf from your site {not sure though})

Was going to post the debug error but I can't copy&paste from the debug window.
Sept0r

Post by Sept0r »

Nevermind, I found it.
mwmoon

Post by mwmoon »

i see a few guys are working on a new version of the mod, but i'm not particularly fond of some of the features (clearing scores after x days) unless they can be turned off. but regardless of that, i'd want to wait until it was out of an early dev phase before i implemented it on my site.

having said that:

would someone be able to help me get a simple high score list on my site index (not forum index), where i could hold the top 10 or so high scorers (i.e. those with the most high scores).

Ideally, and i know i'm asking a LOT but i have no clue how to code so this would probably have to be undertaken by someone who'd want something similar, i'd like to have it set up so that it would be:

username: total high scores owned:
moonman 25
joeschmoe 20
someguy 18

and make the number a link to a page somewhere that lists the games for which that user has the high score.

getting ahead of myself even more, the "total high scores owned" could be placed in the users profile with a link to the page with the list.

this might be better suited elsewhere, but i thought, hey, why not post in the largest thread since its went somewhat quiet in the last few days.
defender-uk

Post by defender-uk »

Aprt from posting to a thread thats dead.

1. Can you do SQL?

2. Can you do templates?

Code: Select all

SELECT * from phpbb_ina_scores where game_name = 'defender' ORDER BY score LIMIT 10

You will need that statement to get the top 10 scores for the defender game.

You will also need to send an array to the index_body.tpl file.

This is not a quick thing. And I beleive that aUsTiN has been asked the same thing and has replied to it in the Plus Thread.
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”